Viper for a large guy??

Feanor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm thinking of buying a Viper, but I don't hava a car to testdrive. What I'm wondering is: Is there room for 6'7" of me in a Viper? :D

I've tried some other sportscars like RX-7 and so on, and they are buildt for small europeans and asians.. :(

Is there any hope? :confused:

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6' tall (34" inseam) and feel I'm at the upper limit. Others will disagree and suggest a seat lowering kit. You'll need a test drive so you can make your own determination.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a friend who is 7'1 and he cant get in my R/T unless of course the top is off

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feanor - talk to Kenny ( Sun Ra Kat ). He is about 6'4" ( maybe a bit more ) tall and like 300#. He could help ya out tons. He has a 2001 GTS with a 2" kit and fits like a glove. While I at 5'8" and 170# look like a little baby in the seat...lol

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sun Ra is probably closer to 6'5" or 6'6", but with a seat lowering kit he fits just fine. We do around 20 lowering kits per year on new cars, and the tallest customer we have , so far, is 6'9". With someone who is 6'7" , a 2 inch lowering kit will be required, and it would be great if he could find one that was already done, so he could test it out. With different body builds there is always a chance even the lowering kit won't work, but so far we have been able to accomodate quite a few tall folks.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

OP
OP
F

Feanor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D :D
thanks a lot! Good news :2tu:
I'm not so "bigboned" so it's only the tall part that's the problem.

My problem is that I live in Norway, so it's quite hopeless to find any Vipers to sit in. But soon there will be mine ;)

Thanks again :cool:

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hell with it...lol The GTS with a 2' drop might not be perfect, but it also allows you to move the pedals out a few inches. Keep that in mind.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember The Nutty Professor? They had to cut Sherman Klump out of the Viper. Getting in is easy for big folks, extraction force can be huge! Ask my last date! She was.

Or just watch MTV Cribs when Shaq is on it. He had a few Ferraris modified to fit him, so anything is possible.

OP
OP
F

Feanor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I guess Shaq's budget is somewhat larger than mine.. ;)

But I can always dream.. :cool:

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sun Ra is probably closer to 6'5" or 6'6", but with a seat lowering kit he fits just fine. We do around 20 lowering kits per year on new cars, and the tallest customer we have , so far, is 6'9". With someone who is 6'7" , a 2 inch lowering kit will be required, and it would be great if he could find one that was already done, so he could test it out. With different body builds there is always a chance even the lowering kit won't work, but so far we have been able to accomodate quite a few tall folks.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper
1-800-889-1893

Bill,
Why can't you find a means to make a 1" and/or 2" kit that doesn't cost an arm and a leg? The hardware is somewhat of a joke for the price. Of course it's not YOUR fault, but I figured it's easier to whine to leading dealer :laugh: .