Viper Bra for sale/rent near Kansas City?

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am flying up to Kansas City to pickup the Viper from my other post. I was just informed that the local dealer who had ordered my front end "bra" did not get in yet. Now I am faced with having to drive back to DAllas tomorrow with a "bare" front end.

Is anyone around the area lookin to sell one or "rent" one out? This whole deal has been a daily-changing ordeal, but I hope the first ride in my new Viper will make up for it.

if so, please call me
George
214-232-8536

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be more worried about the bra scratching the paint. I wonder if you could line up someone in Kansas City to protect the front end the right way, with the clear 3M stuff.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bra may or may not scratch the paint...but either way...get something.

Hey, We are getting together tomorrow in the DFW area...why don't you join us?

OP
OP
V

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am game for just about anything. It seems the clear bra's are pre-cut, so it might be difficult to get one in and installed at a local installer on Saturday. Racing tape seems tempting. It should be easily removed after 500 miles, right? Anyone know of a hot rod shop or "tape" store around Lansing, KS or Kansas City?

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say I've ever used racing tape, but many Viper events I've been to cars have. People leave it on all day, and it appears to remove easily. I assume this would protect the paint from minor road debre, since that is the purpose of using it on track.

ViperBite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Define what you mean by racing tape. I have used painters tape then applied duct tape over it. I did not want the aggressive glue on duct tape on the paint. I used this while running the silverstate classic events. Put it on the entire front bumper and rear panels. I also happened to find the duck tape in the color of the car!! I had zero problems removing the painters tape after the events.

I am driving my car Wed from Omaha to St. Louis. However I will be driving bare. But I am also not taking the normal route home. I wonder if duct tape comes in yellow?

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperBite,
Yes duct tape comes in RaceYellow :D :2tu: , and the way you did it sounds like a great idea :2tu: Most guy's are only using the painters tape with double layers.

RaceYellow cars are the fastest :2tu: :D :usa:

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, now i've seen it all. I can't believe the measures some people take around here to protect their cars. To each his own, and I hate bugs and paint nicks too, but I think you'd have more satisfaction not having that headache everytime you drive and get it repainted if it's that bad.

Well, I do see it is new, I dunno about brand new, but I think after a few rides, you will get tired of protecting the front of the car.

Let the flaming begin.

OP
OP
V

VeNumb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bare Front end made it!

Bare Front end made it! :2tu:
Drove my new Viper back from Kansas to Dallas, TX without any problems, except an almost "running out of gas" experience...I made it to the pump without any "Fred Flinstone" impersonations.

No tickets, just a couple of "sizzled" legs. 102 degrees, black paint, and our wonderful "heated door sill option." I will have to get used to that one. "She" is broken in now, so all I need is her first oil change, then I can really play. :headbang:

Thanks all for the information and help on my new purchase. The more I read all the posts here, I don't see how I am going to keep mine stock!

I plan to meet up with you DFW guys soon.

-George
2004 Black SRT