VGX Coupe version?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading my Chicago Tribune this weekend and they had an article on the end of the Prowler run. I was shocked to read some of the quotes in the story. BTW, you can get the story in the Transportation section from December 23rd.

Here are the quotes that surprised me:

"Viper was supposed to have a limited five-year run, too, but demand for the car proved us wrong. We sell about 5,000 a year and have a new one coming in the second half of next year as a 2003 model that initially will come out as a roadster," Zverina Said.

5,000 a year- Wrong.

Initially a roadster- Wow!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the "Media" section of this site, and viewed the magnificent "Dodge Autorized" picture of the Street Coupe. It looks so fantastic, I find it hard to believe that it will not be produced shortly after release of convertable. (Especially if they expect to produce 5000 per year)
bounce.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he/she meant that the production capacity for CAAP is 5,000 units per year?

Some years, they made close to 2,000 Vipers. I wonder how many Prowlers they made? Seems like 5,000 units per year is a reasonable production capacity for an operation like CAAP.

As for the other statement - "initially a roadster"... well, if the person can't get their facts right about how many Vipers they make, then I wouldn't lay much confidence in their knowledge of the Viper's future.

Hope I'm wrong though... I really REALLY want a 200? GTS to go with my 2003 SRT/10!

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems the numbers I have heard about capacity at CAAP is between 8 and 14 cars a day. With the normal manufacturing days per year of about 220, that is between 1760 and 3080 cars per year.
I also remember something about a EPA limit of 2000 cars per year for a Maximum of 10 years.....
Go figure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456