Used SCs for sale?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is anyone entertaining the idea of getting rid of a Paxton or Roe setup for a Gen. II? If I buy my next car right I should have enough money left over for some fun, and I'd prefer power over bling. PM me if you have anything and what you're looking to get for it. Thanks!

john cornish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1999R/T10 (owed 1998also)

Used Super Charger, PLEASE, be careful before you BUY make sure that you have the SC checked and double check buy someone who is a Professional installer i.e. Dodge TECH, Viper Mech call ROE or Paxton before you buy!

Case in point I brougt a used SC about OCT 08, from whom I knew as a Viper Club Member I paid over 5,000 for it(SUCKER) took it to a great shop Macedo Motorsportsand right of the bat he noticed a problem. At that point I call the previous owner who said of course HE had no problems before me (RIGHT).

At which time we sent SC to PSE for repair and low and behold it cost 1600+ (400 to beautify my cost)to repair, split between myself and the previous owner shipped back to be installed for another 1800+ Tunning, VEC,cards etc. got it back in JAN...DROVE the D@M VIPER W/ SC
for no more than a 400miles before the problems begin belt(s)slipping off, 3x (Changed)or replaced. then finally took it on a road trip to Charlietown, SC from JAX, Fl. round trip before SC died (LOCKED UP)in GA. 380+ miles.

RMartz my VIP TECH of RR dodge( Great GUYs) took it off for me after inspection ship it to PSE who told me that the SC had ingested a paint (doggone) CHIP...and Voided my year warranty...in all the SC cost me well over 10,000 with time and money and minimum enjoyment...
BOTTOM LINE...make sure you know what the h377 your buying and whom you can trust also ask questions about warranty....

Short Lived JAN- APR excitement...Glad i don't live CLOSE to some people...Did I mention NO PROLEMS WITH MY VIP BEFORE the USED SC...

NAVY VET...

if you need more info call me...

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Used Super Charger, PLEASE, be careful before you BUY make sure that you have the SC checked and double check buy someone who is a Professional installer i.e. Dodge TECH, Viper Mech call ROE or Paxton before you buy!

Case in point I brougt a used SC about OCT 08, from whom I knew as a Viper Club Member I paid over 5,000 for it(SUCKER) took it to a great shop Macedo Motorsportsand right of the bat he noticed a problem. At that point I call the previous owner who said of course HE had no problems before me (RIGHT).

At which time we sent SC to PSE for repair and low and behold it cost 1600+ (400 to beautify my cost)to repair, split between myself and the previous owner shipped back to be installed for another 1800+ Tunning, VEC,cards etc. got it back in JAN...DROVE the D@M VIPER W/ SC
for no more than a 400miles before the problems begin belt(s)slipping off, 3x (Changed)or replaced. then finally took it on a road trip to Charlietown, SC from JAX, Fl. round trip before SC died (LOCKED UP)in GA. 380+ miles.

RMartz my VIP TECH of RR dodge( Great GUYs) took it off for me after inspection ship it to PSE who told me that the SC had ingested a paint (doggone) CHIP...and Voided my year warranty...in all the SC cost me well over 10,000 with time and money and minimum enjoyment...
BOTTOM LINE...make sure you know what the h377 your buying and whom you can trust also ask questions about warranty....

Short Lived JAN- APR excitement...Glad i don't live CLOSE to some people...Did I mention NO PROLEMS WITH MY VIP BEFORE the USED SC...

NAVY VET...

PSE screwed you. When you buy used, you take the chance there might be issues. That is on pretty much anything. But since you sent it to get rebuilt, they should have covered it regardless and I don't buy that a paint chip cause any damage. Is that what they told you?! :eek: They are full of ****...................:mad:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You wanna sell me a broke-ass SC? :D

Point taken; make sure it's installed and removed by someone that knows them. Got it. Thanks for the info!

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How the heck would a paint chip get past the air filter and into the blower in the first place? I don't see it happening. Belts coming off is usually an alignment problem with the pulleys (installation error) but could be caused if the blower is not turning smoothly or has internal problems. If the blower was repaired by PSE the first time they should absolutely stand behind it after it was installed. I agree with 99 R/T 10, that's BS if they say they won't. If there was some kind of paint chip in the damn thing I would think it got there during installation (again installation error). Did they send you pics of the paint chip? Does it match anything in the installer's shop?

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 100% confident that this experience is not the norm

used Roe S/Cs are sold over and over with very few/no problems
the KB units are bullet-proof and run forever with little maintenance

BTW, I don't think Roe is building any new kits for gen1/2 now, so used will be your only option anyway

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bought a used paxton and didnt have any problem from the S/C. I had plenty of other problems but not cause of the s/c

I did get the bearings all replaced for kicks though at DLM (cheap too) while it was there.

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've bought used SC's all the time for my other vehicles. Belts popping off is either something is mis-aligned or to long a belt.

I would have no problem buying a uses SC for my viper. I actually plan on it.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one now actually, still on car (hit in rear). Ill let go for 5k or if you want to come take it off yourself the 4500 (maryland). Let me know ASAP as insurance will own this car soon. Its a Paxton with stock pulley, 10k miles on it. Never had any issues and its still on the car so you can spin it for yourself. Also got some JM stage 3 heads with Jesel I might let go but same deal, would have to be removed by you and my stockers put on, can talk about price (new heads were 5k and jesel 1700).

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one now actually, still on car (hit in rear). Ill let go for 5k or if you want to come take it off yourself the 4500 (maryland). Let me know ASAP as insurance will own this car soon. Its a Paxton with stock pulley, 10k miles on it. Never had any issues and its still on the car so you can spin it for yourself. Also got some JM stage 3 heads with Jesel I might let go but same deal, would have to be removed by you and my stockers put on, can talk about price (new heads were 5k and jesel 1700).

Why couldn't you live by me..:(

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you wouldn't be interested in trading for a Roe setup, would you? :smirk:

I'll think about selling my s/c to buy yours but I'll have to get a good price for mine. I wonder what Roes are going for now that you can't buy them new :confused:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NAVY VET...

"At which time we sent SC to PSE for repair"

Why did you not contact Roe or Paxton vs. PSE?

OP
OP
J

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you wouldn't be interested in trading for a Roe setup, would you? :smirk:

I'll think about selling my s/c to buy yours but I'll have to get a good price for mine. I wonder what Roes are going for now that you can't buy them new :confused:

When I talked to the guys at A.R.T. they said that on average they were picking them up and selling them for about $4k. That doesn't include install and tune, though; that runs another $1200 or so.

Most of their blowers are take-offs for customers who are going TT.

darkostoj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I talked to the guys at A.R.T. they said that on average they were picking them up and selling them for about $4k. That doesn't include install and tune, though; that runs another $1200 or so.

Most of their blowers are take-offs for customers who are going TT.
got any contact info?

man i want a s/c so bad, i will paypal someone 4k tonight!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang