VEC 1 INSTRUCTIONS

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP? I HAVE JUST PURCHASED A VEC 1 AND DISPLAY UNIT WHICH HAS NO FITTING OR ADJUSTMENT INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED , THANKS.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3114Gen1-VEC1-wiring1.jpg

OP
OP
N

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks all , anyone have any comments on where best to fit both items to the car and are there any tuning or fitting tips worth me knowing about before I start the install.

OP
OP
N

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if this wiring diagram is correct for a 99 gts as I can't work it out to match the wiring on my car?
thanks,
Dave.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
The diagram above is for a Gen1 with two PCM's.
Assuming you have only the VEC1 and not the LED display, you need to run the black wire to ground and the red wire to a keyed power wire that stays hot in start (I use a 14 gauge blue wire that's directly under the steering column in a bundle with other wires).
The two remaining wires get run into the engine compartment. Instead of going to the PCM, you can run them toward the MAP sensor on the intake manifold, at the rear corner of the driver side.
Cut the middle MAP sensor wire, which is green with a red stripe. Connect the green wire from the VEC1 to the end closest to the MAP sensor and the purple wire to the remaining end going to the PCM.
Start the engine and make sure you have no check engine light.
Dial the low to +10 and the high to -16. Rev it up and let it come back to idle while adjusting.
Regards,
Sean

OP
OP
N

nismobrown

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sean, I have the LED display as well ,please can you tell me the other way of wiring.
Dave.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see two blue wires... a lighter blue and a darker blue..... under the steering column... which one should I use???

Thank you in advance,
Lance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine