Video of the new Z

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found this vid on the CF, thought some would like to see the competition in action. I don't think it looks as nice as our gen II's. web page

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
26 views with no response, I think this post was not such a good idea. I just posted it for interest sake, not to **** another car. I think my GTS is one of the nicest cars available in the world, bar none. I am a car guy though and I am still interested and enjoy other new cars, sorry if this is the wrong section.

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
26 views with no response, I think this post was not such a good idea. I just posted it for interest sake, not to **** another car. I think my GTS is one of the nicest cars available in the world, bar none. I am a car guy though and I am still interested and enjoy other new cars, sorry if this is the wrong section.

totally agree. it's definitly impressive. would still rather have any Viper :headbang:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That car is the real deal. Sounds good too. I can see Viper guys buying this car...It embodies what the GTS was about...Unappologetic, in your face performance.. Make no mistake. If DC doesnt step up to the plate with less weight, better handling, braking and more power its RIP Viper. What would be the reason to buy one? Looks? Exclusivity? Not after what I saw at the Autoshow...DC needs to put the swagger back in Sneaky Petes slither. ...If DC does nothing it will be like seeing your favorite boxer getting knocked out in the 3rd round...3rd gen may be the last...

ViperLB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I plan to pick one up as soon as they can be had for MSRP. I'm not going pay a big markup to a gouging dealer, so I'll wait a few months. I can't believe DC is letting a V8 out muscle its V10, at about $10,000 cheaper, but with more amenities (navigation, heads up display, better gas mileage, etc).

Mastiff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 2001 Z06. I would have taken it over my Viper if I had to get around say mid-ohio in the fastest way possible. I can only imagine this new Z will wipe out most anything on a road course. Having said that, I'd still take my Viper over any of them any day of the week. :2tu:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like vettes but GM's "claimed or projected" specs are usually adventageous to say the least. There are so many vettes around where I live that you see people drive them around in the winter. Dime-a-dozen, so to say.

OP
OP
I

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you were not considering buying a new viper, let's say it's because you didn't like the look of the car for some reason.....it may not be such a bad thing that they stop viper production. The value of our cars should only go up, and for those who would find it sad can find comfort in the fact that the viper would likely be re-born at a later date.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Competetion is a good thing - and hopefully it will drive Dodge to up the ante with the new Coupe. I still am underimpressed by the looks - but it does appear to be a nice vehicle. If you like a corvette - you will probably like the new Z06 - but in my opinion it is no Viper and does not match the looks of any Viper. It will be interesting to see what the real performance is vs. the "GM SAYS" performance.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Z06 that I track, and will keep, and just bought my first viper.

With that said, I definitely LOOKED at the C6 Z06, loved the perf upgrades but not crazy about the body style.

I am NOT going to pay MSRP+$12K for one, so I went shopping around for something else, and I am VERY excited about the new viper!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YAWN! YAWN! I am shaking. I cant wait to meet up with one. Sure it is an impressive car, I give it that but to bad GM will mass produce this car and you will see one at every corner. Kind of like you do now. Bring em' on, am looking forward to it. :D

syclone1157

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in my hometown not only do you see new corvettes all over the place but half of them are driven by high school GIRLS.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's going to be an aweome performance car. But like we all know, it just looks like the other 1,000,000 on the road. Boring!

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's going to be an aweome performance car. But like we all know, it just looks like the other 1,000,000 on the road. Boring!

Not exactly Boring, but 100% true... who wants what everyone else has? Has anyone ever read the production #s on corvettes per year? Almost every year, 30K plus... not exactly a rare car

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see there are a lot of people in denial here. This car looks like it is going to give the Viper a serious competitor at a much lower price (so we hear).

They even beat the HP number for the Viper. How sad.

Is DC listening? Will they do anything?

Oh, wait, I hear they will introduce a new limited edition 'off white mamba' package to combat the Z06. LMAO.

:eek: :eek: :shocked: :shocked:

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
14 years to FINALLY have something to go head-to-head with the Viper, not too bad. Park a hyped-up shiney new ZO6 Vette next to any Viper and see which one draws a bigger crowd. I think it's great that GM has stepped up and made the Vette better, but it's still a mass produced, dime-a-dozen car. The Viper has a presence that the Vette will always lack, no matter how fast.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
goog looking car and great performance, but still wouldn't pay 75K for it. I am sure many will though.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will be very interesting to park a new Z06 next to an SRT.

I bet the 'wow' factor will be about the same.

Perhaps the new coupe will have a little better presence, but if the Z06 can kick its butt for some $30k less, then looks alone doesn't carry the day, imho.

DC needs to step it up. Don't let them off the hook.

:shocked: :p :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte