Viper 2 WRX 0

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is it with WRX guys. The only ricer that I've EVER had try me was a WRX driver. Made quick work of him.

That’s weird EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE tries to race me. From minivans to mustangs; especialy anything with fart can. I try not to make a habbit of street racing....but every once in a while you just can't stop yourself. :)

thats the paradox, its annoying to race against them, and its annoying not to race against them

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based upon your simple-minded post, there would be no need to have boxing matches. You would just weigh the fighters and have them lift weights. The one who was bigger and stronger would automatically "win" the fight.

So what have you beaten lately? As many of the posters have pointed out, there are some wickedly fast STis out there.

As many Viper owner's point out lack of HP or torque is not the problem. The problem is applying that power with just the right finesse. Given the weather and the cold runflats, the AWD WRX STi, definitely had several things going in its favor.

Maybe that's why in boxing a featherweight never fights a heavy weight.

In the Viper I beat a guy in a 91 or newer ZR1 with Borla Exhaust, that was fun. I also once toyed witha guy in a 350Z which was kinda silly as it was no real competition, and not something i would brag about and certainly not something I would post.

In the Z06 I have beaten several 996 non turbo Porsches and kept even/beat three 996 TT
I have also beaten a Evo an M3 an old 928 Porsche.
I lined up once on a 2002 GTS Viper and kept even through traffic but was beaten by about two car lengths at the light.

Generally though I would not race against a Honda Civic or a much weaker car because it is a lose lose stuation to me.

Viperized

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving the SRT10 the other day( I actually drive it everyday unless there is snow) Pulled up behind a youngster in a Mustang GT who had been bopping and weaving through traffic. He looked in the review mirror and saw the Viper, he immediately pulled over into the right lane to let me by. No questions asked, I respect that respect. That's the kind of street race I like.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well guys last night (saturday) I went on my first rice cruise to the track then the street races (on a closed street of course)(since I couldent take the snake out) and let me tell you these cars were PIGS OMG they were getting so happy over 16,17 and 18 second 1/4 mile and one guy did a 19 second and these were all very good drivers ***.

I have a new found DISrespect for ricers.

The fastest car out of 23 cars was a VW GTI with a turbo swap,downpipes and a chip and it ran a 14.9 in the 1/4 mile.

the following cars were there (and NONE were stock)

GTI
5 civics
2 jetta's (one turbo'd)
acura Rsx
3 acura integra's
nissan 240sx (which I thought SHOULD be somewhat fast and wasent)
4 nissan maximas
2 honda accords
subaru 2.5
and a few other POS cars.

so at the end of everyone running at the track the guy in the GTI heard me talking to someone else there and found out I have the viper, so being the cocky little pr!ck he is says "I'll smoke that viper" (keep in mind he just ran his best EVER 1/4 mile time of 14.9) so I just laugh and say "yeah right" so he says hes not kidding I say "well my snake is away for the winter but I'll smoke you in my mustang" so now hes laughing his head off "A MUSTANG" ok so we get back in town (from the track) so I go home and get my stang out, (and the a$$ end is sooooooo light in the cold you get NO grip) and he says he wants to race for $50 so I saw ok fine, put the money up, and I power brake (yes its automatac) it for like 15 seconds to warm the tires, so he wants to race more then a 1/4 mile (stupid on his part because I got a chip and my top speed is now 162) so we take off and since he got AWD he gets me out of the hole (of course) and he gains about half a car lanth on me, as soon as I got 40 mph is floor it BOOM blew past em and got like 3 cars ahead of him by the time we passed the 1/4 mile mark, I just kept pulling more and more and more car lanths ahead of him as we passed at the end of the 1 mile run I was like a good 18 car lanths ahead of him.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THOSE SCUBIES ARE AWESOME! Thanks for the info.
OK I finally went to the link about the Scubies, and now I call BS. Their STi Stage IV package costs over $10k and makes about 320 hp to the wheels on 91 octane fuel. Even they claim that only a high 11 "might" be possible. Their race car did not run a 9.4x at 150+ mph on pump gas with cats. No way. Here is a link to their STi Stages page.

http://www.esxmotorsports.com/sti%20performance/esx_sti.htm

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
THOSE SCUBIES ARE AWESOME! Thanks for the info.
OK I finally went to the link about the Scubies, and now I call BS. Their STi Stage IV package costs over $10k and makes about 320 hp to the wheels on 91 octane fuel. Even they claim that only a high 11 "might" be possible. Their race car did not run a 9.4x at 150+ mph on pump gas with cats. No way. Here is a link to their STi Stages page.

http://www.esxmotorsports.com/sti%20performance/esx_sti.htm

1) I'm not sure you are actually reading my posts. I didn't say that the 9.4 was on pump gas. I said several times that it was not on pump gas.

2) They make packages that with over 500 hp for the street. I have driven some of them personally. You are not looking at the package that I said ran 10s.

3) Their dyno is very very conservative.

4) Call BS all you want. The owner is a friend of mine, I go to races with him, drive the cars, my car is even pictured on their website in the dyno section. If you feel like I have a reason to lie about someone else's car on the internet, fine.