"Used" 04 - How's does this happen?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Used\" 04 - How\'s does this happen?

There is a "used" 04 on ebay, 27 miles.
The "dealer" is "Jolly Johnny Auto City" (don't think I would buy a car there...)not a factory DC dealer.
How come this car is NOT at a DC dealer on the showroom floor?
How does a "hole in the wall" wholesaler ("Jolly Johnny"?) get a "brand new" (27 mile) car?

One more thing....why are there so many used SRT-10s around?

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

well i have sold one 03 and one 04 already....didnt like the colors. that is probly why you would find 04 on used lots.

OP
OP
V

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

well i have sold one 03 and one 04 already....didnt like the colors. that is probly why you would find 04 on used lots.

ROTFLOL!!

Huh....... you BOUGHT a car and then sold it because you didn't like the color?
Didn't you know if you "liked" the color when you bought it?

Sounds like a line a car salesman would use on the car with 20 miles that was really hit by a train! LOL!!!!

TWENTY SEVEN freakin miles is NEW to me but it's on a USED car dealers lot

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

I can understand the '03 as we bought them sight unseen. No pictures, specifications, nothing. Guess I can't help out with an excuse for the '04 though.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

TWENTY SEVEN freakin miles is NEW to me but it's on a USED car dealers lot

If it has been titled, it is used no matter how many miles is or isn't on it. That's why the used dealer has it. Another way, the used dealer could buy it from a Dodge dealer with a open mso and then it would still be a new car.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: \"Used\" 04 - How\'s does this happen?

Keep in mind the Used Car Dealer may have purchased it from a Dodge Dealer, and therefore he now has it for sale. Sometimes Dealers who seldom deal in Vipers end up selling them to Exotic Lots ,etc., that may have more experience in this type of vehicle. Also, sometimes used Dealers want them for themselves as a daily driver or to speculate, and this is likely with this car. The disadvantage is that the NVDR ( New Vehicle Delivery Report ) would have been sent in , and even if the car is still on an MS0 the warranty has already started. Who knows where the car is kept, how it is being treated ,etc.,so my suggestion is buy from a reputable Dealer that knows Snakes, and there are plenty listed throughout this Forum.

There are a reasonable number of Vipers for sale, as DC was able to build almost 600 more than last year. The Viper may have become profitable for the first time in it's existence, and this bodes well for those of us that wait with bated breath for future changes and the Coupe.

Have a nice day, or it you can't do that, go for an exciting evening!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Could have fallen off a truck, damaged in some way, Never know. Guy who bought it could have nailed it on the way home from dealer and crashed it to!!!

Godsil Performance

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

This is pretty common with cars that can be sold for over MSRP. A dealer whether they are a used car dealer or say a Chevy dealer will buy a new car like an SRT-10 and then sell it off their lot for thousands over MSRP even if it is used. I first heard of this when the PT Cruiser came out. A Dodge dealer wanted to sell PT Cruisers because alot of dealers here in the NW were getting double sticker price for them. In fact I know a guy who bought a $16,000 MSRP PT Cruiser but paid $32,000 for it. Anyway this local Dodge dealer found a place that had many PT Cruisers available. They made a deal and this Dodge dealer was able to sell a PT Cruiser with only 25 miles on it BUT had to sell it as a used car because since they are not a Chrysler dealer, they were the first owners. I find it hard to believe someone bought a new anything and didn't even make it home before they wanted to sell it. The dealer only thinks they can make some extra money.

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

ViperJoe -

some of us used car dealers simply like Vipers. No mystery there. You have a good couple of weeks, there's extra coin laying around, and you buy one to play with for a while then flip. Since Mopar turbo minivans are getting harder to find, I have to settle for the occasional Viper speculation.

I see '04 'Vettes with low mileage at auctions frequently.

Frankly, Vipers are what got me in the car business to begin with.

Jason - that PT guy let himself get boned. That's the danger of wanting one of the first of anything.

Remember when the Miata came out? Those rainbow sticker-infested skates were going for 50% over MSRP in some cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonychicken