Viper Days at Buttonwillow pictures and commentary...

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
overall i had a great time all 3 days!! special thanks to joe for taking me out on the course with him on numerous occasions... also thanks to the Joe and Joey Race Team and Ron for letting me crash their garage all weekend.. thanks to jonathan for telling me about the event.. and thanks to everyone else for just being there and adding to the experience..

here are the pictures i took.. there are about 60 of them so 56k'ers beware.. you might want to click the link and then go get lunch or something..
http://www.stuntsteamwashington.com/sig/viperdays

enjoy!!

- eddie -

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool, the "very pretty solid black ACR" was me! What a great weekend. A 4-day track weekend. I had to come back to work today just to get some rest.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, Mark, I thought that sinister Snake was you, but what happened to the Flag on the hood ---- it's disappearance threw me off.

PS - How did you do? In other words, did Mark Young dominate his class or...................????

Enquiring minds want to know?!

Mark Young

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I retired the flag when the cleanup was finished, now there's just a small one on the rear. To say I was rusty would be an understatement, but at my first track outing in a year, I didn't do too badly and managed to squeeze off a 2:12. If I had another session or so I would have dropped another few seconds but I think it was at least respectable.

I'm hoping that Santa brings me a StopTech setup for x-mas, I'm jealous of all these guys with big-brakes!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweeeeeeeeeet pictures Eddie! You really captured all the fun that was going on in the pits and on the track. I myself had a great time and enjoyed every minute of it. I would highly recommend the Viper Days experience to anyone who has the chance to go. You will definitely learn how to drive your car faster and more importantly safer than you thought possible. Thanks Skip, Courtney, and my instructor Barry. The pits and garages were a laugh a minute as everyone got in on some of the hi-jinx. Thanks to all the SO CAl boys for watching out for me this weekend as I, the rookie, was making my track debut. Thanks for the pics Eddie.-Jonathan

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos, but none of my car? I guess you only take photos of the "fast" cars
laugh.gif
. Had a great time
smile.gif
. Thanks to the Viper Days cast and all who attended. Special thanks to Lance for letting me share his garage and shop vac
laugh.gif
. So how many drinks do you have to buy Cortney on Saturday night to erase the Woodchucks you received that morning
wink.gif

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, Thanks Eddie for the pictures.
Now my turn,
Skip, Courtney and all the other behind the scenes people who put on this event, Thank You!!

Ron-Socal Rebel---How's your Hooooosiers!! It was fun sharing a garage with you, a laugh a minute. Hope all is well with your brakes. Keep looking in your mirror!! I'll be there, but not for long, cause you will be in mine. Had some great runs Friday at 2:08 with you and me, it was like an empty track.

Jonathan-Redsled-- sounds slow-- You need to change that name cause that sled ain't red and it ain't slow. The newest rookie. Glad you had a blast and you got a great run at 2:19 see you at Buttonwillow on the 20th.

Eddie-Eddie N-- Great pictures, you look like you had fun on the track ridin with me around a few laps (First time on track). We went at 50% for the first two laps under caution and I remember your comment "this isn't too bad" At the start of the 3rd lap in the S's I heard an AHHH! as we went through them sliding through the sweeper. Great composure Eddie--AHHH! Fun wasn't it?

Craig-So Cal Craig-- Dude, use the peddle on the right--no more excuses. Peddle in the middle --Bad-- Peddle on the right--Good
Lance-Well we are tied for woodchucks this weekend I will admit that I had 2 more on Friday--They did not count though. A special thanks to Jonathan for the wash on the Yellow Bee.

John Dearing-SSpeedracer--The name says it all. Hey John when it comes to changing tires why does it take 6 guys to change your tires-we just all want to say we were a part of the fastest run in your group no wonder you are so fast. 2 Woodchucks this weekend--shame on you. The best thing was your tech inspector showed you how to use the gas guage. You did not run out of gas the whole weekend. Congratulations!!!

Ken Haney--Great weekend I noticed you in front of So Cal Rebel-What's happening there?? Thanks for the warning for the dirt at the downside of Magic Mountian. I surely would have got my second woodchuck. See you on the next one.

Paul Mumford-Pmum-Well all I can say is this. You said Brake at the second cone and I did. That listening! I was being a good student. Paul, thanks for the lesson. I shaved 6 seconds after that run. It was my first woodchuck.
bounce.gif
Thanks for pushing me. After all, why not learn from the best. A 1:55-- Mr. Dearing-- Pay attention

Eric-MtHam ACR--We had some fun runs and some great tips for each other. Looks like you had great times. The Safety award winner-- Use the peddle on the right more, not the middle one. You gotta go faster even if it means off the track. Besides you'll only be off for a minute.No more safety awards.

Al Lewis--Hey! Did we have fun or what. New tires, faster lap times. Where does it end? Chasing each other, we ran hard. See you soon.
Bernard. Great times on them Hoosiers (Safety First). We finally found a knife on Sunday afternoon to cut the Limes for the Corona's. Thanks Eddie E. When we brought the frig to the track we forgot the knife. See you soon

Gary Cardiff- Glad to see you again. Hope there was no castistrofic damage to your car. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

Gavin- The Plate winner- You are fast! It was a pleasure running with you Sat and Sun.

Dan Cragin- You are a gentleman and you are professional. I felt (for the first time) comfortable leaving my car with you to work on it with out panicking. Again Thanks

Vic- What up? What, you can't pit with the big boys? We don't bite. Next time stay a while, say Hi. Don't be a stranger.
How about those tire guys from Archer-Busy all weekend. How do they do it?
Hey lets not forget Joey of "The Joe & Joey Racing Team" The best Pit assistent I ever had. Somebody had to push Ron around.

I'm sure that I missed a whole bunch of people's name's I met and talked to this weekend, and if I did thanks to all of you for any info I learned. I will see you all next time. All you posers Get your car out of the garage and on the track. You will kick yourself in the A** once you do for not doing it sooner.

Joe B 01

bounce.gif

Killer Bee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all,

Lots of fun, listed in order:

1. <LI>Cutting to front of tech line.
    <LI>Staying in front of Ron.
    <LI>Killer garage.
    <LI>Having Ron tell me he does not like the sound of my CDI headers. He spent lots of time listening to them.
    <LI>Getting a chance to share my vacuum.
    <LI>Redsled's constant "I got 50#'s in my Hoosiers".
    <LI>4/10ths ahead of Ron!
    <LI>Dan Cragin there to make life really good!!! Guys support Dan - you will need his help if you continue to go to the track.
    <LI>And having a car to drive home (ahead of Ron).

Thanks again,

Lance
Great photo essay Eddie!!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Joe, Ron, John, Craig, Lancelot, Ken H, Paul M, Ken A,

When I got to the track at 6:15 on Saturday morning, I looked around for signs of life. Didn't see any of your cars, and all the garages were closed.

After coming back from the ATM, I just parked it anywhere, since I had no idea where y'all were. But I saw everyone anyway, when you weren't out on the track.

I'm out on the ttrack in the green group, while you die hards are cuttin' up in the pits.

What do you think of this? I was being held up by two slow cars in front of me, for like three laps. No one is blue flagging the lead car, because this is the green group, and the corner workers are watching the clouds go by or something. So FINALLY, the lead car gives a wave by, but the ***** behind me doesn't wait for the wave, and jumps both me and the lead car!

If this Viper Days stuff is run on jungle rules, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME?

I can play by jungle rules, too. I can be an azzhole too.

Its just that we are suppossed to abide by the guidelines, like nice big boys.

But if thats the way its gonna be, and people can get away with being risky, then look out, 'cause I'm not gonna take any cr*p

OP
OP
E

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mark,

nice car.. i'm sorry we didnt meet.. there will be other events!

craig,

gonna have to chat with you a little more next event.. if you look close enough you can see your car peeking out of your garage..
smile.gif

joe,

i should have paid you off not to tell anyone about my "its not so bad" comment
smile.gif
.. i need to work on my composure a bit..i was just trying to keep you on your toes.. if you can keep it on the track with me shrieking like a little girl half the time then you can handle anything else
laugh.gif

lance,

such a sweet car.. nice 2:08!! thanks for the lift.. YOU PAY NOW!! me love you long time...

vic,

settle down!!
smile.gif

the pictures and times are posted on the viper days site.. check them out!! www.viperdays.com ...

- eddie -

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't know about those times listed on the Viper Days web site.

Joe B turned a 2:08, but his time is shown as 2:12?

I saw a 2:21 for myself on the computer, but mine is shown as 2:24?

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Vic,
Chill out. Life is too short. I turned a 2:08 with Hoosiers on Friday with Ron and I following each other, basically with no one on the track. Joey G used a stopwatch on us. He's pretty accurate on the stopwatch. We are all going to Buttonwillow on Fri the 20th of Sept. with Speed Ventures. Are you coming? John Dearing goes for free cause of his Top Gun at willow Springs at their last event. (just isn't fair is it)
shake.gif

After that event on Friday at 5:00 I'll be drivin up 5 to Thunderhill for Green Flag Racing for the weekend. It's gonna be a blast. T-Hill is afun course. Check out their website(not comprinter savy enough to put in link)

The big boys are all goin to Fontana that weekend. I think they spots open. Maybe I'll see you there.

Joe B
bounce.gif

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe B 01:
We are all going to Buttonwillow on Fri the 20th of Sept. with Speed Ventures. Are you coming?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, I signed up for BW on the 20th. They were not sold out as you had told me... what, you getting scared?
wink.gif
Anyway, I'm bringing the S2000 so not to worry... 155 ft. lbs. at 7500 rpm!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig, you have to give me a ride in your S2000! I've seen them on the road but yet to see them up close. I'll be racing on the 20th as well. See you then.
-JOnathan

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by REDSLED:
Craig, you have to give me a ride in your S2000! I've seen them on the road but yet to see them up close. I'll be racing on the 20th as well. See you then.
-JOnathan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No problem Jonathan. Just remember the S2000 only has 1/4 the displacment of a Viper! Don't eat a big breakfast 'cause I gotta keep things light
smile.gif

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe B 01 - likewise - it was a pleasure hanging out with you guys, both on and off the track - Thunderhill looks to be as much fun if a bunch of the Southern California guys make the drive.

All the input from a lot of drivers made the difference for me - just keep those tips coming guys.
GREAT WEEKEND

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,

I had a blast. I'm not sure if the pits or the driving is more fun. Ran a 2:09 in my old slow GenI and still got beat by Brett in another old slow GenI with a 2:08.

Nothing beats hanging with the viper gang for a weekend. Way to many great moments to count.

See you all again soon,

Ken

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken, you and Brett were smokin around that track! Long live the Gen 1. Kudos to you two, you guys know how to drive. I agree, with all the characters that were around this past weekend it was just as much fun in the pits as it was on the track. Never a dull moment. I think the SO CAL guys had the most woodchucks of them all. How many, 8-10 between the group? It was good to see everyone running hard and having a good time. BTW forget about the "race truck" and keep the Viper.
BURNOUT.gif

-Jonathan

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just made it back home this afternoon - took an extra day off of work for a leisurely drive instead of a cannonball. I'm not sure what it is about buttonwillow, but I ended up with 4 woodchucks for the weekend (2 per day). I'm still leaving handprints all over the inside of the car from the dust. However, I had a great time and saw some solid improvement in my times. Funny thing is, I only went off track once at Willow Springs and Thunderhill, but at Buttonwillow I'd just slide all over the place. Next time I'll just bring a set of knobby mud tires instead of Pilots.

I have some pretty decent in-car footage - including the 99 car going into the wall on Friday. I'll edit it into some sort of montage over the next week or so - if anyone has any clips they'd like to include please let me know.

-Andy Boyd

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ron!

If you drove little faster you would know what they are, or take Mumford for a ride.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sorry Paul, Couldn't resist.
Craig, great Please take me for a ride. See ya there. I think the Green group is sold out only-Not our Red group.
Ok Who's goin to T-Hill the 21st and 22nd?

Joe B

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going and so is that MtHam sheep chasing guy - maybe if he concentrated on his driving instead of those wooly things hiding in the weeds he might go a little quicker !!!
G

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin,

To Quote Ron " Are you runnin 50 LBS in Yaw HOOOOsiers" when u come. Will you and Matt be coming to T-Hill with your Hoosiers?
I will be their on Friday Night about 10:00pm. We can meet at the Pub.

Joe B

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin/Matt,
Are you guys runnin Buttonwillow on Fri the 20th with Speedventures. Only the Green group is sold out. It's only like 120 for the day and Transponder is 35 if your a member. Don't quote me. Also John Wurth is getting together Dyno runs at the track. I think it's 35 a run. It will be fun. Pretty soon Speedventures will have to have it's own Vipewr Series. Excluding John Dearing.??. Hint, Hint john Wurth, I know your out there.It's just no fair.

Joe B

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang