Used 09' ACR value?

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5% GST and 7.5 PST here, so you still have it better than some.

I remember when the extra parliment seats were created to pass the 5% GST... :omg:

Yes Taxes may be bad in the states but I recall them being significantly steeper when I resided in Canada for a bit ...

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember when the extra parliment seats were created to pass the 5% GST... :omg:

Yes Taxes may be bad in the states but I recall them being significantly steeper when I resided in Canada for a bit ...

The Liberals have been raising taxes full time for the last 8+ years. A non-resident guided fishing license cost went from $10 per day to $100 per day.

Government Health care? The provincial Gov. charges us $850 EACH or $1260/family per year. When I renewed my Semi Driver's License I had to pay the Doctor an extra $75 to fill out the form for the Prov (during a bi-annual check up). The I had to pay the standard $75 for my DL and then pay the Gov. another $28 for "form processing. It's also my responsibility to pay the costs of driving 400 miles to spend the day visiting the Doctor and Government Agency in Williams Lake.

It wouldn't be so bad if they went to jail when we caught them with their hands in the treasury, but they usually get paid 3 years severance pay of some other ignorant BS. They caught the Insurance Corp of BC exec.s buying themselves repaired cars for nearly free and that being corruption 1 or 2 got fired including the CEO. He made under $100K per year, but when they fired him they paid him more than $300,000. Kinda like the big 3 CEOs. The Ford guy paid himself $1,000,000 bonus for ruining the company and then offered to work for free? Nardeli was doing the same.

Ted

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a car perfect world( lots of money and garage space) most of us on this forum would own more than 1 sports/supercar..and for different reasons....The Ford GT was never made to be more than a tribute short term project from Fords glory racing days.. Iam sure its a great car with a big price tag attached too....The fact that its holding its price is a tribute to Ford and car people everywhere...These Viper vs Vette vs GT vs anything is just crazy because most people( including myself )will never
see the limits of any of these cars. Theres alot of ego /machismo /status/ you name it to owning a high powered sports car and opinions are like asp-h***s....
Socrates admitted he always wanted a GT and he wasnt too interested in the track so hes selling his ACR,does that make the ACR bad ???NO. Does EVERYONE who buys a ACR go to the track with it..???? NO..I bet there are some in dry storage already with collectors hoping the Viper dies so their investment can start to rise.:rolleyes:
I love Lambos and Ferraris but in the end I cant afford either of the two as far as price goes(For the model I want)....Sometimes if your not in that PERFECT car world you have to step back and say if I can have any super/sports/car in MY price range what should I get and be happy with...AS Frank B. said Iam an Instant Gratification person but Iam not spoiled by any means...Will I love my ACR when I finally get it..? I hope so,lol...or the wife will back over me with it.....Will I use it for what Dodge built it for like Chuck says.??? Maybe but Iam paying for it so who cares....Does everyone who owns a MURCI/ENZO/CARRERA GT /ETC just track them..? Again I dont care its their cars...
I know Iam rambling but the point Iam trying to make is..............I forgot:confused:
There are too many variable with price/monatary income of buyers/ and why someone wants one car over another and why he buys said car so get what you want and if you dont like it get something else life is short....And for god sakes lets hope Chuck wins the next raffel or lets chip in and get him a ACR so he can fly the VIPER flag proudly:usa::usa::usa: Kevin

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said. Also, let it be noted that this is my 8th Viper (basically in sequence), so it's time for a change. At least with the values on the GT's holding steady, and the Viper values falling like a rock, if I get tired of the GT or miss the Viper, I'll be able to sell the GT easily and pick up another Viper at a great price. :D

In a car perfect world( lots of money and garage space) most of us on this forum would own more than 1 sports/supercar..and for different reasons....The Ford GT was never made to be more than a tribute short term project from Fords glory racing days.. Iam sure its a great car with a big price tag attached too....The fact that its holding its price is a tribute to Ford and car people everywhere...These Viper vs Vette vs GT vs anything is just crazy because most people( including myself )will never
see the limits of any of these cars. Theres alot of ego /machismo /status/ you name it to owning a high powered sports car and opinions are like asp-h***s....
Socrates admitted he always wanted a GT and he wasnt too interested in the track so hes selling his ACR,does that make the ACR bad ???NO. Does EVERYONE who buys a ACR go to the track with it..???? NO..I bet there are some in dry storage already with collectors hoping the Viper dies so their investment can start to rise.:rolleyes:
I love Lambos and Ferraris but in the end I cant afford either of the two as far as price goes(For the model I want)....Sometimes if your not in that PERFECT car world you have to step back and say if I can have any super/sports/car in MY price range what should I get and be happy with...AS Frank B. said Iam an Instant Gratification person but Iam not spoiled by any means...Will I love my ACR when I finally get it..? I hope so,lol...or the wife will back over me with it.....Will I use it for what Dodge built it for like Chuck says.??? Maybe but Iam paying for it so who cares....Does everyone who owns a MURCI/ENZO/CARRERA GT /ETC just track them..? Again I dont care its their cars...
I know Iam rambling but the point Iam trying to make is..............I forgot:confused:
There are too many variable with price/monatary income of buyers/ and why someone wants one car over another and why he buys said car so get what you want and if you dont like it get something else life is short....And for god sakes lets hope Chuck wins the next raffel or lets chip in and get him a ACR so he can fly the VIPER flag proudly:usa::usa::usa: Kevin

Redhotviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said. Also, let it be noted that this is my 8th Viper (basically in sequence), so it's time for a change. At least with the values on the GT's holding steady, and the Viper values falling like a rock, if I get tired of the GT or miss the Viper, I'll be able to sell the GT easily and pick up another Viper at a great price. :D

I have owned 3 Vipers and I have loved them all. A while back I was torn between buying a new ACR or buying a Ford GT. Four months ago, I finally bought a Ford Gt after reading a lot of comments from other owners that have both cars. Basically all of the owners have raved about the Gt, so I finally figured I would step up with the money and give one a try. All I have to say is WoW, they were right! The Gt is one of the best street cars I have ever driven. Yes, I believe the ACR is a better choice for someone that is focused on track use. If you are looking for a great street machine that is so very easy to drive hard, you made the right choice in the GT. People are right about the GT having limited storage area,. I mean the front trunk is a joke and it has no glovebox or console storage. I keep the registration behind the seat, because there is really no where to put it inside the car. The heat issue has really been for people that have added a pulley and tune and track the car. Mine has a pulley and tune and on the street, I have had no heat issues at all. Besides those 2 issues, I have to say the Gt is tough to beat in any other aspect. I wish I would have made the move when the GT first came out, because they are still priced the same now as they were brand new. I am not bashing the Viper in any way. It is a great car for the money and has awesome looks and power. I just feel the Gt is the next step up in quality and performance. Good luck with your sale on your ACR.

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get a NEW 09 ACR for under100K a 06 GT will run how much more..??? I have seen 06 low-mile GTs ,all four options for 150 -170K....Thats alot of money but it seems like most people who have one agree its worth the extra Ks:dunno:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a FGT alot depends on the color and of course how much the owner needs the money out of it .The above being said i have seen white -blue stripped 2005s(4000-5000 miles) going for low 120s.

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned 3 Vipers and I have loved them all. A while back I was torn between buying a new ACR or buying a Ford GT. Four months ago, I finally bought a Ford Gt after reading a lot of comments from other owners that have both cars. Basically all of the owners have raved about the Gt, so I finally figured I would step up with the money and give one a try. All I have to say is WoW, they were right! The Gt is one of the best street cars I have ever driven. Yes, I believe the ACR is a better choice for someone that is focused on track use. If you are looking for a great street machine that is so very easy to drive hard, you made the right choice in the GT. People are right about the GT having limited storage area,. I mean the front trunk is a joke and it has no glovebox or console storage. I keep the registration behind the seat, because there is really no where to put it inside the car. The heat issue has really been for people that have added a pulley and tune and track the car. Mine has a pulley and tune and on the street, I have had no heat issues at all. Besides those 2 issues, I have to say the Gt is tough to beat in any other aspect. I wish I would have made the move when the GT first came out, because they are still priced the same now as they were brand new. I am not bashing the Viper in any way. It is a great car for the money and has awesome looks and power. I just feel the Gt is the next step up in quality and performance. Good luck with your sale on your ACR.

Excellent info, and it sounds exactly like what I'm expecting it to be. Thanks! :2tu:

I'm actually looking at several "higher mileage" cars that are priced at $130,00-$135,000 or so (most are Red w/ white stripes). I'm buying the car to drive, so the "high" miles don't bother me too much. If and when I decide to sell, if the car still holds its value fairly well, then even better.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is well worth the money. It has an engine that can handle 1000 plus hp with not changing the engine or taking the heads off.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent info, and it sounds exactly like what I'm expecting it to be. Thanks! :2tu:

I'm actually looking at several "higher mileage" cars that are priced at $130,00-$135,000 or so (most are Red w/ white stripes). I'm buying the car to drive, so the "high" miles don't bother me too much. If and when I decide to sell, if the car still holds its value fairly well, then even better.
If you on Ebay or auto trader alot of the same cars have been on there for awhile inturn you may be able to strike a great deal.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a low mileage white with blue stripe about 5 miles from me for under $140k- let me know if you would like me to take it for a test drive for you:drive:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give you an idea of just how bad it is in the ULTRA HIGH end market .Ray Catena (One of the countrys largest MB Dealers is calling all their good customers and offering ENTIRE weekend test drives on new SL 63s.The car is over 140 grand and thet will let their good customers take the car home for weekend and if they dont like it return at no cost .Central Jersey Ferrari is discounting 430 Scutarias in the 50 thousand dollar range .The thought of something like that happening on ANY Ferarri (much less than a special addition model )was unheard of only a few years ago.(At one time they had specially regulated waiting lists for such cars in which NEW customers would pay way over for pretitled cars )

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will give you an idea of just how bad it is in the ULTRA HIGH end market .Ray Catena (One of the countrys largest MB Dealers is calling all their good customers and offering ENTIRE weekend test drives on new SL 63s.The car is over 140 grand and thet will let their good customers take the car home for weekend and if they dont like it return at no cost .Central Jersey Ferrari is discounting 430 Scutarias in the 50 thousand dollar range .The thought of something like that happening on ANY Ferarri (much less than a special addition model )was unheard of only a few years ago.(At one time they had specially regulated waiting lists for such cars in which NEW customers would pay way over for pretitled cars )

Wow, that is surprising. :omg:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe, seeing as you are so connected in the Ford market with Evan and all, and you seem to know all the exotics are in the tank, why don't you hook up Socrates with a killer low ball deal on a FordGT.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Joe, seeing as you are so connected in the Ford market with Evan and all, and you seem to know all the exotics are in the tank, why don't you hook up Socrates with a killer low ball deal on a FordGT.
The mag guys dont have anything to do with private sales of Fords (unless of coarse one of their sponsering dealerships had a car on floorplan).If he really wants one i would be more than happy to have one of my friends (wholesalers ect) look into it to try to get him the best deal possible .Darren Buhler for example (site sponser for the VCA )also owns a Ford dealership.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Definately check Ebay as right now theres a higher mileage (i believe 11000)mile car (all 4 options )that can be had in the teens.

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately check Ebay as right now theres a higher mileage (i believe 11000)mile car (all 4 options )that can be had in the teens.

I've been looking, but I haven't found any that low. Which car is that? The best I've found so far has been a 2005 Red/White w/ 9,000 miles, for 130K.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking, but I haven't found any that low. Which car is that? The best I've found so far has been a 2005 Red/White w/ 9,000 miles, for 130K.
There is one on there now (ad says collectors car signed by John Force ) something like 12000 miles with a buy it now of 125000.Give them a call if its towards the end of the auction they may want to lower the reserve esp if they know a buyer has cash in hand

OP
OP
S

Socrates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one on there now (ad says collectors car signed by John Force ) something like 12000 miles with a buy it now of 125000.Give them a call if its towards the end of the auction they may want to lower the reserve esp if they know a buyer has cash in hand

Yep, I saw that one. Some of the guys on the Ford GT forum were talking about it, and the fact that it might not be the best car to purchase for one reason or another. They are a pretty tight knit group, so they seem to know many of these cars when they are put up for sale. I've got a few leads right now though on a couple of cars, it's just that my Viper is kind of the sticking point (trade value-wise).

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, I saw that one. Some of the guys on the Ford GT forum were talking about it, and the fact that it might not be the best car to purchase for one reason or another. They are a pretty tight knit group, so they seem to know many of these cars when they are put up for sale. I've got a few leads right now though on a couple of cars, it's just that my Viper is kind of the sticking point (trade value-wise).
Definately as anyone who wants or has to move a Ford GT is definately going to play it safe numbers wise on your trade in.
It goes from removing a car from floorplan or liquidating to free up cash to moving one car to take in another .Probably much better off to sell the Viper on your own then go to the FGT PRIVATE sellers with CASH in hand.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang