Unitrax Half shafts, what else is needed

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a set of half shafts and was wondering what all they come with and what all I need to get before I put them in?
thanks
This is on a GENII GTS

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my shafts from Jon B. Shipped them with everything needed for installation. Also, installed the safety hoops at the same time. Required by some tracks depending on your et. While I'm not a track rat, figured why not add them while I'm in the neighborhood.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I broke 2 u-joints last year because of a rounded out strap. So now I always change them...cheap insurance!!!!

OP
OP
S

supraman95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there not a stronger better strap setup than the ones listed above? I saw a hoop style setup on something before and this should be alot stronger. Is there any kind of upgraded straps?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I broke 2 u-joints last year because of a rounded out strap. So now I always change them...cheap insurance!!!!

Dont confuse the optional SAFETY LOOPS ( required by most drag venues below 11.5 sec)with the mounting hardware straps-bolts. We always include the new straps/bolts with halfshafts, gearsets. You should NEVER re-use them, once they have been torqued down one time. Supraman, your real name is missing....dunno if U got shafts here!

Ironic that with the Gen 2 rear frame recall, Dodge did NOT include these! Better dealers included them anyway, the RIGHT thing to do. Some dealers bought them from us becasue the Mopar variant is so expensive.

If you ad slicks and go fast, esp on OE shafts, you should add the safety loops to keep you from a wall hit if you do break a shaft.

Last edited: