VEC2 dyno results on n/a '99

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VEC2 dyno results on n/a \'99

The modifications to the drive train on my car are:

K&N's, smooth tubes, T&D rocker arms, Bellanger headers, Hi-flow cats, Corsa cat back. Both dyno sessions were on 93 octane and stock spark plugs. Same dynometer used and temperature/humidity were consistent.

The object of this VEC2 install was to gain hp/torque in the low to mid range for track use.

I took the car to TWS and ran the 2.9 mile course yesterday. The extra power was very noticeable on the low end. I had an aluminum flywheel installed since my last track day, and the car had no problem in getting up to speed quickly with the VEC2 and the flywheel. It seemed like a different car. I am very pleased with the VEC2 and recommend it to other Viper owners.

Sean has suggested that we put race gas in the tank and colder plugs to see what a greater spark advance would do to the numbers. I will report back after the next dyno trip with those numbers.

I forgot to get a dyno graph of the pre and post dyno sessions laid on top of each other. I will contact the dyno shop and see if they will mail me that graph and then ask the moderator to help me post it.

A big thanks to Sean Roe and Keith Verges for their help with this modification. Both are great guys.

Pre VEC2 - 472.4 hp 486.3 torque
Post VEC2 - 471.3 hp 514.8 torque

.....................Before/After............Before/After.............Net gain

2500 rpm......150 / 210 hp......325 / 440 torque......60 hp / 115 torque
3000 rpm......205 / 250 hp......370 / 440 torque......45 hp / 70 torque
3500 rpm......290 / 320 hp......430 / 480 torque......30 hp / 50 torque
4000 rpm......350 / 385 hp......460 / 505 torque......35 hp / 45 torque
4500 rpm......410 / 438 hp......477 / 510 torque......28 hp / 33 torque
5000 rpm......460 / 460 hp......486 / 486 torque......0 hp / 0 torque
5500 rpm......460 / 465 hp......445 / 445 torque......5 hp / 0 torque

(sorry about the periods, but the board wouldn't let me use spaces for alignment)

:2tu:

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VEC2 dyno results on n/a \'99

excellent low-mid gains. so, does this mean the VEC2 is finally available for us NA vipers or is this a test mule?

OP
OP
N

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

V10MOJO: It is my understanding that anyone can purchase the VEC2, call Sean to make certain. I bought this unit second hand from a friend of mine. I am unaware if you aren't able to buy the VEC2 direct from Sean - don't know.

Casey:

There was a noticeable gain on the low to mid range. The car pulled very hard out of the corners all day. I also added revalved Archer Koni shocksand stiffer/lowered springs in addition to adjustable sway bar links. Topping it off was a track alignment and corner balancing. The car was handling incredible yesterday. It was a totally different car. It will be fun to get some race gas and colder plugs to see what that does to the power.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like you are having a blast with your new improved GTS! :usa:
Now I am feeling a little pain in my stomach due to the fact that I can't drive my GTS for another 3 months or so! :(

V

vegasviper

What card did you use??????

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ive been on the list (I think) for a N/A car since october.....patiently waiting...

old96er

Enthusiast
Reaction score

115 lbs @ 2500 is very impressive, was the same flywheel used for both dyno sessions?

OP
OP
N

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only difference to the car between the two dyno runs was the VEC2.

Sean set the parameters for the fuel and spark. I didn't use any of the sample cards. Sean has an incredible ability to look at a dyno graph and come up with the settings needed based on his experience and knowledge of the Viper engine.

Bugeater, I hope you get the VEC2 soon. It really helped my car.

I can't express how pleased I am with how the car ran yesterday. The suspension modifications made the car seem as if I was on rails and the engine modifications made the car feel like a rocket. Can't wait for Viper Days.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hi NDW,

Glad to have helped getting your engine tuned in. Your's is the first naturally aspirated Viper outside of our shop to run the VEC2.

It will be able to make more power on the top end with the colder plugs and race gas (allowing us to add more spark advance). It just happen to need a lot of help on the low to mid end (typical Dodge, too lean on the bottom), but was pretty close to ideal spark advance at 5,500 RPM and up.

The VEC2 should be available to everyone, including the tuning shops, by the end of this week or so. The guys from Sweden left this past Thursday (they write the computer code for the software). Logging with graphing is the final feature left to be finished, but we'll probably release it before that and just provide a software update when ready.

Regards,
Sean

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean, have you reached a firm price for the VEC2?