VEC1 HELP !!

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the VEC1 last night. Checked all the wire connections and everything seems fine. Started the car today and there is a check engine light. The engine turns but only starts for 2 seconds and then dies again. I am not sure what is wrong. Please any ideas !! thanx

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Faulty wiring connections can trip the check engine light. Disconnect the battery then check all the wiring connections for good connections. Now reconnect the battery and set the VEC to 0/0 and crank her up. Hopefully everything should return to normal. Now take her for a spin and dial her in. Good Luck.

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got me on that one.

After the car warms up, with the engine idling, does the A/F guage respond to an adjustment of the low control? If it does, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You may want to call Sean to see if there is a particular reason the guage read lean at start up.

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the A/F guage responds when adjusting the VEC1. And it also responds when stepping on the throttle. I am gonna call Sean tomorrow and ask him about the lean condition after warm up
smile.gif
thanx again guys

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strange, The blue light should be solid on startup (Rich). Just for a few moments and then start responding.

I know they say the VEC1 will only vary within the factory tolerances....not on my car. Too much on the rich side and I trip a check engine light.

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is something wierd with the VEC1 I have. I checked all the connection many times and all of them seem fine. But still after I reset the computer I get a check engine light in a while. No luck with the Blue light .. the red light is always on after start up. Not sure whats wrong
dunno.gif

PETSN8K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely give Sean a call tomorrow. I'm sure he'll be able to help you solve the problem.

Let us know how it works out.

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah definitely I am gonna give Sean a call. He's been great so far. Always there to answer questions, and all the products I get from him are top quality. Maybe I made a mistake with one of the connections we'll see what happens tomorrow
smile.gif

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked all the connections and they all seem fine. I am gonna go check again now. I am thinking that it might be from the male and female terminal connections. But a faulty connection at that location would cause the engine to die ? thanx

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked and yup it was from the male terminal connection on the pcm plug. Well she fired up, and everything seems good except that the VEC1 reads lean the last light on the left. And in the manual it says it should read rich until it warms up??