Viper driver seat 2" lowering kit

TCurtner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could anyone send me the instructions for the install of the 2" drivers seat lowering kit from Northwind Engineering Inc, as they were not included in the package. Much thanks, and headbruised...

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine without the instructions, and it seemed pretty straight forward. The whole track assembly comes off in one piece. After that, the only thing you have to watch is mounting the seatbelt latch. With the track off, next to the seat, use it as a reference for how the holes line up for the floor mount.
Also when mine was installed the holes didn't line up perfectly with the holes in the floor(probably because the seat itself doesn't stay square). All I did was install three of the bolts and force the other in place with a big screwdriver. It didn't take as much force as you'd think.

Hope this helps.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will see If I can dig mine up. Not sure I threw them away just yet.

On a side note:
The Instructions ****! I have found that the instructions for practicaly every aftermarket (Viper) thing I buy ****. Like how hard is it to spend an extra couple hours typing and adding more photos for a product after you R&D it before you put it to market??? Curious minds want to know:dunno:

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I did the 2" install on my '96 gts, I actually re-wrote the instructions and sent them back to the manufacturer. His instructions at the time were one page. Mine were 6 pages. Yes, I'm an engineer. Anyway, Mike said- "I can't send 6 pages of instructions- nobody will ever read them!"

The good news is, the gen 3 2" lowering brackets are really easy!
PBR

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Call Northwind.

They will send them to you.

Simple install but Mike has pictures too and they do help.

Dan