Treated myself for Christmas

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To a ride in the Viper. I finally found the time to put the battery in it last weekend and haven't been able to drive it much since Late August with my health issues and the battery dying etc... So I figured it was a nice day, the battery is finally working again so I took her out for a nice spin. Passed approx 3 vettes while I was out with one of them being a Z06. Flew past him at about 110 mph. Too bad he was going in the opposite direction. I was tempted to turn arounds and see if he wanted to play but I was expecting a bunch of family to arrive at the house soon for Christmas dinner so I figured it would be a bad thing if the wife had to bail me out of jail for street racing so I kept on going. :dunno: I guess the 110 mph on 202 wasn't that smart either but the roads were empty with it being Christmas and everything and it only takes seconds and you are in the triple digits. :lmao: Man I love this Viper. :drive:

I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :2tu:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have a wonderful Christmas, agentf1 and enjoy your Viper every day as much as you can!
Take care & drive safe!

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
202 is a highly congested road. Lots of lights. In Delaware?
Usually, it was 100% empty today when I drove down it. Nobody was out with Christmas. I think I saw maybe 5 cars on 202 the whole time I was on it and 3 of them were vettes.

I won't speed if I am amongst traffic, it is too easy for somebody to do something stupid like cut in front of me. :nono:

This is always the problem when you haven't driven the Viper for a while. You have all that pent up energy you need to release. ;)

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont be a dick....take it to the track....your better off in a controled atmosphire.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be a dick. Just do so responsibly.

Glad you got to enjoy your car! I've been driving mine all weekend. Finally some rain today, but it will dry and we'll go back to being a, well, um, responsible dick!

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I am sure NONE of you ever exceeded the speed limit. I am NOT even going to bring up my first VCA event where everybody was weaving in and out of traffic at triple digits in their vipers (everybody except me of course ;) ). Don't worry guys, I am a big boy and know right from wrong and am 100% safe when driving my Viper or Vette. Obviously there is a time and place for everything. Not like I set out to speed on a neighborhood road with kids playing. I jumped on it on a deserted stretch of road that was six lanes wide and hit triple digits for a brief moment and let off as soon as I realized my speed. :rolleyes:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank: So glad you were able to get your Viper out and enjoy it!! Like you, we don't take life for granted, gotta enjoy each and every day best we can...and if you can get the Viper out to DO that, MORE power to ya!!! ENVY here...!! TOTALLY ENJOY~~you deserve to!
~juli

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm more impressed with Frank's vision, in picking out a Z06 while going 110mph in the opposite direction. :hail:

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To a ride in the Viper. I finally found the time to put the battery in it last weekend and haven't been able to drive it much since Late August with my health issues and the battery dying etc... So I figured it was a nice day, the battery is finally working again so I took her out for a nice spin. Passed approx 3 vettes while I was out with one of them being a Z06. Flew past him at about 110 mph. Too bad he was going in the opposite direction. I was tempted to turn arounds and see if he wanted to play but I was expecting a bunch of family to arrive at the house soon for Christmas dinner so I figured it would be a bad thing if the wife had to bail me out of jail for street racing so I kept on going. :dunno: I guess the 110 mph on 202 wasn't that smart either but the roads were empty with it being Christmas and everything and it only takes seconds and you are in the triple digits. :lmao: Man I love this Viper. :drive:

I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :2tu:

So you're not too far from me then. I'm up next to Lansdale.

The roads were empty yesterday and it was nice a nice day - Sounds like fun!:2tu:

(and I've done waaay more than 110 on a certain deserted highway near me.;) Glad ya got away with it!:headbang: )

Chris(NJ)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was coming home from work at 7am Christmas morning and couldnt believe how EMPTY the roads were. Saw about 5 cars going in my direction in 8 the miles i was on the gsp

OP
OP
A

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you're not too far from me then. I'm up next to Lansdale.

The roads were empty yesterday and it was nice a nice day - Sounds like fun!:2tu:

(and I've done waaay more than 110 on a certain deserted highway near me.;) Glad ya got away with it!:headbang: )

We will have to get together sometime. How far are you from Ridley Creek State Park? When the weather participates we usually meet up every Sunday morning at either lot # 8 or lot # 14 and hang out. It is usually mostly vettes but sometimes some Vipers or some exotics show up. Usually Porsche's but we had a bunch of different exotics on a few weekends. Then on some weekends we get swarmed with rice burners. The vette's are always there though.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, I am sure NONE of you ever exceeded the speed limit. I am NOT even going to bring up my first VCA event where everybody was weaving in and out of traffic at triple digits in their vipers (everybody except me of course ;) ). Don't worry guys, I am a big boy and know right from wrong and am 100% safe when driving my Viper or Vette. Obviously there is a time and place for everything. Not like I set out to speed on a neighborhood road with kids playing. I jumped on it on a deserted stretch of road that was six lanes wide and hit triple digits for a brief moment and let off as soon as I realized my speed. :rolleyes:

100% safe? Don't I wish that was possible. Unfortuntely, reality is that there is no 100% safe, anywhere, at anytime. Lol, surely you remember your parents used to tell you that you could fall down the stairs and die? I got 'snake bit' at 60mph (speed limit) while driving down the main highway and drove through some puddles with my superwide Viper tires. Head-on'd a semi! I got a faster GTS, but I don't pretend that it's super safe - just safer than all the other cars out there that need more than 100' to stop from 60mph. And safer than my wife's Escape that has the headrests level with my shoulders (neck breakers).

You must be registered for see images

We just attempt to keep the risk level at an acceptable rate.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960