Viper Engineering/Product Ideas?

SRTfan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In finishing up my last semester of college (in mechanical engineering), I'm taking a class dedicated to CAD/CAM/FEM/CFD, etc. The class focuses on the design or redesign and production of a useful product by the end of the semester. My other design projects have been sewing machines and hand-operated water pumps, so I'm looking for some more interesting ideas this time. I'm wondering if anyone here has any specific ideas for engineering opportunities related to Viper parts? It doesn't need to be anything that can be patented or sold, just something that can reasonably be designed and manufactured by a team of 4 engineering students in a semester.

Thanks in advance :)

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Positive displacement supercharger for the gen 3 Viper. Twin screws run off a belt; piece of cake.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a 4 valve per cylinder hemispherical head for a Viper V10, with 10.5:1 compression ratio created in aluminum?

Regards,
Aaron

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SRTFan- Check my profile, and then PM/Call/E-mail me... I have a couple ideas for you of reasonable scope, and that do have the potential for actual implementation.