Viper Days Nashville

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stayed for Viper Days event Monday and Tuesday following VOI in Nashville.

The event is without a question the best thing I have done since owning the car.

I would recommend anyone who has not done it, to do so.

You will come to realize the capabilities in the car, not to mention yourself.

Our Vipers are unbelievable. After doing this event, I have come to realize the car is more capable than the majority of us are as drivers. We are the limiting factor, not the car.

Skip Thomas, his wife and daughters are outstanding people. They put on a first class event and the other participants in the event were very, very friendly and eager to help.

The instructors are great, not to mention a little crazy to even want to get in a car as fast as our Vipers with an inexperienced race course driver. Jon Scott, I owe you big.

I know that it has been said before, but it is true, performance modifications on our cars are a waste of money until you have attended these events and can get the most out of what you already have.

Ray Moore
#60 Yellow GTS

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray,

I agree with _almost_ everything you said -- Viper Days is a great way to learn your car, the Thomas clan puts on a first-rate event, the car's limits are beyond what most people reach, etc.

I guess the only thing I disagree with you about is that part about "oweing me." You were a great student and I'll ride with you anytime! It was hard to believe this was your first track event -- get a little more seat time and you'll lay the wood to the Eastern Region without even breaking a sweat. We might even consider you part of the Western Region then... (I just HAD to throw in a little pre-Finals smack...)

By the way, my "expert" opinion is that the next thing you need to learn is how to gravy-train off of those with the niiiiiice RV's.

Enjoy the car -- Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960