Viper days are coming!!!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To All:

Viper Days are just around the corner! Viper Days Homepage Viper Days will be yet again at Texas World Speedway on September 2nd through 4th of 2011. Viper Days is a GREAT event and the cost has come way down from where it used to be as well so check it out! There are some misconceptions out there about Viper Days that I have tried to clear up one on one at shows and drives. Viper Days is not 'tracking' your Viper. It is NOT a competition nor a timed race. Viper Days is simply a Viper Driving School. It honestly should have been mandatory before people could buy these beasts with no traction control! But seriously it is a driving school in a controlled environment, not on the street. You have an instructor with you at all times and you go at your OWN pace. You tailor your experience with your own comfort level. But I can guaranty you one thing., after each and every Viper Days event you participate in you will leave a better driver. It may not be something you realize at first, but the first time we all go on a hill country drive on a twisty road and a corner is a bit sharper or longer than you expect you will know how to drive the car through the turn, it will just 'click' on what you need to do to be safe. What you learn at Viper Days carries over to everyday driving on the highways. Being on TWS gives you and the instructor a controlled environment taking out the variables a public road way has.

Now for some concerns that members have specifically been brought to my attention:

"If I 'track' my car it will cancel my insurance."
This is not a race or a time trial. It is a Driving School, I do not know of any insurance that would drop you for enhancing your driving skills
"I have never been on a track, I don't want to be the slow-poke or run off the track"
Again this is a school, there is no slow or fast, but every lap with an instructor you will shave time off your laps by learning how to drive the car.
In the rare event you go off the track you should not have damage- tracks are made to race and not punish the car leaving a lane like a highway is. grass outside the track is flat and smooth, no culverts or trees, it is MUCH safer than a high-speed Lime Creek run!
"My car is not set up for the track"
Again it is not a track event, but you drive a Viper- a car more at home on a track than on a street, all years not just the ACR.
Your tires should not be over 4-5 yrs old but they should not be on the street either, that is just too dangerous, they lose grip when they get old and hard.
Only suggestion outside of normal everyday maintenance is to change your brake fluid with a high temp synthetic like Motul 600, this can be done at ART, or even at the track. Tomball Dodge will be there to do this. (I recommend you run this daily as well in Texas)
"My car is a collectible/my baby/my toy/never seen rain/showroom condition/etc.. and the track will get rock chips everywhere"
Tomball Dodge has offered to assist in taping off your car to avoid the rock chip problem spots. They will show you how to tape it up and where and assist you in doing so.
"I don't want to spend all weekend out there"
Although I HIGHLY encourage attending both days to better your skills, every lap you get better, Viper Days does offer one day entries. TWS Registration
"I have just bought my Viper I am not ready" or "I've had my Viper for over a decade, I don't need it"
Both cases are WRONG- all drivers will learn to drive their Viper better than they ever knew they could. You will learn SOMETHING, and that something WILL keep you safer out on the highways and byways
So as you can see there are a million and one questions about Viper Days, I can't answer them all, but I can assure you it is time and money well spent. Also to top off the day you get to watch in person the Viper Cup series race!

I am working with Ben Keating of Tomball Dodge/Viper Exchange to set up an event in a few weeks. Ben knows Viper Days inside out and can answer any questions as well, but if you wait until then the spots may be taken up, I would suggest everyone signs up ASAP. If you are on the fence give me a call and we can discuss your concerns. Feel free to call Viper Days direct, they will talk to you as well and discuss your concerns. It is all great people who have one thing in common, make sure you know how to control that car safely in any condition at any speed. That is what will get you home after a hill country drive, your skill, not the car.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UPDATE:

I forgot one of the coolest things in my previous email: If you are a VCA Member you get $50 off the event. Click Here: http://dev.narraonline.com/component/juser/register.html
This page will ask you for your driving experience, if you want to be in the school or race series etc. It is a short form to get the information needed to get you in the right group. Just be honest and you will be surprised how well they fit you in with the right instructor.

To my knowledge you do not have to be a NARRA member to join Viper Days. Use the link posted to this email and you should be fine. Any questions or concerns just contact me.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in the process of signing up with a rare hotel res too. Beginners, intermediate and advanced solo time and of course the big televised Viper Cup ACR X races to be run.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, home game for the Aggies Sunday night means rooms will be at a premium. Book as soon as you can.

Good point, I had not checked the schedule. Bryan/College Station gets PACKED on game weekend. I have family that lives less than a block away from the country club we will be eating at so I am crashing thier house!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang