Vert vs coupe

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive wondered why coupes are a premium over verts when it comes to vipers .Other marques i.e. vette,porsche etc the vert is the premium.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive wondered why coupes are a premium over verts when it comes to vipers .Other marques i.e. vette,porsche etc the vert is the premium.

Who says coupes are a premium over the verts? Wanna talk about premium, try to buy one of the 10 or so ACR verts made!!

OP
OP
P

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im under the impression the hardtops are cumbersome and not necessarily safer on the track.Will tracks allow hardtops without roll bars....i.e. VIR?

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Verts came out first. Coupes are very limited quantity in the Gen III. Supply and demand. I'm not sure the same large price discrepancy exists in Gen IV cars.

Not to mention, most people prefer the rear end look of the Coupe to the Vert on the Gen III and IV cars. I personally prefer the appearance of the Coupe, but after weighing my options went 'vert.

F

FrgMstr

Ya, Gen III, more Verts, Gen IV, more Coupes, but not by a huge amount.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since they made fewer coupes for Viper generations prior to Gen IV, coupes are scarcer. For Gen 3 in particular, no coupes were made from 2003-2005, so if you want a Gen 3 coupe, your only choice is a 2006. Because of the relative rarity in Gen 3, coupes sell on average at $8-10k more than a roadster. Since Vipers don't have a fancy motorized convertible top, I would guess the cost to build a coupe Vs. convertible is not that much different, though with many other 'verts out there, the manufacturing cost is significantly increased with an automated folding top.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never really liked the looks of any Vert. They seem to lose the great lines when they transition from a coupe or hardtop when designing a vert. The VIper is a little different in the coupe was desinged after the vert. I still prefer a coupe to any vert.

Bruce

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vert w/ aftermarket hardtop > Any Coupe or GTS on the road.

True that! Though, if I could have, I would have gotten the coupe instead. I think the coupes just look so much better. Eventually, I might have to get an aftermarket hard top.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Best of both worlds here. ******* and a nice rear :D:

You must be registered for see images attach

PS - It is listed in the Classifieds as I am working on a 2009 Project with a Spring Unveiling.

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never really liked the looks of any Vert. They seem to lose the great lines when they transition from a coupe or hardtop when designing a vert. The VIper is a little different in the coupe was desinged after the vert. I still prefer a coupe to any vert.

Bruce

PythonPetes ACR vert is one of the coolest cars I have ever seen, in fact it was his car that got me out of a Gen 2 to a Gen 4. I prefer a coupe but his car is amazing.

bluegrassvet1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is truely a price differential between coupes and verts, then it has got to be directly related to the market. Productions numbers can be a factor, as well as the availablilty at the time of interest in a purchase. I feel that most owners don't have to sell their coveted prize, rather looking to change/upgrade to something a bit different and more powerful.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Niiiiiiice pic ! Having driven both coupes and verts , the convertibles are more "visceral" when behind the wheel , the coupes have nice lines . I like "visceral", just my opinion . :D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a gen4 if the gen5 is too pricey and despite likeing the rear of the coupe more there is just somthing sinister about the verts..

More than likely ill get another vert. I think no matter what I will regret it. Especially here in hawaii

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just get a 'vert with a hard top, best of both worlds and looks the best.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just get a 'vert with a hard top, best of both worlds and looks the best.

I like your hard top but I really like the coupe rear end.

Probably why I tried to buy the first coupe rear conversion. :( That hard top with a coupe rear would be perfect in my opinion.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Niiiiiiice pic ! Having driven both coupes and verts , the convertibles are more "visceral" when behind the wheel , the coupes have nice lines . I like "visceral", just my opinion . :D
Well put. Both are incredible from a visual standpoint. But IMO, there is nothing better than driving these cars with the wind running through your hair. Oops...sorry DP Viper, I guess that might explain why you went from vert to coupe.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like your hard top but I really like the coupe rear end.

Probably why I tried to buy the first coupe rear conversion. :( That hard top with a coupe rear would be perfect in my opinion.

Perfect combination I agree.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce
Agree. I cant think of any car in which I rather the vert to its coupe version.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since they made fewer coupes for Viper generations prior to Gen IV, coupes are scarcer. For Gen 3 in particular, no coupes were made from 2003-2005, so if you want a Gen 3 coupe, your only choice is a 2006. Because of the relative rarity in Gen 3, coupes sell on average at $8-10k more than a roadster. Since Vipers don't have a fancy motorized convertible top, I would guess the cost to build a coupe Vs. convertible is not that much different, though with many other 'verts out there, the manufacturing cost is significantly increased with an automated folding top.

the 8-10K diff is only for gen 3s. Gen 4s they made 2x more coupes than verts and the price is slightly higher for the verts since there is less supply. Not counting the ACR in this discussion of course....

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion so here is mine, I wouldn't buy a coupe no matter what! Thank you Dodge for giving us the choice to choose unlike the ZR1-ZO6. Enjoy what you like.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala