Upgrading Corsa with High Flow Cats?

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for your feedback on what you experienced by upgrading your Corsa Exhaust from stock cats to Random Tech High Flows.

1)Is the interior noise any louder when cruising? Any drone?

2)Does this improve/reduce the sill tempuratures?

3)Did you go with 2.5" or 3" cats?

4)Did you like the results?

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. No, No
2. Yes
3. 3"
4. Yes!! Git er done!! You'll love it!! (I actually put the Corsa and high flows on at the same time, so the difference was probably more noticeable than what you might experience)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SAME HERE: Drone went away with Corsa and HF-3".
Inside not loud - outside at WOT is VERY-VERY loud
:)

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The HF cats do up the sound volume quite a bit. Somewhat louder at idle and significantly louder at WOT. I don't think it reintroduced any significant drone and the side sills are much cooler. It also tended to make my Corsa exhaust sound raspier, which is good or bad depending on what sound you are looking for. Less burble and more bark. I added headers as a 3rd step and they had much less affect on the sound than the HFs did.

The only reason not to do them is if the exhaust is already on the loud side for you. Since your Corsa is 3", there is no reason not to go with the 3" HFs as well and if you eventually go with headers, you'll want to have the 3" cats

Bad Car

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I replaced my exhaust with Corsa and Random Tech High Flow cats.

Great Sound and my Sills temps are much cooler.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the Corsa and RT hi-flows on the 98 and just got the same package from PartsRack for the 02. No drone at all. sounds ok at idle, normal driving won't piss off the neighborhood, and WOT is........ YEAH BABY......all hell breaks loose!

I got the 3" which I believe is all that Corsa makes now and 3" RT hi-flows with the 3" to 2-1/2" adaptor for the stock header pipe.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. No, No
2. Yes
3. 3"
4. Yes!! Git er done!! You'll love it!! (I actually put the Corsa and high flows on at the same time, so the difference was probably more noticeable than what you might experience)

Ditto

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are the answers if you go with str8 pipes instead of hi-flows ? I have cat delete pipes and am contemplating whether I should install them at the same time as the headers/exhaust or go with hi-flows instead.

I also saw mention of sims when suing str8 pipes. Where can one get the sims from?

--wes

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No cats = awful smell, louder, and flames out the exhaust!

Do you live in an State that sniffs?

Any of the supporting vendors sell O2 simulators. PartsRack, Roe, etc

wesman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it unbearable loud? or just a bit louder ? any resonance? My state doesn't require a sniffer unless it's an OBD-1 car, so pre-96. As long as it doesn't trip a code (shouldn't as long as I have the sims ).

--wes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas