Transporting a 02 Viper

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes I know Gary Almond is who most use, but has anyone used Exotic Transport? They are about $300 cheaper and seem to have a little bit better availability. Gary Almond is out of the country, so he has other people shipping for him.

Exotic has insurance and all so I am just wondering if anyone has used them and has had good or bad experiences with them.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does exotic do enclosed transport for $300 less? or is this an open trailer? That is a huge difference.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Garys other people are also good and ultimately Gary stands behind them. I have not hesitated to use one of his other guys when I was in a hurry and everthing went just as well. And I ain't the Donald but $300 is meaningless to me when entrusting one of my cars to a known transport company that is VERY familiar with Vipers.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Trust me, if you think $300 qualifies as an unreasonable viper tax
you have many, many unpleasant surprises in your future.

When the "other company" comes to pick up your car ask the driver
what his DD is. The last car (I should say jeep) I had shipped was
transported by a guy who referred to his new Altima as the "good car."

Remember you'd be giving your $50,000 car and its keys to a guy
who is required by law to park his truck and sit around with nothing
to do for a set period of time - every day.

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Looking for a shipper to ship a GTS from Oregon to Montreal (2450 miles).

This company was recommended to me by other members. I was impressed and pricing was reasonable.

Intercity Lines - ask for Bob Sellers

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm back from Shanghai and would be happy to help anybody out.

I always like to take this opportunity to talk about pricing. My prices are highly competitive. It's always easy to find a less expensive transporter, but you really have to consider the level of service you get. Most transporters that transport cars the way I do (single or double car trailer) usually charge around $1.40 a mile. My prices are based on about $1.20 a mile.

If you do go with the big carriers, their prices vary considerably depending on how many cars they have in the trailer and if they have a truck going your way at the right time. I always compare their service to that of a Greyhound bus. If you don't mind your car being loaded (and stacked) with 6 or 7 other cars or if you don't mind them stopping many times to pick up and drop off cars along the way, then this might be worth the difference in price. In most cases I'm very competitive with them on pricing and with all the advantages I offer, it's really a no-brainer. However, long distance trips are very lucrative for them because they can pick up and drop off so many cars along the way. I drive point to point and that costs me more.

It's true that some people will try to save 10% or so on a trip, but don't you really want to have peace of mind knowing that your car is being babied? I treat every car is if it were my own. I'm a Viper owner and really know how to take care of these cars. I have been slow to grow this business because I am extremely particular about my reputation and I have high standards when it comes to finding other drivers. That means that I'm not always available for everyone, but surprisingly, I move a LOT of cars. Give me a call if you're interested.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, you are a class act! Seeing how you handled and cared for my car as well as Ian's when you delivered mine, I cannot beleive that people would go anywhere else. I need to call you and set something up, you will be taking my car to PBJ in St. Louis this Spring.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam having my 01 ACR shipped by Intercity lines. Good price and they have tons of insurance.

Mine arrived (finally) today !

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks to everyone for recommendations and efforts !

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm back from Shanghai and would be happy to help anybody out.

I always like to take this opportunity to talk about pricing. My prices are highly competitive. It's always easy to find a less expensive transporter, but you really have to consider the level of service you get. Most transporters that transport cars the way I do (single or double car trailer) usually charge around $1.40 a mile. My prices are based on about $1.20 a mile.

If you do go with the big carriers, their prices vary considerably depending on how many cars they have in the trailer and if they have a truck going your way at the right time. I always compare their service to that of a Greyhound bus. If you don't mind your car being loaded (and stacked) with 6 or 7 other cars or if you don't mind them stopping many times to pick up and drop off cars along the way, then this might be worth the difference in price. In most cases I'm very competitive with them on pricing and with all the advantages I offer, it's really a no-brainer. However, long distance trips are very lucrative for them because they can pick up and drop off so many cars along the way. I drive point to point and that costs me more.

It's true that some people will try to save 10% or so on a trip, but don't you really want to have peace of mind knowing that your car is being babied? I treat every car is if it were my own. I'm a Viper owner and really know how to take care of these cars. I have been slow to grow this business because I am extremely particular about my reputation and I have high standards when it comes to finding other drivers. That means that I'm not always available for everyone, but surprisingly, I move a LOT of cars. Give me a call if you're interested.

Gary, you will be shipping mine just as soon as I find one. Tell you what, if you find me one (see sig) you will be shipping it that much sooner. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper