UNDERDRIVE Pulleys! 15 Rear Wheel Horsepower

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One last question Jason (yep, Im down with the Paxton First thing !!), what about making a paxton SC pulley for the crank, that is LARGER.

Everyone keeps changing the smaller pulley on the SC'er and making it smaller, (there by reducing surface area and grip), why not make a bigger SC Crank pulley ? Sure it costs more, but you GAIN surface area instead of LOSING it. also would allow the NUT JOBS a chance to pull even HIGHER boost numbers out of the NOVI 2000 (not my intention), but I sure would love to see UNDERGROUND RACING, get 18 lbs of boost !! lol...

Seriously, if I did a pulley change its less detrimental on the belt if the ratio is done by increains bottom pulley then decreasing the top one.

Jon

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when will you get to work on the Roe S/C and make a pully ofr that one?

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One last question Jason (yep, Im down with the Paxton First thing !!), what about making a paxton SC pulley for the crank, that is LARGER.

Everyone keeps changing the smaller pulley on the SC'er and making it smaller, (there by reducing surface area and grip), why not make a bigger SC Crank pulley ? Sure it costs more, but you GAIN surface area instead of LOSING it. also would allow the NUT JOBS a chance to pull even HIGHER boost numbers out of the NOVI 2000 (not my intention), but I sure would love to see UNDERGROUND RACING, get 18 lbs of boost !! lol...

Seriously, if I did a pulley change its less detrimental on the belt if the ratio is done by increains bottom pulley then decreasing the top one.

Jon

HELLLLLLLO JASON ??? Can you respond to this please ?? I am interested in wether or not your capable/willing to produce a larger BOTTOM pulley for the Paxton set up ? To increase boost, without changing the smaller pulley attached to the paxton SC itself ?? !!

Jon

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, been VERY busy and not monitoring the board much. You can always call the shop if you need quicker answers. And yes, I can make modified pulleys for the crank that will allow you to not change the upper unit. I was not sure that there was much of a market for this, but it looks like their just might be. I can even do a one-off for you if needed. I have plenty of paxton pulleys to work from, but I need a Roe pulley if those are desired also. Thanks