VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

"Good evening everyone. Whats for dinner?"

VIPAIR & Beans...

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stop, we're going to run out of ones and zeros if we keep posting.

When was Russ going to do his tests? Even I'm getting tired of this.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stop, we're going to run out of ones and zeros if we keep posting.

When was Russ going to do his tests? Even I'm getting tired of this.

For once I am in total agreement....

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

joe, do you have any test data that supports your theory that we may be running out of ones and zeros?

:confused: :confused: :D :D :p

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So who is going to step up and buy my vipermed airbox and vipair...?
my vipair is faster because it has yellow lettering!!!
see my ad in the classifieds...
I can believe this thread has now hit page ..13
good grief charlie brown.

I do like the airbox vipair setup; again wayback from the earlier pages.. the car never ran
better than with this setup.. sorry no dyno results.
:)

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Aren't you the guy that said my sheep next to viper pics were ***. And then I came back and said "That coming from a guy with A PURPLE GEN 1!!!" Hahaha, thats some funny shi t!!!

Let me tell you one more time they are Serta sheep. I thought we have been over this. Those Serta sheep help me promote my business so like you said I display them proudly all over the place. Besides the sheep give really good **** LOL!! BTW why havent you updated your sig pic? The new PURPLE GEN1 pics look much less *** than the OLD PURPLE GEN1 pics. Hahaha!!!

Come on down to Ga. I'll give you a free night with one of the sheep on the house. LOL. :laugh:

Now back to the mudflinging!!

Ohhh.. you are the sheep guy!.. Seems i touched a nerve on your sheep fetish thing? :cool: I am perfectly aware that I drive a very nice purple GEN I car. Your point being? Of course if i do follow your logic it must mean you consider your old 96 gen II a POS compared to a NEW SRT Gen III! :smirk:
Talking about air intake modifications, I bet when you had that stuffed sheep in your NACA duct of your 7 year old GEN II it added at least 75 HP to the SOTP feel.. must've been due to the "ram" turbulence effect. I'm surprised it isn't listed in the plethra of mods you have at the bottom of the page.. right after the slotted rotors. :D
No need to go into those stories again about how your inflatable sheep bring theraputic (sp) relief to you and your customers, I'll pass on the offer :laugh:
Your serve.. :p

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roadkill,
I never said a gen 1 was a pos. A purple one may look a little "***"(using your words since I havent used the word *** to describe anything besides homosexuals since the 9th grade) ,but it is not a POS... pay attention.

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Roadkill,
I never said a gen 1 was a pos. A purple one may look a little "***"(using your words since I havent used the word *** to describe anything besides homosexuals since the 9th grade) ,but it is not a POS... pay attention.

Gary,
You've gotta get clearer on your internet inflections! Usually when you emphasize something with caps you are trying to bring attention to the something.. ie: GEN I posted a few times in your post normally would imply you have some sort of issue with a GEN I car? On to other points: how my car is related to you having a 12 foot tall inflatable sheep in your driveway.. well i have not figgured that one out yet. :D

P.S. Sorry you and im-out-there don't like purple cars. Good thing I bought it because it is what I liked and not what you and im-out-there preapproved as an acceptable Viper color huh? :crazy:
:usa:

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary,
You've gotta get clearer on your internet inflections! Usually when you emphasize something with caps you are trying to bring attention to the something.. ie: GEN I posted a few times in your post normally would imply you have some sort of issue with a GEN I car?

P.S. Sorry you and im-out-there don't like purple cars. Good thing I bought it because it is what I liked and not what you and im-out-there preapproved as an acceptable Viper color huh? :crazy:
:usa:

[/QUOTE]

Roadkill,
Fiest let me say you started all of this... again. Let me clear things up once more. I was emphasizing PURPLE. I have no problem with gen 1s. They look exactly like the car I laid down hard earned money for. I do have a problem with a purple viper. I usually wouldnt say negative things about someone elses car that they clearly take pride in, but you started it by opening your fat mouth about the pics I posted a while back. I have seen plenty of things on this board that I didnt really like but instead of being a dick and calling the guy out I just move on to the next post.

You should have just moved on if my sheep pics bothered you that much but you ran your mouth so I called you out about the color of your car. So you can bust my balls about some pics I thought were neat but when I razz you a little about your cars color now we find you take offence to that. Sounds like you can dish it but can't take it!! Hahaha.

Take it easy little fella... we all like PURPLE!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The truth is I think that color ruined your car. Some colors look good on certain cars. Your combo just doesn't work for me, but who cares what I think, I don't have to live with that thing everyday(thank god), so I shouldn't say a damn thing about it and usually I wouldnt but you asked for it.

BTW that whole "in-out-there" joke thing you got going on isn't very effective. Put a little more time in on the next whitty concept. :eek:

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gotta respect a guy who just goes with what he likes though.... Props to Roadkill.

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Roadkill,
Fiest let me say you started all of this... again. Let me clear things up once more. I was emphasizing PURPLE. I have no problem with gen 1s. They look exactly like the car I laid down hard earned money for. I do have a problem with a purple viper. I usually wouldnt say negative things about someone elses car that they clearly take pride in, but you started it by opening your fat mouth about the pics I posted a while back. I have seen plenty of things on this board that I didnt really like but instead of being a dick and calling the guy out I just move on to the next post.

You should have just moved on if my sheep pics bothered you that much but you ran your mouth so I called you out about the color of your car. So you can bust my balls about some pics I thought were neat but when I razz you a little about your cars color now we find you take offence to that. Sounds like you can dish it but can't take it!! Hahaha.

Take it easy little fella... we all like PURPLE!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The truth is I think that color ruined your car. Some colors look good on certain cars. Your combo just doesn't work for me, but who cares what I think, I don't have to live with that thing everyday(thank god), so I shouldn't say a damn thing about it and usually I wouldnt but you asked for it.

BTW that whole "in-out-there" joke thing you got going on isn't very effective. Put a little more time in on the next whitty concept. :eek:

I'm sorry if you take offense at me asking if you were the "sheep guy" I didn't realize that when i teased you on that months ago that it took you down to the bone.. Yikes! It's perfectly alright for you not to like my car, or whatever else your preferences might be. It wasn't an impact on my purchasing decision :smirk:
As for my take on IM-out-there (not in-out-there) it is in reference to him being spacey as hell.. ie: I seem to recall him being the guy who had to take his car to the dealership to find out the reason it was not starting was due to having his floormat bunched up under his clutch.. :eek:
Perhaps i put too much time into my "witty" (sp) comment that it went over your head and under your legs :)
It's all in good fun if you haven't figgured that out yet.
[Edit] That comment goes for both the Serta Shepherd and out there..[End Edit]

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So, what's the latest on the Vipairr thing....??
Isn't that what this thread started off being about......
A DECADE AGO) :)
(I love this thread)
Cheers,

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

So, what's the latest on the Vipairr thing....??
Isn't that what this thread started off being about......
A DECADE AGO) :)
(I love this thread)
Cheers,

There is news that a small stuffed sheep placed in the naca duct of your gen II viper will force additional cool air through the VIPAIR system, leading to a sotp 70 rwhp gain. The newest disclaimer is to not mix the stuffed sheep with the fabled "magic beans" as the effects cancel each other out. Keep checking back as updates are ongoing.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's all in good fun if you haven't figgured that out yet.

I've been having fun. :D :D

The newest disclaimer is to not mix the stuffed sheep with the fabled "magic beans" as the effects cancel each other out. Keep checking back as updates are ongoing.

That's much better grasshopper. :D

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

SOTP feel is 100hp with my patented sheep mod. BTW quit trying to market my product and dont bother asking for the patent #!!

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SOTP feel is 100hp with my patented sheep mod. BTW quit trying to market my product and dont bother asking for the patent #!!

Well, I did leave out the part how the Sheep mod was not a refundable item, due to that noone wants someone elses used sheep. :D

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Lets get this back on track, here are some pics and a dyno graph, Roadkill if you had a GENII I would make you a purple one! :laugh:
You must be registered for see images

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

Lets get this back on track, here are some pics and a dyno graph, Roadkill if you had a GENII I would make you a purple one! :laugh:

Works for me and the BLONDE! :smirk:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm going to paint my car purple, It's a mopar muscle-car,,,
It deserves a classic mopar muscle color!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm still not goin' to shove beans or sheep into it though! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I haven't paid much attention to this thread, but does that Viper have a 4.10 gear? I hate to say it, but there is something definitely wrong with that car. I remember dynoing a 99 once that had numbers like that and I reset the PCM, gave the car back to the client and asked him to drive it for a week. He brought the car back, redyno'd and the numbers came back to roughly 400rw from what I recall.

On a side note I recently came across a 2000 GTS that was down on power only to find out DCX forgot to install valve stem seals on one cylinder head. Apologies if this portion of my story hijacked this thread!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good catch. 370 rwhp for a Gen II. Something doesn't add up here. That's less than my Gen I was stock!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you look, way way back, at the start of this, a number of folks noted the poor hp numbers of the test car.

We sort of decided to ignore that because the device under test would cause the same improvement, or not, even if the car was a little off. The dyno could have been a little off too.

Still, it bothered me.
I thought that the car could have some problem that would be helped by the device under test and might not help a properly running car.

All these questions went out the window when Russ started testing on his car.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Got the Gtech meter and am going to try and get some testing done this weekend.

I also have a race this weekend so testing will only occur if everything goes well at the track, meaning that we are not wrenching on the car.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What do we know about the VIPAIR™, the actual evidence positives and negatives.

POSITIVE FACTS

FACT
1 dyno graphs posted one by GTSnake that was done with the old version 1 VIPAIR™ that had half the flow of the Version 2 VIPAIR which we are selling now. GTSnakes dyno shows 10rwhp and 12 rwtq increase.

FACT
1 dyno graph posted by Edmonton GTS with the version 2 VIPAIR™, this dyno showing 16 rwhp and 16 rwtq gain.

FACT.
Money back guarantee

FACT
None returned so far, so CUSTOMER SATISFACTION OF 100%

FACT
Low price per horsepower, if we only assume a 10 horse power gain that is $20.00 per horse power, if the average supercharger package did this then for $10K you would gain 500 horse power.

FACT.
Bernouli effect!! For those propeller heads that want to calculate something… The vipair opens up a panel in the front facia that creates an opening of 102 sq inches, this is then channeled to each side of the airbox and the air exits through a combined opening size of 17.5 sq inches. Thus creating the venturi effect and possibly even cooling the air. Any propeller head that would like to crunch the numbers feel free, I have hired an engineering firm to do so as well, so lets be accurate in our calculations. Please do not post insults her just facts, I will be the first to admit that I am not an engineer, aeronautical or otherwise, and this theory is still yet to be proven, but there is a high probability that it will be.

FACT.
The LeMans winning Vipers won with a similar device to the VIPAIR™ and with the NACA duct blocked off.

FACT
The NACA duct on the front of the viper hood creates a vacuum at speed that actually ***** the air out of the airbox.

FACT
RUSSM tested the VIPAIR™ on the dyno and saw no power loss and no power improvement, but is going to retest without a 90mph fan blowing directly into the NACA duct. THE MANUFACTURER IS CONFIDENT THAT FURTHER TESTING WITHOUT THE FAN WILL RESULT IN ANOTHER PROVEN POWER INCREASE.

FACT
VIPAIR PERFORMANCE sent testing units out at No Charge and supplied a Gtech Pro for further testing.

NEGATIVES FACTS

FACT
GEN1 owners do not like the VIPAIR™ and have been the most negative about it even though their stock airbox is configured just like the VIPAIR™. Maybe a little GEN2 envy here??

FACT
One gen2 owner does not like he VIPAIR™ , but he has yet to buy any mods in 4 years of viper ownership that were not dealer installed and is too busy playing with his beans to pay any attention to any of the above facts. One would have to question his ability to pay for the VIPAIR™ much less be able to install it himself.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What is VIPAIR™ anyway?? Some kind of aftermarket A/C system?

Status
Not open for further replies.