Veteran's Day 2006

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Veteran\'s Day 2006

I second that. To the guys that give up everything to make our world a better place, my hat is off to you.

And to GeorgeW and his WMD, you can kiss my @ss. I use to be apolitical, partyless, nondifferential, vestigial, etc., but after GeorgeW, I'll be a Democrat long after I'm dead.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And to GeorgeW and his WMD, you can kiss my @ss. I use to be apolitical, partyless, nondifferential, vestigial, etc., but after GeorgeW, I'll be a Democrat long after I'm dead.

What about Clinton and his flaccid response to a decade of terrorism?

USAF 1978-1982

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Clinton (Mr. Hillary) was worthless. Probably worse than worthless. But if Clinton was a -10. Bush is a -1000. Clinton was just stupid, didn't understand the impact of getting Bin Laden. But Bush cost us 3000+ lives and $300 Billion dollars and these numbers are going daily and terrorism is worse today than ever. And what was that song that the Carpenters sang? "Its only just begun..." In regards to fiscal spending and fighting terrorism, Bush is unquestionably the worse President we have ever had. Bar none. I'm a Democrat for the next 800 years regardless of who runs. Jesus could run as a Republican for President in 2008 and I'll always be a Democrat. And I never was political until Bush/Rumsfield messed in areas that were none of their business. Amen. Hit me with your best shot.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm a Democrat for the next 800 years regardless of who runs.

That's an open mind. But in 800 years the Democratic party most likely will not be the same party it is today. In fact, in light of the recent election and their positioning of centrists candidates in key states the Dems of today may not be the ultra-libs they've been for the past nearly two decades. If that's what they meant when they claimed to be a "party of change" then it's one change I welcome.

Now, if they could just learn how to correctly aim a missle to actually hit a worthwhile target instead of Afghan pup tents and Chinese embassies...

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What about Clinton and his flaccid response to a decade of terrorism?

USAF 1978-1982

I guess if a lie gets stated enough times it becomes the truth to some people.

I remember this issue like it was yesterday. After Clinton ordered the launch of over 70 cruise missiles into suspected terrorist camps in Afghanistan and Sudan (one of which contained Osama Bin Laden,) the Republican led Congress claimed that it was all done to deflect attention from the Monica Lewinski scandal. Who is this Bin Laden, they cried. They were so hell bent on impeaching the President that they dropped the ball on terrorism. Combined with the intelligence failures of the Dubya administration (especially Dubya himself,) the 9/11 catastrophe was allowed to occur. Over 3000 lives lost over a [*****]! Now we are stuck in a quagmire called Iraq with no exit strategy while we are rapidly approaching another 3000 lives lost.

DrDJ

USN 1988-present

http://partners.nytimes.com/library/world/africa/082198attack-us.html

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After Clinton ordered the launch of over 70 cruise missiles into suspected terrorist camps in Afghanistan and Sudan (one of which contained Osama Bin Laden,) the Republican led Congress claimed that it was all done to deflect attention from the Monica Lewinski scandal.

Maybe if Clinton would have hit something instead of an empty desert the Republicans might have sung a different tune. After all, the repubs are war-mongers y'know.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very proudly served as well.
U.S Navy-Air Traffic Controller
1985-1990
My Nephew is currently in Iraq. May God look over him and keep him well along with all of the other troops stationed around the globe. :usa: :usa:

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am also proud to be CURRENTLY serving.

USAF 1972-PRESENT.

SE ASIA x1
SW ASIA x 3 (and still counting)

My only comment to the above posted jibberish is: Nothing good is ever easy.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Veteran\'s Day 2006 *DELETED*

Proud to have served. US Army Aviation 1991-1997.

To put things in historical perspective, more men died in the first day of battle on Iwo Jima than have died in Iraq in the years we've been there. More men died on Iwo Jima in the first week of battle than died in 9/11 and Iraq combined.

Iwo Jima is an 8 square-mile chunk of lava rock that was considered strategically critical to the larger picture of the war, even though it was nothing more than a chunk of volcanic rock you could land planes on.

Iraq has its' own significance, which is why we can't just walk away from it.

Doing the right thing is rarely popular.

And yes, this should probably be in the Grill.

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Veteran\'s Day 2006 *DELETED*

1990-still serving

Bagram, Afghanistan x1
Muscat, Oman x1
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia x2
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba x1
Kunsan, Korea x1 year
Little Rock, AR 15 years
Nellis AFB, NV 1 year

Father retired Army/Air Force; after 36 years
Father's father retired MSgt, Army/Army Air Corp/Air Force, WWII vet, passed 9 months ago on my birthday
Father's mother was the youngest of 12; all 7 brothers served, and all sisters married military
Mother's father served in the Navy during WWII;
Mother's uncle retired a 3 star general; his 2 son's are serving in Iraq
Mother's grandfather served, WWI vet.

I've been to more military funerals than I've had birthdays, and still get teary-eyed when I hear 'Taps.' :usa:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960