VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

I'm keeping my VIPAIR no matter what vipah and joe say or do. In fact, if I didn't already have one I would get one just to be against you guys. This temperature testing that was done is crap...consider the questions Steve raised about how it was done and add another...how long was the car driven before measuring the air temps...was the engine compartment heat soaked like it would be after driving for awhile? The dyno graphs that Steve did are enough proof for me. Besides I think the principle used on the GTSRs and SRT for air intake speaks for itself. I also like the way the VIPAIR looks feeding into my H M S carbon box...looks bad asp. And last, but not least that beautiful, *****, blonde babe that I met at the gas station that loved my VIPAIR was well worth a measley $200. I and many others have bought and will buy VIPAIRs no matter what you do! Find another mission in life. Steve and Scott, how about some VIPAIR logoed floor mats? :2tu:

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Vipermed Airbox" as done great and continues to sell at many times the price"

I see, this marketing breakthrough is scientific proof of performance gain.

"new airbox design which is what kicked the vipair off.as said before we were getting great benefits from this system"

What test data do you have to prove the value of your airbox?

Look Guys, making an airbox or a deflector that gains hp on a dyno doesn't really cross over to making gains in the real, on the road world.

You haven't shown any proof of any gains on the road. In fact, independent test data shows,
no gain in SOTP feel,
No increase in pressure in the airbox,
No difference in outside air temp vs. intake air temp with a stock intake.
No increase in dyno numbers.

All I see from you guys is an attack on anyone who look's at the independent data available and says there is no advantage in having your product.

You are selling an inexpensive device that makes claims that are not backed up by anything other than your dyno data.
I think your product is not so expensive that anyone would go to the trouble of returning it for a refund even if they saw no increase in performance.

Your claims of 100% customer satisfaction are based on people not returning it to you.
That doesn't mean that they think it makes power.
It only means that they are not going to go to the trouble of taking it off and sending it back.

Face it guys. You have nothing to prove it works. Your detractors have real data that shows it doesn't work.

What have you got? let's see it. Please don't come up with the old dyno sheets. Russ did dyno tests that show no gain at all.
You went to market with this thing with no R&D oter than asking people to try it out and tell you what they think.

It's time you cut the crap and come up with the kind of proof that will convince someone other than the guys who already have one bolted on.

Joe 117

I am sorry i getting mixed vibes from your post am i to assume you want to order one or am i reading into your post(s).I dont mean to be sarcastic or incincere but do you really think that you are hurting our sales. Steve and i have even considered sending you royalty checks but then that would make your posts biast

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This has got to be the LONGEST tread in VIPERCLUB.ORG's history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Devildog,

You raise some good points that should be understood about the testing of the air temp.

On another note what is your opinion on Russ's testing? Why do you believe one set of tests that has some apparent flaws but not the other??

If you are happy with the looks and what you paid for it than that is good for you.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you're on dial-up and click 'show all' you could be waiting about an hour for this bad-boy to load.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the belief is that hot air is being pulled in by the few inches of inlet that go beyond the NACA duct opening why not just block those sections off?

Can the NACA area provide all the air needed?

It would be interesting to test that. The cost to block that small section would be next to nothing. Heck, I'll create the kit and call it the Vipaire.

:headbang: :2tu: :headbang: :2tu:

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If the belief is that hot air is being pulled in by the few inches of inlet that go beyond the NACA duct opening why not just block those sections off?

It would be interesting to test that. The cost to block that small section would be next to nothing. Heck, I'll create the kit and call it the Vipaire.

How about calling it the Vipahairhead? No charge if you decide to use the name. :D :2tu: :usa:

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

How about calling it the Vipahairhead? No charge if you decide to use the name. :D :2tu: :usa:

LMFAO! :headbang: :D :shocked: :smirk: :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Devildog,

You raise some good points that should be understood about the testing of the air temp.

On another note what is your opinion on Russ's testing? Why do you believe one set of tests that has some apparent flaws but not the other??

If you are happy with the looks and what you paid for it than that is good for you.

VIPAH,
I am glad you brought this up. Now let me tell you, when RussM did his first dyno runs he positioned a 90 mph fan directed directly into the NACA duct. Why did he do this? I quote " to reduce or prevent heat soak on the stock airbox " un quote. As I stated before, this is a measure that RussM does when he dynos his car that helps him to have consistent results which is is no means a wrong thing to do but just not the right thing for testing a cold air device. And the last time I checked the average viper driver drives around without a fan directed into the stock airbox.

Russ and I discussed this and the next time he dyno's it will be without the "heat soak prevention fan", only a large fan in front of the car, this is consistent with how EVERY OTHER MANUFACTURER OF COLD AIR DEVICES DYNO'S CARS WITH THIS TYPE OF DEVICE, WITH THE HOOD CLOSED AND A FAN AT THE FRONT OF THE CAR.

When people dyno their cars with the hood open they are creating a scenario that will never be reproduced in the real world unless you are SCOTT SCHENFIELD and drive your viper half the year without a hood on it ( you must need sunglasses when you do this, don't you SCOTT? :cool: )

:2tu:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess the new testing will prove things out, one way or another.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am headed to the airport and I will out of touch until Sunday PM..... I'll miss this thread.

Later Frank!

Someone post #600 for me!!!!!

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dyno test part 2?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think this thread is EVER going to die.

Regarding the situation at hand, I'm wondering if temperature and pressure tell the whole story? You can have a straw with 20psi of air moving through it and a dryer-hose with 10psi, and the flow would be more on the larger one. Isn't it more about CFM than PSI?

I dunno - just throwing that out there. There *is* a reason however why the Viper MAP sensor setup is inferior to a mass-air flow setup. Doug Levin made a post once about how the PSI can't tell the story on how much power superchargers make, because it was the flow of air that matters.

I dunno how you would easily measure the actual quantity of air (mass) that is being moved into the engine, though.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This thread will not and should not die until Elite finally comes clean and answers the very simple and direct question: How does feeding beans to the sheep increase RWHP?

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

This thread will not and should not die until Elite finally comes clean and answers the very simple and direct question: How does feeding beans to the sheep increase RWHP?
I think it has something to do with "Ram Air"
Cheers,

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think this thread is EVER going to die.

Regarding the situation at hand, I'm wondering if temperature and pressure tell the whole story? You can have a straw with 20psi of air moving through it and a dryer-hose with 10psi, and the flow would be more on the larger one. Isn't it more about CFM than PSI?

I dunno - just throwing that out there. There *is* a reason however why the Viper MAP sensor setup is inferior to a mass-air flow setup. Doug Levin made a post once about how the PSI can't tell the story on how much power superchargers make, because it was the flow of air that matters.

I dunno how you would easily measure the actual quantity of air (mass) that is being moved into the engine, though.

Mike,

Mass air has several advantages over speed density type systems, but I would not call them superior. The greatest advantage of mass air is the ability to sense more airflow, and allowing the computer to compensate for it.

In a speed density setup the computer has no clue what kind of volume is associated with the air coming in. Hence the reason why tuning is much more crucial than on a mass air setup. For example you can take a mustang with a mass air put a rising rate regulator and bigger injectors and the factory computer knows enough to make the car ran rather good. If you tried the same on a speed density car it probably would not even idle.

Speed density on the other hand has no airpath restrictions, unlike most mass air setups.

Hope this kinda explains it.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now, if you installed a Vipair as a suppository, would it reduce the temperature of the hot gas and increase it's velocity?

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Russ,

Thanks for taking the time to write that... my post was based loosely on my reading of (I think) either Lingenfelters "small block chevy performance" or the turbo book by Corky bell... as it was explained to me, the mass airflow is a superior setup. I hear what you're saying, although when I read it all, it sounds like you're also saying mass-airflow is better than SD and the only downside is the restriction in the airflow.

Russ, what do you think about the idea that the pressure could be the same in the airbox, but there may be more flow (i.e. more air molecules) actually getting into the box? If you agree that it could be something that would be beneficial, but not measurable as a pressure change in the airbox, can you think of a way to measure it, without something like a mass-airflow sensor to do it for us?

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mike,

You are basicly correct on the Mass flow vs. Density on new applications, howerver on the older cars where the mass flow was a big restriction, that is when SD was far superior. But in todays world when you can buy a 100mm mass airflow housing, the restrictions are almost gone.

I know what you are saying about the volume of air in the box, but just dont know how to test it. It is the same as the turbo effect you can have a small t25 pushing 10 psi and a large 100mm GTB pushing 10 psi, same boost but totaly different amount of air.

S

SUN RA KAT

What was this thread about, anyway?

Originally, that is.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Something about some cold air device, it has now taken on a life of its own. :eek:

Just doing my part to get post number 600 out of it. :headbang:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

600 could come tomorrow. Everyone needs to be on their toes to try and be the one.

I think this thread will live a short life beyond the next set of testing Russ does.

1000 posts is not out of the question.

I wonder if the system can handle it? Has it been tested for this level of capcity? :eek: :D

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

600 could come tomorrow. Everyone needs to be on their toes to try and be the one.

I think this thread will live a short life beyond the next set of testing Russ does.

1000 posts is not out of the question.

I wonder if the system can handle it? Has it been tested for this level of capcity? :eek: :D

OK.....This thread reaches 1000 post we will give a set of side louvers and side splitters to the lucky# 1000 and who knows maybe even a VIPAIR :headbang:
This would of course be a contingency contest.The winner must be a vipair customer.We are also going to give the lucky # 600 a set of our new 4" stainless angle cut rolled tips no contingency needed.No "bumping" allowed.May as well have some fun with this thread

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow better run out and find another straight piece of road for more Gtech testing, can milk that for at least 4 or 5 posts :) .

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I thought for sure we would be close to 600 by this time. People must be sleeping in.

:confused: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC