viper engine and srt10 truck compatability question

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Gents.
Quick q that I cant find the answer for ...Are the 03 srt10 viper engine interchangeable with the 04-06 srt10 truck engines? I recall reading something saying no but want to be sure...may have a line on an engine for a spare is all. Thanks in advance.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trucks had a knock sensor before the cars got it. Trucks had different exhaust manifolds, no pilot bearing if it came from an auto truck. Crank position sensor was different too as I recall.

Nothing insurmountable though as far asI remember...

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As pointed out above: Trucks have a different oil pan, thermostat housings, and exhaust manifolds. ALL of the Viper/Ram engines from 05-06 received Knock sensors, and have a different crank position sensor location compared to 03-04. These items however, can all be remedied in one way or the other.

The area where you may get into trouble however, is the Automatic Ram SRT engine Vs. the Manual Ram or Viper engines. While I haven't seen it with my own eyes, I have heard multiple times that the bolt pattern for the bell housing is different for the Autos, making a simple swap problematic.