Vipair roof on a street serpent?

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this possible? I believe it is treesnake that has the hatch glass on his serpent, but i was not sure if this is possible....Also, does anyone actually own a the vipair hood on here? id like to see more pics.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TreeSnake has a coupe, not a Vipair rear hatch. There are a few people here who have a Vipair hood on their SRT's. Im honestly not sure Vipair actually made any of the rear hatch coupe tops. Hopefully GTSR will chime for you.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SS coupe was done by Jeff Lemke.
To date , I have the only AP Eng. 'Comp Coupe Type" roof.
It is 2-3 inches lower that the OEM coupe roof.
The weird part is that the interier headroom didn't change at all....:dunno: There is actually a 2-inch gap between the headliner and the roof skin....
You can see the difference next to another 06 coupe.

Jeff fabricated my existing roof using a combination of my OEM roof and that of a comp coupe.
It was not an easy task. Jeff said he wouldn't want to do it again.
it was a little scary because there was no turning back once my original top was cut up. After talking in length with Jeff, I was confident that he could do it.

I am glad we tried it and I would do it again.
Of course I say that now that it is finished.....:D
Would probably take some persuasion to get Jeff on board though....:lmao:

OP
OP
C

cujo200231

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow treesnakes car is amazing. i accidently said vipair hood. I meant to say vipair roof. I wondered if that would work on a SS.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it lowered? It really looks great, but I'm thinking the side by side also indicates a different suspension height.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TreeSnake has a coupe, not a Vipair rear hatch. There are a few people here who have a Vipair hood on their SRT's. Im honestly not sure Vipair actually made any of the rear hatch coupe tops. Hopefully GTSR will chime for you.

Hey Austin,

I am going to be producing my top very shortly, I lent it to a fellow vendor that claimed that he could utilize his parts inventory and his composite guy that he had a relationship with to make these things and now I am just trying to get my prototype back from him, which is turning out to be an experience in itself.

The guy advertises it for sale on his website yet cannot seem to answer the phone or pay his bills or return my prototype, which alarms me since I invested over $20K (actually closer to 25K) in making the prototype.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well hopefully you get it back. It is a cool top and would actually like to see it on an SRT other than the one you used to make the prototype.

Hey Austin,

I am going to be producing my top very shortly, I lent it to a fellow vendor that claimed that he could utilize his parts inventory and his composite guy that he had a relationship with to make these things and now I am just trying to get my prototype back from him, which is turning out to be an experience in itself.

The guy advertises it for sale on his website yet cannot seem to answer the phone or pay his bills or return my prototype, which alarms me since I invested over $20K (actually closer to 25K) in making the prototype.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well hopefully you get it back. It is a cool top and would actually like to see it on an SRT other than the one you used to make the prototype.

No worries Austin,

I have already been contacting the authorities and I am meeting with an attorney first thing Monday as well.

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Authorities? Attorney?

His shipping girl is probably just on holiday. :rolleyes: