VIEWING AND UPLOADING PICTURES INTO YOUR GALLERIES

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there has been alot of confusion over this subject lately, so i would like to try my best, and hopefully give those who are confused, some direction on how to view your galleries and upload photos into your galleries.

first, you will need to locate your gallery, so go to the VCA HOME PAGE.

in the top menu bar, look for the word MEDIA, and click on that.

located slightly down from the top, in the middle of the page, it will read MEMBERS GALLERIES. ALL members galleries are here for the time being.

To view your photos or upload photos into your gallery, you will need to be logged in.

another menu bar, at the top and to the right, reads:

Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout (or Login)

if it says LOGOUT, you are logged in and are set. however, if it says LOGIN, then you are logged out, and will need to login.
so, click on LOGIN.

here, you will need to enter your USERNAME, and a PASSWORD. hit submit, and you are now logged in.

NOTE: your forum password may not work as your photo gallery password! try using the same, but if it does not work, you may need to request a new password!

if you wish to see YOUR gallery, or wish to UPLOAD photos in your gallery, look for a menu bar near the top, and to the left, that reads:

My Photos · My Favorites

click on MY PHOTOS. you should now see your gallery.

to upload photos into your gallery, look again for the menu bar at the top, and to the right, that reads:

Home · Search · Profile · Upload Photos · Logout

click on UPLOAD PHOTOS.

click on a BROWSE button to help the VCA computer locate the photo ready for upload. repeat if you have multiple photos.

click on the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page to upload the photo(s). NOTE: depending on the size of the photo(s), the upload may take some time. so, please be patient.

THAT IS IT!

if you are still having troubles, shoot me a pm and i can talk you through it over the phone. also remember - YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE multiple VCA forum windows open! THIS HAS HELPED ME ON MANY OCCASIONS!

i hope this helps!
BIG

UK Viper Nigel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm still having problems. I had to ask for a temporary password which I received. It allows me to login and access the forums but it will not allow me to access the media gallery. Also says I've never accessed / uploaded any pictures - although the 12 pictures I have loaded into my gallery are there.

Also it stops you changing your password as it comes up with 'signature too long' error message. Mine appears to be set to zero characters. But since I've not changed it for many months I cannot see why it now fails.

Tried using the 'contact us' buttons a couple of times but no response. I know we live way off on the other side of the world but I'm starting to get Pi**ed.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as far as the signatures are concerned, lee is the only one who can make those changes at this time. send all changes to him.

as far as the gallery is concerned, i dont know what to tell you. there are still some problems and posting them here lets everyone know what they are. we know that there are "squished" avatars, etc. that need corrected. please be patient.

addressing the response time, please be patient there too. i wish i could get my registry and avatar work done right away for you guys, but because of a job, kids, life, etc., my forum work never gets done as fast as i would like, and i am sure the other volunteers are experiencing the same.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still having problems. I had to ask for a temporary password which I received. It allows me to login and access the forums but it will not allow me to access the media gallery. Also says I've never accessed / uploaded any pictures - although the 12 pictures I have loaded into my gallery are there.

i keep thinking about this - so let me take another shot at it.

if it says you have never uploaded any pics and you know you have, it sounds like the VCA computer is seeing you as not logged in and a new user. be sure you are logged into the forum first, then try logging into the galleries with a new VCA computer-driven password.

be sure you are also typing in the correct username and password. the computer is not recognizing something. if the password is correct, the VCA computer may not be recognizing your username for some reason. you may want to ask the system what is is seeing and have it sent to you via email to be sure you are typing in the right one.

if that does not work,

get yourself logged in, and go to the main forums page. look for the menu bar at the top, that reads:

My Home · Main Index · Search · Active Topics

click on "MY HOME".

at the bottom of that page, look for a menu bar that reads:

Maintenance: My Cookies | Mark all read | Address Book / Ignore List

click on "MY COOKIES"

click on "EXPIRE COOKIES".

you may have a bad cookie that needs deleted. try your login procedures again, and hopefully that does the trick.

UK Viper Nigel

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tried all of this including deletion of cookies and it still won't let me into the gallery. Since the password is new I guess the only thing left is that it's using a different username to my normal one - cannot understand why this would be the case. How do I get visibility of the username seen by the gallery login?

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you get the gallery login request, look for the words:

Login Problems?

try clicking on this and deleting these cookies. see if that works.

to see what your gallery username is, email jay or lee and they should be able to tell you.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've PM'ed everyone and nobody has a clue!
I also got a temp password and I can log in to the forums, but I have to do it everytime I get on this site.
And when I go to media gallery, my temp password I use for the forums won't work.
Is there anybody who can fix this or just change my username and password? Because I've even tried doing that on this site and it won't let you.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also got a temp password and I can log in to the forums, but I have to do it everytime I get on this site.

no, you dont.

when you click on the main forums page, look for the menu bar that reads:

My Home · Main Index · Search · Active Topics

simply click on "MAIN INDEX" and you will be in.

And when I go to media gallery, my temp password I use for the forums won't work.

this is probably true. when you get to the gallery page, you will need to request a new password from that page, for the galleries.

re-read the text above on how to do this.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, you're right on the main index.
But I requested a new password in the media section and that password won't let me in either.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I requested a new password in the media section and that password won't let me in either.

be sure to do two things:

1. make sure the username and passwords you are using are correct.

2. if you continue to have problems, follow the instructions above and delete your cookies that may be defective.

if things still dont work after a few attempts, drop jay an email so he knows the problem exists, and he can look into it. thanks for your patience.

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've already did # 2 and I just got a new temp password. How would I know my username is correct or not? Wouldn't it be the same as my username for the forums?

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would I know my username is correct or not? Wouldn't it be the same as my username for the forums?

some people have different usernames for the forums and galleries. i happen to have (2) different usernames for no particular reason. just something i did by accident when i signed up a long time ago.

if you are not sure of your gallery username, drop lee or jay an email and one of them would be able to tell you.

hatda02GTS01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
some people have different usernames for the forums and galleries. i happen to have (2) different usernames for no particular reason. just something i did by accident when i signed up a long time ago.

if you are not sure of your gallery username, drop lee or jay an email and one of them would be able to tell you.

That was my problem. I log into the forums with the ID of hatda02...but everyone sees my user name as hatda02GTS01. I had to login to the picture gallary as hatda02GTS01 to upload..etc. I did not have to email anyone for the info, it showed me this at the "My Home" page. (My Home for XXXXXXXX)

Dave

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess the convenient way of having the galleries under each users avatar is long gone. It totally blows that access to images is more complicated than ever and not as easy as was originally configured. :evilmad: :evilmad:

Isn't there anyway galleries can be accessed the same as they originally were?

Reaction score
I think it will be back.....but not until the FINAL version of software is loaded. The code that made it possible before is code I put in there....when they "upgraded" from the old version to this version (as an interim step to the NEWEST version.....I think to VBulletin), that code went away. Nobody is spending the time to put back code that will just be gone....someday. The actual rollout of the final software is, to my knowledge, still undated. :(

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony for your response. If at all possible I implore you to please attempt to bring this code back that will allow the galley to operate as before. Members that want the gallery system to operate like before should express their concerns. As the image galley I feel is an important medium to all of us for many different reasons: technical, educational, fun, ..etc. I would bet that 75% of the people aren't using their galleries and viewing others as they did in the past when it was as easy as clicking next to an avatar. Is their anyone that likes the new gallery setup? If not then voice your opinion!!

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still having issues ...
I can login from a Windows 2000 server but not from my XP prof workstation .. ?!

It is more than frustrating ...

The new gallery / forum setup is a shame. Instead of having more function they removed some of the most usefull ones !

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can login from a Windows 2000 server but not from my XP prof workstation .. ?!

The new gallery / forum setup is a shame. Instead of having more function they removed some of the most usefull ones !

i have alerted jay, maybe he can help you.

does anyone know? please chime in if you do.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i have alerted jay, maybe he can help you.

does anyone know? please chime in if you do.

I have asked for further information on his browsers: type and revision level from this user. without that information, the system information is only partially relevant.

One thing he needs to check is to make sure the "XP Professional" computer's browser is set to allow cookies.

As for the Forum, this revision is a place holder, it will be going away to be replaced with a much more flexible one.

Scott5ppg

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looked like it was going to work and than I got this error code:

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 70 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/srv/www/vhosts/gallery.viperclub.org/public_html/data/500/thumbs/Viper_008.jpg'

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i too have been unable to download pics into my gallery and also the registry as of a few days ago.

i sent jay an email as soon as i saw that there was a problem, and he knows about it.

thank you for your patience.