Ultimate Radar Detector

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, so where do you get the power for the BCT12 when you already have your V1 plugged into the cigarette lighter?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got one from Wal-Mart that has a 4-way splitter, two on each side, I think it was $8. It was in the automotive section, with the neon lights.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do not buy the so called radar/lasar jammers they do not work. been there done that. i have been using radar detectors for 20 years now and the best in my opinion is cincinatti microwaves "passport". i have 2 of em currently. i have the old model 7500 and the fairly new model 8500. i have had almost every new model that they have put out over the last 20 years. here in the southwest almost no radar guns are x-band anymore. 99% of what is being use is k-band and Ka-band. passports have a feature which lets you turn off the x-band detection which makes the detector work even better at detecting k and Ka bands than it already does. there newest model 8500+ has the longest range detection of K and Ka band of any detector on the market. do yourself a favor and get a passport for $350. i still get 2 speeding tickets every year but avoid dozens also every year thanx to my passport. just today i drove my viper 175 miles and avoided 4 speeding tickets. it paid itself off in one day of driving :2tu:

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years I have not used anything. I've had a good Atty that has been able to get defective equipment, non-moving, no point out comes every time, even if in the same city within the same year. His fee, $65.00 per ticket, ticket fee typically twice the orig ticket fine.

BUT, I just settled one my guy could not get fixed and I had to hire a local atty from the city it was in. Cost for atty $250.00, ticket fee $300.00. I was doing 90 in a 55 in a small town called Richmond MO. Picture Dukes of Hazard, now you got it. But I did get defective equipment, non-moving, no points outcome. (no not in my Viper, in my daily driver!)

So I am looking to own radar and laser equipment after the last one. Like Fast Freddy, when I used one, I always used a passport, I had two different models. Loved them both. I also used a Phazer Jammer for a while.

My issue here is it seems all troops around me are now using laser. I assume this because every time I see them on the side of the road they are holding a "gun" up against their face looking through a "scope" to aim it. Unlike the radar just point it out the back window. But I could be wrong about my assumption.

From what I gleen from all the radar/laser posts on this site it sounds like there are laser jammers on the market. Are they functional? Are they legal? Which ones work best? Could you run a V1 next to a laser jammer without both going off like crazy? (I tried my Phazer Jammer and my Passport at the same time and they both lit up like a x-mas tree, they never quit going off)

If I go with both a radar detector and a laser jammer I will most likley try the V1 since I never have had one.

Any input on a laser jammer?

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The passport X 50 is supposed to be quite good and online retailers have it for $120 less than the V1. The regular Passport (before the new X 50) was voted better than the V1 in a recent car rag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960