Viper Days at VIR - July 10

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in going down to VIR on July 10 to catch what's going on during Viper Days? There should be a nice turn out and the ACR-X will be on hand.

If anyone is heading through Richmond on the way down, let me know and I'll caravan with you. I'm leaving here about 8a-9a as it's about 2.5 hours down 360.

I did this 2 years ago and had fun just hanging out with everyone and getting to know owners from different parts of the area. There are also some Viper celebs usually in attendance, so it may be a good chance to meet some of your heros! :eater:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kelly and I are planning on coming down. We haven't worked out details yet, waiting until the last possible minute to finalize plans is my MO lately.

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just let me know your plans and route and I'll figure out where to catch up with you guys...may be a few others meeting up around here and heading down as well.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be there. Leaving that Friday night and staying that Friday and Saturday.

Will track the car on Saturday then head home sometime Sunday.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HEY! I may have to drop by myself. You think they might let me drive the Pace Car? Maybe I'll bring Doris, NASCAR Touring Series even let her do Pace Car here in '09! She had a good instructor I guess...

Does it get warm there? Will Hurricaine Alex head NE? looks to be tracking weirdly....

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been over 95 for the last week! The past 2 days have been a cold snap (only 80). Should be nice summer weather though!

Would love to meet up with you if you make it...to meet the legend in person!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I didn't let the cat out of the bag :)

HEY! I may have to drop by myself. You think they might let me drive the Pace Car? Maybe I'll bring Doris, NASCAR Touring Series even let her do Pace Car here in '09! She had a good instructor I guess...

Does it get warm there? Will Hurricaine Alex head NE? looks to be tracking weirdly....

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What hotel is everyone staying at? Would be nice if we could all stay together. Roxboro, NC appears to be closest town with hotels.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sleep Inn and Suites. Believe it is in or near Danville. Was told by Lindsey that it was the closest hotel to the track besides the one at the track which was booked.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested in joining if there's a group leaving from NOVA..

I'm enjoying a "porch view" vacation this week (seems that my vacation $$s just turned into braces for my kids..).

Please post plans... Maybe I can get approval from the wife and roll with you guys...

- J

OP
OP
A

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm headed down for the day on Saturday. Planning on leaving Richmond about 8:30a as it's a 2.5 hour drive. I can arrange a meeting spot along the way for those of you headed down from NOVA on Saturday.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested in joining if there's a group leaving from NOVA..

I'm enjoying a "porch view" vacation this week (seems that my vacation $$s just turned into braces for my kids..).

Please post plans... Maybe I can get approval from the wife and roll with you guys...

- J

Kelly and I just ironed out plans. We are meeting at the gas station on the corner of Harmony Church Road and 15 (a few miles south of Leesburg) at 1:30 PM and headed straight down from there. Let me know if you plan on joining us.

We will be staying in Danville, Virginia Friday/Saturday night returning on Sunday.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure hope my tires will last through 2 days of track driving and then 5 hours on the highway home. They already have 1000 miles on them! :D

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could go but have another committment. It is a wonderful track and the operator is a lawyer who used to work for my firm (and a damn good guitarist)

I will be there in Sept for the Ford GT event.

You guys have fun and bring em back in one piece. (watch that tree)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure hope my tires will last through 2 days of track driving and then 5 hours on the highway home. They already have 1000 miles on them! :D

Archer racing will be there I am sure and John will hook you up if you need it:lmao:

Have fun for me will ya' and don't get wrapped around the oak tree!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're inspected and ready to go. This is gonna be FUN!!! (although getting up in 5 hours is gonna stink!!!)

You must be registered for see images attach

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those pictures are AWESOME!!! How'd you talk your way up on to the flag stand? If possible, there are a few shots I'd like to have hi-res versions. Would that be ok?

I'm really glad you made it down. Wish you could have had your car with you though.

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! These were just the better part of the 440 I took yesterday :omg: As for my location, I actually didn't make into any flag stand, I just used the optical zoom on my camera from various places along the fence.

I'll be glad to e-mail higher res pictures of any photos you (or anyone else) want. Right click on the image, select properties and PM me the image number(s) as well as your e-mail address and I'll get them to you as soon as I'm able.

I too am sorry that my car was unable to make the trip, but I did enjoy taking a card full of photos!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though I was taking my time around the track trying to learn it I did have one decent straightaway run where I stayed in the throttle past the first bend. Enjoy

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q_Ia_3NoBc[/media]