Vette owners are not a friendly bunch...

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
.. and that's sad, because I am a 3 time vette owner and enthusiast and I still own a 70 stingray. I just love cars, all of em.
Just seems like every time I take my viper out for a drive, I manage to run into a corvette owner who doesn't want to say hi or be nice, or just gets hostile.. ***?
Happens all the time, Even when I pull next to a Vette at a stop light, they are suddenly so threatened, they don't say hi, or make eye contact, but need to prove their car is bad ass.. ?

Just last week I was taking a leisurely Saturday drive in my GTS, enjoying the sound and rumble of the car, when I look into the rear view and see a metallic blue corvette C5 stalking me, I mean really stalking me.. tailgating me to within a foot maybe at times.. just very rude.. He does this for 3 stop lights all the time revving his engine. Now I like corvettes and wouldn't mind waving at him, but he was too busy snapping pictures of my car with his iphone.. :rolaugh:

Then get this, As I am turning off to the gas station to fill up he pulls along side me and gives me a hostile teenager stare (he looked to be about 20-25). Then he hits the gas and tears away with a loud screech.. Seriously? What's he trying to prove? that he killed a viper turning off at 5mph into a gas station?
:lmao:

OP
OP
E

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Funny, now that I think about it, he might probably be posting up on some vette forum somewhere that he smoked a Viper.. and probably has pics of the rear of my car.. :)

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone spot me a link to the reference....I musta missed a thread or sump'n!

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you. I also have a Vette, an EFI 383 stroker 77 that I enjoy driving too. If I'm in my GTS, I still wave at other nice cars but never get waves back from Vette drivers?

am.mscl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wife and I have been part of the Corvette Family for years and we still have a 2011.
We got the Viper about a year ago and a few friends were "A Viper? Why a Viper?"
All of them love the look of the Viper and ask questions about it.
They are still great friends and don't care what car we show up in.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Got my first Viper in February 1994 ... noticed the vette envy immediately ... and it was serious stuff.

Never saw it get better through the rest of the 90s.

Last few years, things seem to have loosened up a bit, but not whole lot.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
iv had prolly 15 corvettes, lol- vipers are just a differant cocktail

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I became hooked with the Viper Club in Vegas. It was a great bunch of guys, and I couldn't wait until the next event. Then I got stationed in Abilnene and there's only 1 other Viper in town, but he rarely drives it. I was at a parts store and when I went back out to the parking lot there was a guy in an older vette that invited me to come with the other vette guys on Saturdays. That's been over 2 years ago, and I still go when I can. They're really nice people, and I've never heard a negitive comment about the Viper. Last Saturday the guy across the table from me at dinner said that the vette was bland until the Viper came along, and they really owe a lot to the Viper for pushing Chevy to make a better car. I loved hanging out with the guys in Vegas, and nothing will ever replace that, but it is nice to hang out with other car people because we all share a passion for the same thing.

OP
OP
E

E_tar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could also replace "vette" with "harley" and you would have the same mentality.

Actually a few Harley riders have nodded to me when passing. It's just the Vette owners that seem to have a bone to pick. Notice I said owners, not enthusiasts.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You know, I'm like you, I've owned a couple Corvettes, Porsches, Grand National, Cobra (Mustang not AC :( ) a few 70's muscle cars, I just love them all!!! The Viper was always my "White Whale" though, and now that I have it, it is mine forever :2tu:

Anyway to get to the Corvette thing, I usually feel like they snub me, I always wave, or at least try to smile to see if they will nod or anything and every time I usually get ignored completely.

But the other day this older guy in a blacked out Z06 pulls up to me at a light (very slick looking car btw). I didn't even know he was there really b/c I was doing something and my wife bumped me and said "hey he is talking to you" (I couldn't hear very well b/c of my exhuast), but I he said "Very nice car" with a big smile and I said the same back to him, so I think it is just the person not the car, but there sure are a LOT of ***** out there.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not vettes. It's the insecure ones or the elitist ones.

I rolled up on a nice 03-04 Cobra yesterday. Rather than trying to act tough, I tend to give other nice cars a thumbs up. I roll up next to him on the highway to do that, but he is starting straight ahead. Won't even look. So much for my friendly gesture.

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
corvettes are a dime a dozen. I'd bet theres a good portion who dont even comprehend what have. there's good eggs and bad, just like any make/model enthusiest..

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've experienced both 50/50.
I've been given thumbs up and I've also been ignored.
Everybody's different... I guess that's what makes the world go round.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like it's mostly the people in newer Vettes that either snub or just ignore. Even when I'm in my hot rod 77 Vette, I wave at other Vettes and almost always the guys in the older ones wave back. I think the ones that don't are not "car" guys, they're just Vette drivers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala