Vendors &customer service

kevin96rt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just a little advice to some Vendors on here.
Customer service is key.I know one vendor that lost over $1,000.00(misc parts) in sales to me because they took 2 weeks to respond to an email.I only asked one question in the email.
The second vendor I contacted responded within 24hrs.So I ordered from them.
I won't name the vendor as I am not doing this to bash anyone.Just letting the Vendors know you will lose business when your customer service *****.

Reaction score
Customer service is key.I know one vendor that lost over $1,000.00(misc parts) in sales to me because they took 2 weeks to respond to an email.I only asked one question in the email.
I won't name the vendor as I am not doing this to bash anyone.Just letting the Vendors know you will lose business when your customer service *****.

Evidently you did not try me :D as I would have more than likely responded to you in "real time"! hahaha...yes I would have...:lmao:sad isn't it?

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. Gotta answer the phone and/or return calls in a timely fashion. I'll walk just like you did. Most of the products for the Viper are not exclusive or available exclusively. We the purchaser have choices as to where we spend our mod & maintenance bucks.

X-Metal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Evidently you did not try me :D as I would have more than likely responded to you in "real time"! hahaha...yes I would have...:lmao:sad isn't it?
mark i want to buy another set of engine mounts from you when you can email me a bill please!

lagalaxy13

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that is becoming a universal standard. With the internet, now adays the options are endless. You can always go somewhere else. Plus with the forums it only takes one bad experince to keep others away too. If I treated people at my job like some vendors do I'd be in a soup line somewhere.

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me I know for a fact that fast customer service, whether good or bad, is the key these days. In today's market you need to be on your toes every second to insure that whatever business is out there comes to you and stays to you.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you notice my hours are 8AM-8PM 6 days a week:omg:
that's if I can hear it :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Big Brake Dave:drive:

6 days? Slacker, it use'd to be 7! I specifically remember you calling me on a Sunday and helping me try and get through some other vendor's SS Brake Line installation. :D I still have the write up to do...as well as that vented cowl from like 2 years back! :lmao::lmao::lmao: But seriously, I think Dave is the poster boy of excellent customer service! :2tu:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I been trying to buy some misc. parts(1,000.00 worth) from a vendor also. And just about to give up on "him". I posted under his vendor page about my problem and "he" contacted me and said he would call and get my order going right away: that was a week ago:(. Doesn't anyone want my money:confused::dunno:

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went into a place ready to plunk down cash for what I wanted. Asked about the parts when I went in the lobby, salesman said "Oh, you want to talk to <name>" he brings me back to him. He's on the phone, pauses to ask what I need, then says have a seat he'll be right with me. I sat there playing Tetris on my cell phone for 30 minutes before I decided to walk.

Guess buisness is good if someone would rather BS on the phone with their buddy then make a sale. Lost customer for life... Yeah, I'm that anal :p

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Kevin + A .....you did not mention a name, but I fear this may have been ME. I have to own up:

I show a one-line email question from you at 1039pm 12/18, that I replied to on 12/19 first thing we came in. We normally answer within a few hours, and often a few MINUTES. We also KNOW you K / A as a past 5-time customer. Thanks, and a fast reply would have been SOP. But the best laid plans..........

Maybe you saw the NW Blizzard-Flood news? "a 70-year storm" breaking all modern records. We had 48" of snow, and deeper drifts, and several bouts of sleet from 12/23 til Jan 5...... We lost Power, phone lines, ISDN, satellite and more. We also lost a building...
Then, it all MELTED with +8" rain, high winds, and flooded everything. (Kevin, I sent you 2 photos for your CA-climate amusement.)

We were on generator power several times. [ALLSTATE calls this a disaster area, and has YET to get an adjuster here.] We had NO US Mail on 5 mail days, and NO UPS or Fedex the same 5. Thankfully, we could re-route a single fax line to a phone that stayed UP most of the time. So we had Voicemail and limited telephones but intermittent ISDN for emails. My trusty right-hand Doris and her Ram 4WD also could not get here safely.

During that time (post holiday, pre-new years, mid-blizzard) our service was bad. Maybe as you say it even sucked a bit year-end. (Unless you CALLED us..Voicemail WORKED!) We even Referred some callers away to our colleague-competitors because we could not SHIP ! It took us 5-6 business days to reply do some post-Christmas mails, due the belated Email dump we got in early Jan.

SO............IF IT WAS ME, I apologize......I do see a 4-item mail from you Sat 12/27. We replied to you on Jan 6th, 5 biz days after your mail. UNACCEPTABLE! But Jan 5 was our first full day (16 hours?) of phones and mail. We had over 200 mails. I hope the above is not viewed as an excuse or sob-story, but as a 'valid' if unfortunate reason. You deserve better, but some things are beyond our control or abilities, despite our good intentions. If a vendor *****...perhaps they have a bad day, dead dog, or whatever.

If it was Clear and Sunny, an email can still go astray, to spam, or a fat-finger delete. CALL?!

Thanks for your (multiple) past biz.
....................................Oh..and if it WASN'T Me...... "Never Mind" !

Last edited:

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I needed a small part for my '03 back in '04. I was told by a vendor, via e-mail, that if I was a good customer he would help me out and told me to try a dealer. So I did and will never order anything from him for any of my Vipers. As Kevin said, I am not out to bash any vendor but re-inforcing what he and others have said "customer service is key." My customers get a response within 24 hours.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I needed a small part for my '03 back in '04. I was told by a vendor, via e-mail, that if I was a good customer he would help me out and told me to try a dealer. So I did and will never order anything from him for any of my Vipers. As Kevin said, I am not out to bash any vendor but re-inforcing what he and others have said "customer service is key." My customers get a response within 24 hours.

"Try Your Dealer" is GOOD ADVICE sometimes.
My advice is my service. "Buy Locally" can be good advice.
Example of a similiar scenario from TODAY:

A good customer called, half-way across USA, wanting to diagnose an oil-guage issue. I told him my take on the answer he sought, and also told him to BUY FROM HIS LOCAL DEALER. I quoted him Dodge MSRP for reference ($52.) But since he is a good customer, I would gladly help him out and GIVE him a used one for free, but I dont suggest these items used.

As with your small-part issue on '03 in 04 [Replied by Email; Not warrantee?]: Would it be good service for me to snag his or your small sale, get it coming to me in 2-3 days, then back across USA in 3-4 more days, all to save 22% = $10 on the 'small part' and then charge $10 shipping? Nope!

IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE, The BEST ADVICE WAS FOR HIM (and You?) TO BUY FROM A LOCAL DEALER. Get it in 1-2 days. Same net price. And if he has the DEALER install it, the electrial-part nature of the sale offers extra peace of mind, esp vs a used (free) part.

So, for his best-case needs this time, I told him to 'go away'. I think he was grateful for the assessment of cost-benefit. I hope he was not thin-skinned and just wanting a pal ?! And today was MONDAY, so I try to act more rushed on Mondays.

I also often refer folks to CHUCK T who stocks many small doo-dads as a DEALER that resides on the Chrysler Locator svc, that dont make sense for me to keep in stock.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to rag on Jon or anything but I think it is funny that when somebody says "no names mentioned" Jon replies and assumes it is him! Happens almost everytime. This time, there was a valid excuse so I will take a pass on saying anything else. :spank::D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang