Viper in Fatal Crash on Friday

S

SUN RA KAT

Sugarcreek Twp., Greene County, Ohio

One man was killed Friday and a second was taken to Miami Valley Hospital suffering from injuries of unknown severity in a single vehicle accident.

Sugarcreek Twp. police and medics about 1:30 PM to Feedwire Road near Little Sugarcreek on a report of a car on its top found a 1999 Dodge Viper with one man trapped inside and the second man dead.

The names of the two have not been released. The police think the driver was in his 30's was from Beavercreek, lost control of the vehicle and went left of center before hitting a tree. The other person was in his 20's and from Bellbrook. There was scattered thunderstorms in the area at the time of the accident.

Does anyone here know who this could have been?

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sugarcreek Twp., Greene County, Ohio

One man was killed Friday and a second was taken to Miami Valley Hospital suffering from injuries of unknown severity in a single vehicle accident.

Sugarcreek Twp. police and medics about 1:30 PM to Feedwire Road near Little Sugarcreek on a report of a car on its top found a 1999 Dodge Viper with one man trapped inside and the second man dead.

The names of the two have not been released. The police think the driver was in his 30's was from Beavercreek, lost control of the vehicle and went left of center before hitting a tree. The other person was in his 20's and from Bellbrook. There was scattered thunderstorms in the area at the time of the accident.

Does anyone here know who this could have been?

Yes, he was a friend of mine. Please pray for him. :(

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommy, very sorry to hear about your friend and my prayers to his remaining family and loved ones. John

Sorry to hear Tommy. My prayers go out to his family and friends. :(

Austin

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wet road probably... its very easy to underestimate the power of the rain on the road. I slipped the other day going very slow around a turn. I was quite, QUITE surprised. I'm talking 25 mph guys.

If there is an afterlife, I hope our Viper friend is living it.

-Chris

Tommy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
river flyer/austin........I'll pass on your prayers to his family. They will surely appreciate it in these difficult times. Thanks again, guys.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

The 27 year old passenger died. The driver, who has not been named, is still in the hospital. Excessive speed is a contributing factor to the accident, police say.

sanco-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Tommy,

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's always sad hearing about a life cut so short. May we all remember just how fragile we are. God's peace and comfort to you and his family.

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad indeed. I'm sorry for your loss Tommy. Friday my Uncle was killed in a car accident here in Cincinnati, so I understand how painful all this can be. If there's anything I can do let me know. I'll keep you, him, and his family in my prayers.

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Very sad. Sorry to hear of such a loss. My prayers for their families
and friends. I lived in the Dayton area for years working for GM there,
knew people who lived in that area.

OP
OP
S

SUN RA KAT

I found out a deer ran out in front of the Viper and the driver swerved to miss it and crashed into a tree instead. The roads were dry at the time.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Friends don't let friends drive Vipers.

The word is that the car was on a test drive, the driver was on his first drive in a Viper. At the scene the skid marks look alot like the right front tire went off of the edge onto the berm and then came back on the road in an over correction with the skid marks going across the road into the bank and then into the trees. It looks alot like driver error or inexpierence. Very bad for all involved.
A nice young man, Joel Summers is gone forever.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96