Valve Covers arrived from Arrow Racing

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those debating the location of the ACR-X ports which feeds into the oil separator here is a close look... according to Todd the baffles are modified also. I want to thank Mark at Woodhouse because he arranged an excellent price on these modifications. Todd at Arrow did a quick turn around on my orginals and even threw-in an ACR-X Red oil cap which has the 15/50 weight designation on it...

attachment.php
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny I can see them....how about now???

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
were they painted or coated ? LOTS of overspray there

No as they came from the factory.....I had them return mine....could be the flash/lighting.....

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a shot showing the "inside" where new 90 deg elbo goes in? Is it a pipe thread or a bulkhead type of fitting? Just courious before I do my own. Or, does the oil splash shields block that specific view?

OP
OP
A

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed so no access , the elbo fitting fits above the splash shields and is not visible.....I did not take the shields off to determine if the AN fittings were threaded into the slots, although they appear to be ...Mark J....might know....

Reaction score
The fittings are threaded into the covers and Arrow says that there is work done to the shield/baffle to improve the system although I have not seen actual pictures of this work either.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did mine, I added a thin rubber washer between the valve cover and the AN fitting.
Not only does it protect the finish on the valve covers, but it's main job is to absorb some of the vibration the engine produces, helping prevent the fittings from vibrating loose over time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang