Trying to have Autozone read codes! HELP

two06vipers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys i posted here this last weekend that my car is bucking really bad feels like the 02 sensors have gone out on me. Well it finally tripped the check engine light ..... I took it to autozone to have them tell me what the code was and the guy cant find the plug to hook the obdII into...... where is it?? i have had the car less than 2 months and I have no clue!
thanks

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
if it's the gen II..it's located right by the lower left driver's side panel under the dash....it's a small plug...you will see it by the fuse panel.

OP
OP
T

two06vipers

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah sorry its a Gen II 97 blue w/white stripes.
Ill have them look there tomorrow..... i think we were looking there today just didnt see it....

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you don't need to remove the panel or anything... sitting in the car, look at where your left knee is and imagine an invisible line at a 45 degree angle to the left. it is right up against the wall and slightly behind the carpet so you _may_ need to peel the carpet back an inch. the port looks like a serial port... 2 rows, i forget how many pins. about 1.5 in long and 1/2 in wide.

good luck!

JD

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's a 1997, can't you just turn the key on-off-on-off-on (or in a similar sequence) and have the codes flash in a morse code effect and decode it in the back of the manual? I know I have done it on our 1996's, the back of the manual has the codes. It's listing under diagnostic procedures.... check it out.

It might take a few times to get the long, short, long figured out, but it's accurate.

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the code scanner plug is on the driver side, under the dash, towards the driver side door, sometimes they got stuck under part of the carpet, just look under there...it's there...thanks