VIPER DAYS...WHAT TIRES AND RIMS SHOULD I GET

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran the stock tires and rims at Thunderhill and would like to get a set of slicks for the track. Also I would like to get another set of rims just for the track. Any help would be great!!

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that if you want to compete in the michelin challenge series you will need to run the new Michelin sport cup tires no slicks.

Tom
Viper days tech inspector

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tom take a chill pill, Viperdays isn't the only track days we run. Get your wheels from John Purner at CCW, good quality at a reasonable price ($2,400), get 18 x 12 fronts and 18 x 13 rear this way tou can put on the Michelin "Cup" tires on for VD. I run the Hoosier RS03 tires, 305 front and 335 rear, they last about 4-5 track days, Cups have a little less grip but last longer.

OP
OP
H

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Michelin get the new slicks out for the last Viper Days? They did not have them at Thunderhill. Everyone had Hoosiers on.

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do the Purner wheels compare to the 18" SPEEDSTAR Viper Wheels that JonB listed in the Supplier Specials section?

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PURNER - PURNER - PURNER
YOU WILL BEND OR BREAK A RIM IRRRESPECTIVE OF THE BRAND
PURNERS ARE REPAIRABLE
PURNERS ARE LIGHT WEIGHT
PURNERS ARE TRACK PROVEN
GO WITH PURNERS - BLACK CENTERS IF YOU DON'T LIKE CLEANING RIMS.
LUCK

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foregline 3 pc are also repairable, as are BBS 2 and 3 pc. I have two WC3 rear (13" width) with blk centers for sale less than half new price. Personally I like BBS. Look at virtually every pro race team and they run BBS.

Must be a reason.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that if you want to compete in the michelin challenge series you will need to run the new Michelin sport cup tires no slicks.

Tom

All these different &^%$#@# tires got me all confused. You mean we can't run Pilot Sports in the Michelin Challenge Series?

Somebody give me a run down on these Cup tires. Can they be driven on the street?

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tom

All these different &^%$#@# tires got me all confused. You mean we can't run Pilot Sports in the Michelin Challenge Series?

Somebody give me a run down on these Cup tires. Can they be driven on the street?

Stock- Michelin DOT tires only

Super Stock- Michelin DOT tires

Prepared- Michelin DOT tires only

Modified- Michelin DOT tires only

Super Modified- Michelin DOT tires or Pilot Sport Cup only****

Unlimited- Michelin DOT tires or Pilot Sport Cup only*****

Straight from there website.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew! Thanks Alan. I thought I was gonna have to fork over several grand for new rims and tires. "The Road Warrior" wasn't up to treking half way across country just to arrive on some already worn new Cup tires.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALAN!!!

Straight from THEIR website....

Once again you prove that good grammar isn't needed to smoke competition like me on the track.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whew! Thanks Alan. I thought I was gonna have to fork over several grand for new rims and tires. "The Road Warrior" wasn't up to treking half way across country just to arrive on some already worn new Cup tires.

What! Can't find a local place for a rental tow vehicle this year?

Reaction score
But if you want slicks the Hoosier Slicks that were on the first CC coup's they fit the stock 18' BBS rear and the fronts work but the rim could be a little wider.

I do not understand why slicks are not part of the Viper Days program?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What! Can't find a local place for a rental tow vehicle this year?

That battleship I rented last year cost me more in gas than did to rent. Gonna call in some favors to make some events this year.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a one time used set let me know, my boss bought a set then he got a new Viper that needed the larger rims, so they are sitting in my garage!