Viper as advertising space

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone either:

a) bought a Viper and realized they cant afford it
b) bought a Viper knowing they couldnt afford it
c) is trying to make their Viper a "business expense" so they can write it off on taxes

cagleman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not for that kind of money...but there are companies that handle advertising "wraps" on special cars (I imagine they would love to have a Viper for advertising)....I think the pay depends on what kind of car...but I believe it is something like $300-600 a month depending on several variables and some companies require that you attach a GPS to your car to determine that their advertising is getting the intended audience.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having grown-up in Minnesota, I doubt a "200 miles per day" in the suburbs of MLPS/St. Paul is achievable from say...Mid October thru early April. Somehow snow tires and a windshield scraper aren't on most Viper owners "gotta have" list...as well as a ski rack...although it does have a rear window defroster...Hummmmm. GIVE ME A BREAK...35K for advertising...serious inquiries only!!!! Ha.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All depends on what they are advertising! "Stud service low daily rates, Inquire within!" Hey I'll drive that for free!

Midwest Muscle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's option C for me - Business. I've gotten call into my business simply by advertising mohotcars.com on the license plate frame.

I drove the truck for six months without that happening. I've only driven the Viper about six times, and I got at least one call after each time I took it out.

Mike M

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$35,000 does seem very high. hey, if it works, he has found himself a great way to pay off a viper!

look on the bright side, atleast he isnt drilling or keying the thing to raise money! :rolleyes:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$35,000 does seem very high. hey, if it works, he has found himself a great way to pay off a viper!

look on the bright side, atleast he isnt drilling or keying the thing to raise money! :rolleyes:

LOL...Hey, you gotta give the SMV guys credit...They're making money on that whole deal, and they got that Viper for a song.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< LOL...Hey, you gotta give the SMV guys credit... >>

credit for what? failing? if people got credit for failing, then i guess that would now make me my high schools' valedictorian.

<< They're making money on that whole deal >>

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT? go to their web site. a little math shows that they have actually LOST money, and are failing just like we all predicted and are finally admitting to it.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< LOL...Hey, you gotta give the SMV guys credit... >>

credit for what? failing? if people got credit for failing, then i guess that would now make me my high schools' valedictorian.

<< They're making money on that whole deal >>

YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT? go to their web site. a little math shows that they have actually LOST money, and are failing just like we all predicted and are finally admitting to it.

They will be "in the red" for awhile, but eventually they'll make the "investment" in the Viper back. Until the site goes offline, they haven't failed.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Until the site goes offline, they haven't failed. >>

i agree with you 100% bean. but if you read their blog, i think their "race horse" has a broken leg. it doesnt look good.
You must be registered for see images

(what a suprise)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Until the site goes offline, they haven't failed. >>

i agree with you 100% bean. but if you read their blog, i think their "race horse" has a broken leg. it doesnt look good.

(what a suprise)

LOL. Well, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. If they don't make their million dollars, I hope they make enough to repair the damage they've done to the car. I know one of the two guys involved, and he's a super nice guy. I'd love to see 'em succeed.

HotWheelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He advertises he will drive 200 miles daily for 2 years. In order for him to fulfill his side of the contract he will have to put about 146,000 miles on the car. WHAT AN IDIOT!

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He advertises he will drive 200 miles daily for 2 years. In order for him to fulfill his side of the contract he will have to put about 146,000 miles on the car. WHAT AN IDIOT!

LOL and he will have spent $40,000 just for gas.

BradH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that this guys plan is outrageous. However, I would be interested in opinions from anyone who has legitimately used their Viper for business/advertising purposes.

My wife is a realtor and I was considering a Gen II GTS as advertising space. (Of course it's primary purpose would be to serve as my daily driver.) With as much attention as a Viper attracts, I'd think that it would really work great for advertising. Think of it as the ultimate moving billboard. (I would put nice magnets on the doors with her business logo, phone number, etc.)

Again, I'm interested in anyone else who has done this and how well it has worked.

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I already thought of this a few years ago. It's very difficult to get businesses to agree to the advertisements without being able to tell them exactly where and when the car will be driven. I guess they think you're going to park the car and charge them for the ads anyway. Then you have the problem of having to dictate such things to the owners. Viper/Ferrari/Lamborghini owners won't tolerate being told where and when they have to drive their cars, not surprisingly.

Also, I found it very hard to convince people it wasn't some kind of scam. My idea was to do this advertisement and use the money to pay the car payments for the owners. You could basically get a Viper and pay nothing but the down payment, insurance, registration fee and gas. Some people said I was trying to sell them a car, others thought I would end up taking the car from them somehow. One guy tried to convince me that I'd have to buy a wing for his car because I said the car would be a "replica racecar".

It's still a good idea but a few years ago was definitely not the right time. I think 9/11 had struck right as I started looking into it and the entire advertising industry was crashing. Now may be a better time for this idea but e-bay is certainly not the way to do it. They have enough problem with scammers.

--Rob

tooreal11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe it or not ive decided to use my car for advertisement...We're starting a restaurant chain here in North Florida and im writing off nearly 30k in upgrades...:)) The car parked out front of the restaurants should defiantly attract attention......