URG: Need +50rwhp in my SRT..

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Folks -

I am trying to get another 50rwhp from my 2005SRT to give me some hope of beating my friend who has his C6 Z06 coming in about a month.

Car is stock right now except for motons, eibachs, K&N, flywheel and 3.55 gears.

Advice has been all over the map so I figured I'd check this forum where you guys actually measure and post the results.

Whats the most reliable/cost effetive way to add an extra 50hp? I saw the 54rwhp post on this list but I wondered if thats the way to go if I am not planning a supercharger??

What has worked best for you folks?

j

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hate to say it but what it would cost you to make another 50 hp you should step up and make 200 hp more by going heads and cam or supercharger. i don't think exhaust does much for hp and a gear helps a bit for launch.
Max

pumpgas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the ticket for you. $1000 for a brand new NX dual fogger kit with all the accessories and a K&N intake system with the foggers already plumbed. All in, cost was over $1,500 a couple months ago. 4 hr install time as I have everything wired up in harnesses and labeled. I recently went with a paxton. Add a ridiculously safe 100 shot and blow his doors off by bus lengths. I personally ran the 150 shot all day long. 100hp is the minimum you can run, 50hp on each side. Max 300hp. I put down 570 rwhp and 690rwtq with the 150 shot and all stock other than that.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Learn how to drive, its a drivers race with cars that close.

Go to the track make lots and lots of passes, once you do this it will be a no brainer.

Unfortunatly most people ignore the driving part and end up loosing to c5 z06's and then the vet guys make silly posts on the internet.

You would get much more respect being stock and beating him rather than moded also.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
708 cam ,K & N filters, get rid of the cross over, will give you what you are looking for.

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you just did the heads (greg goode) you could probably get 50 hp, and the idle wouldn't change very much. It would be hard to prove without pulling the engine for inspection. Wouldn't your friend be upset when your "stock" viper pulls him.
I think the 3.55s are a good start. If the heads don't roughen your idle too much then you may consider rockers as well. I consider these "steath" tricks.

I think exhaust is overdone. Sound is compromised, and everyone thinks you've picked up big HP, when you really haven't.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Jay,

Heads = good gain for the $. Very stealthy.

I gained 50 rwhp with the full B&B step headers / exhaust / high flow cats and K&N intake. Car was louder though. I added 3.55's and stomped the Z06's and other modded vettes too. I can shift this car relatively fast and that helps.

IMHO, practice your driving. It will give you an edge as most Viper owners don't spend the necessary seat time and as a result don't drive quite as well as vette owners in general.

Good luck,

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang