Video of Viper vs Z06 and Supra

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know what modds the Z06 had, he claimed nothing but exaust and intake :rolleyes: I did get one clean run on way back home from 1st gear and just destroyed him :D As far as the supra it was just bpu so the outcome was expected :cool:

Viper vs Z06

Viper vs Supra

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you have aim (aol instant messenger) you can send them to me and I will host them for you. My aim screename is didir00 :)

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good video, that was a country *** whooping by that vette :) .

So was that a ticket in your hand? If so I bet that wasn't cheap!

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow there Timmy slow down, The Vette never beat me, I caught him in 4th on the first run and started to pull a little, and got off it due to traffic. The second run the cop cut me, so I gott off the gas cause I didnt know if he would do something stupid. We did run from 1st gear on way back and I didnt have a passenger ;) and it wasnt even close :D

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I was your passanger, I would have filmed getting the ticket :)

99BLKRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir,
What mods do you have? I would like to tear up some Vette and Supra but myself and would like to know what it takes.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The percentage of Viper owners who think street racing is either funny or cool is fairly low.
Post away but you aren't impressing as many people as you think.

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir- Where can I get some editing software like you have? Whats it called? Great video?

Shelby3- You should keep your opinions to yourself, you dont speak for the board. Its not about impressing people, its about having fun. Some people skydive others drive fast, choose your own adventure. This is not a flame post but your comments arent going to effect anyones judgement the next time a fast car pulls up next to someone.

If you think theres no draw for street racing, check the box office totals for the Fast and The Furious, and the sequel. I think someone likes it besides me...

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ZO6 held its own pretty good. I have to say I was a little shocked. Rolling starts tend to "even" cars out a bit. From a standing start, the clips would have looked a lot different.

Thanks for sharing.

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Race..gotta look out for them Z06's, they arent as slow as some of you may think..:)

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike, You know I have to make a comment about those races! ;) The first Supra pull you were dead even through 2 gears. Then he let of the accelerator so he would not rear end the yellow Vette that was going 60. Didn't you see him tuck in behind you and you pass the Vette like it was standing still? The second race you started to pull slightly then he let off the throttle. If you watch the video he had to merge into your lane or he would run into the curb. Now I hope you do not really think he was in it on the 1st gear roll... Come on now, your car may be faster than his but not by 8-9 car lengths. In a fare pull I would guess you would not even gain 1 full car length to 130.

Now the Vette races show what happens when one-person gets the jump. He got the jump in both races and it took you almost 2 gears to get it back. When cars are close the jump means a lot. What MPH did you run in the ¼? I think that Vette ran 114 bone stock. If you only have 2 more MPH than him you will not pull him like he is in reverse. You pulled him like you have ~50 more crank horse. It looked about right to me, especially since he got the jump.

I like to see good video's and I thank you for posting them! This type of stuff is fun to banter about. I just want to keep it a bit real. Kills where people have to slow for traffic or not hitting a curb aren’t really “kills”. Good video but I don’t think you toasted them. But that is just me. :)

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks to me like the Z06 won both races.

BlueGTS, you are absoloulty right. When two cars are close in performance like the Z and the Viper, the jump plays a huge role. my buddy with the Z raced a stock Vet, and when the vet got the jump on him from a 70 punch, he couldnt catch up until about 120. When they went from a dead even start, it was a totally different story.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir- Where can I get some editing software like you have? Whats it called? Great video?

Shelby3- You should keep your opinions to yourself, you dont speak for the board. Its not about impressing people, its about having fun. Some people skydive others drive fast, choose your own adventure. This is not a flame post but your comments arent going to effect anyones judgement the next time a fast car pulls up next to someone.

If you think theres no draw for street racing, check the box office totals for the Fast and The Furious, and the sequel. I think someone likes it besides me...

You tell me to keep my opinions to myself and then you offer your own opinion. Your analogy about skydiving doesn't hold water. Street racing endangers innocent drivers who aren't the least bit interested in your idea of fun or adventure as you call it. Driving drunk is fun too and also endangers others, do you support that? You also think because people see crap in a movie it's ok to act it out in real life, boy that makes sense. Also if you think people who post street kill videos aren't trying to impress someone, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. And finally, no I don't think anyone is ever going to change your mind.

timz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how smart it would be for someone to post videos of them doing something illegal on a public forum...

I've had a little fun on the street, but it's not the smartest. If you want to run, take it to the track, you can't go full out on the street.

OP
OP
M

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir,
What mods do you have? I would like to tear up some Vette and Supra but myself and would like to know what it takes.
3.55 gears, borlas, kns and tubes, nothing to brag home about :p A stock Viper can take on all stock Supras and Vettes.

The sofware I'm using is Ulead 5.0, it was free with the firewire card I bought. I rather use adobe premier if I can ever get it to download on my computer. I hear good things about that.

Now Aaron, I have disagree with you on the race with the Supra. In the second video he did not run out of road, I cut into his lane to take the turn at full trottle :D Look at it again ;) I dont know what happend that first race cause it was the closed of all. I raced him a couple more times and it was a pounding, just ask him :D Now the Z06 was a great race for me. It did take me 2 gears to catch him and slightly start to pull on him. The second video if you listen closely you will hear that I got off the throttle to pass that cop :mad: You can ask him too what happend when we went from 1st gear :eek: Btw Aaron when am I going to run into you??

Hey Big Carrot here we go again :rolleyes:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moundir,

Charles, It looks like you already have the car it takes to beat a Vette or Supra all you need to add is some seat time and a good set of ballz and it should be no problem. And in the end, if you do lose, no big deal.

99BLKRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for answering my questions! Can't wait to take my car to the track. I used to go all the time in my 300ZX TT. The fastest I was ever able to pull was a 12.9 @ 110.. I would hate to show up in my Viper and run anything slower than that. I still need a way to go to get used to all this torque.

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious.... did the Vette get a ticket too? Awesome video!What did the cop say when he pulled you over. The last ticket I got I was doing 101 in a 50 and the cop said.."Were you going to an emergency situation"....my answer..."Kind of, I'm a little late for dinner and my wife gets cranky when I'm late". :cool:

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know what you zo6 guys are talking about. I completely trash every zo6 I've raced so far at Englishtown by at least 10+ car lengths. There is no comparison period.

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap, I wonder if the Supra owner knew you were racing in the 2nd vid lol (j/k), you destroyed him in 1st gear.....it looked like you put about 20 car lengths on him in less then 10 seconds ;)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Street racing? Of course! Thats why I bought the car!

just kidding!

What Dakota? Saw an old Dodge pickup, but no Dakota?

We just had some recent deaths in the LA area from street racing. Some people out here are mentally ********, and do it in crowded streets. Personally, I am very selective about the road, time, traffic patterns, and RARELY buzz by anyone. If you get frisky, bring it down quickly, because the longer you go fast, the higher the odds are of impact. Some guys tell themselves that they can handle the speed, and its probably true in most cases. What they fail to realize, is that there are many people out on the road who are
1 F'd up physically, can't see straight, can't estimate distance at a standstill, let alone in motion.
2 Unable to anticipate the trajectory of your car, if you are going more than 10 mph faster then them.
3 Unwilling to check their blindspot as they change lanes
4 If they check their blindspot, they assume there is nothing there, but if you are going faster than the pace of traffic, you end up in their path, as they meander into your lane
5 Then theres just the spiteful, jealous people who hate you because you have a nice car, and when you get close, they cut you off, hoping to make you wreck, or at least give you static. And if you are racing, they feel all the more bold in doing so
6 On medication for their new root canal
7 Distracted by kids, phone, GPS, Combo #4, etc
8 Drunk
9 Just got laid off, and madder than a wet hornet, itching for trouble

Does knowing the above keep me from racing? Not entirely, and I won't lie. Its a lot of fun, partly because it is dangerous. Its a rush. But be careful, because its not just you who is the loose cannon, its all the mini-vans, and the mass of emotional, poorly trained, ill-equipped, fragile humanity who go from point to point half blind, spiteful, etc. who may become the wild card in your trajectory calculation, and you can't control them.

John_C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know what you zo6 guys are talking about. I completely trash every zo6 I've raced so far at Englishtown by at least 10+ car lengths. There is no comparison period.

you must not be stock or the Z06 drivers dont know how to drive.

I am saying this because my buddy has raced a handful of vipers in his 350 rwhp Z06. He raced one of the good drivers around here and the Viper driver beat him by 2 cars max up 120.

It is a close race if you ask me, but the viper is a tad quicker.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you must not be stock or the Z06 drivers dont know how to drive.

I am saying this because my buddy has raced a handful of vipers in his 350 rwhp Z06. He raced one of the good drivers around here and the Viper driver beat him by 2 cars max up 120.

It is a close race if you ask me, but the viper is a tad quicker.

I am slightly modded but so were they. I haven't street raced any so perhaps from a roll it might be a bit different but I wouldn't imagine the outcome to be drastically changed