Video (long) Comp Coupe on F1 circuit Spa Francorchamp

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
havent watched all of it yet, not to struck on the matt grey paint finish, hey but its great to see a Euro team with a CC :2tu: never seen so many competitors in one race ! :eek:

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to struck on the matt grey paint finish
Hey Neil, that's what they look like straight from Rousch Racing (where the CC is built) Looking at the wheels, rotors, and front down force it has all the World Challenge upgrades. Great sounding car I need to trade my GT-1 car in pronto!

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya gotta love the viper's torque coming out of the corners...makes the Porsches look feeble.

Nice vid.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would love to see it but it keeps cutting off my download around 54megs of the download...msg says "server was reset"....anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: got it finally.... :2tu: I needed a racing Viper fix.....Seeing this vid made me realize how much I miss team Oreca and Vipers at Le Mans....Dont know if, with the intro of the new coupe, it makes the CC elligeble for Le Mans without the need for back door deals a la BMW/GM etc.....

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I thought it was great!

But it seemed he was missing the apexes in some turns, even with no traffic. And waiting too long to get on the gas after turn in.

heh heh, Vic the track expert here.....:)

What do you think, Jonathan?

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vic,

I thought he was taking it a bit easy on the car. however the only track experience I have is with Gran Turismo 3 "THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR", and no one has been able to come close to me in that.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Mmm, ok.

Playstation or Xbox?

OP
OP
Heysie

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
@ Vic, I have driven on that same track with my "old street able" RT/10 (with kumho's) and I was also wondering the same thing about him being easy on the gas after the turn in.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the beginning he was babying the car...You can see towards the end when he really gets on it and blows by the Porsche....He wasnt going full throttle in the beginning against the slower cars. Listen to the revs...The revs climbs faster in the latter part of the vid denoting him flooring the go pedal imho...

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I guess I shouldn't be so critical, there's no gaurantee I could do any better, and it was their first race. I'd say he did damm well.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great stuff! He didn't begin to get into a good rhythm until around lap 9 or 10. He was using the whole rev range of torque and not shifting very much. A long track and a long race. :2tu:

Anyone else notice that friggin yellow piece of dung that always seemed to be in the way? :p

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wkd vid especially around the 15:30 mark - porshe et al! (keep them comin! ;)