Vaccum line question on A/C questions:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While trying to find a draw I must have jiggled a vacuum line because now my A/C works but only on normal setting. When I switch to MAX A/C the vents close on the inside and the A/C is blowing but not in the car. I have no manual so I'm lost. The interior is apart and I think I've traced it to the green vacuum line. That' the only line I can **** on or blow on and it has to vaccum. Does this line go to the pump on the outside passenger side that controls the little door? If i disconnect that line and blow IN that to the car I can keep blowing. If I blow the other way into the pump it creats vacuum.

Is the green tube the vaccum tube for max A/C? Has anyone experienced vacuum leaks like this and where was the problem at?

Gerald

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald:

The shop manual don't even have a vaccum diagram nor list the colors of the vaccum tubing.

Since I bought a spare vaccum lines harness, i can tell you that the green tubing change color to black after going through a firewall grommet and is connected to the vaccum motor underneath/on the side of the AC/heater/fan box on the passenger side.
This motor control the MAX AC.

Luc 00GTS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redphazer