VIPER kills Z06 Today .......What a Day!!!!!!

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today was a day that was hard to believe. I went out for my usual Saturday morning drive with my 2005 SRT 10 just to have a little fun on the Garden State Parkway. I wasn't on the road but 5 minutes and I couldn't believe what I saw, a new Z06 pulling up right along side me. He wanted to give it a run so we slowed down till all other cars had passed us and we took off at about 30 miles an hour. He jumped out about a half a car length on me because I overpowered first a little and I'm sure his TC kicked in and helped him, But then I nailed a perfect second gear and I jumped out two car lengths and had him by 1 1/2. I absolutely smashed third gear and it was all over, he couldn't believe I beat him. He even had the decency and courage to give me a thumbs up when we slowed down and he pulled along side. I was so proud to own a Viper, I can't tell you how great I felt. Then as if that weren't enough today, I was on my way home and a guy and girl in a Dodge truck pulled up along side me and started taking pictures of my car with their picture phone. What a day !!! Viper Nation fear not what the Car Mag Rags are telling you it's a drivers race to win, the car doesn't know that just because the magazines say so. I don't really care what anybody else says, writes about, or thinks, the Viper is still King of The Hill in both speed and looks. Today proved that to me.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that is more what we should expect. Not that a Viper wins but that the driver becomes the most important element. We should hear lots of "I won" and I lost" stories from each side.

OP
OP
V

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely no Mods yet, bone stock. I was going to get supercharger and moton suspension this winter when driving will be a little limited. Wonder if I really need it now??????

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely no Mods yet, bone stock. I was going to get supercharger and moton suspension this winter when driving will be a little limited. Wonder if I really need it now??????

Well it's hard to gauge an entire line of cars based one one race. These cars are close in performace so one car will not ALWAYS come out ahead. Like I said anything can happen on the street. Not trying to downplay the win at all but you never know how well the other guy can drive. I watched a SRT vert make 5 runs at the strip, ALL 5 Runs were in the 13's in the quarter. He was getting beat by stock C5 Vettes, they beat the DRIVER not the Viper.

Personally I could never own a stock car, but that's me. :laugh:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE kill.

MY belief was always that the snake would be faster on the street, but as Mopar said you can't judge a line of cars on 1 race but its a good start.

THATS the true test IMO no mags or specs but REAL street and it looks like the snake came out on top.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GR8 is right when he says it is the driver not the car. Good luck and here is to more wins, the mags are all over the place in their stats so who can you believe.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nicely done! That Z06 was probably still in it's break-in period ... dumb owner

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This actually makes real world sense. The Vette's traction control and gearing that allow it to go 0-60 in first gear have had a huge impact on the magazine 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. I have wondered all along what would happen from a roll. I don't think this will be the last time we will hear this kind of story.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good KILL! My buddy and I were racing as well and the Viper pulled his Ford GT hard, but then again my SRT is pulling close to 1000hp crank hp. My problem is that now that it is like 40 degrees out my DLM SRT is hard to launch! From first back pedding I still just blow the tires away. I need Kumhos bad! Does anyone make a sticky 19 tire?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This actually makes real world sense. The Vette's traction control and gearing that allow it to go 0-60 in first gear have had a huge impact on the magazine 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. I have wondered all along what would happen from a roll. I don't think this will be the last time we will hear this kind of story.

My thinking all along on the mag numbers. Throw in a rolling start.....and the result has to change.....and it looks like it does. Real world street.

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had similar experiences in PA although not as quite the car lenght lead that VipeRick describes but the Viper did outpace the Corvette from 50mph to 140mph at which time we discontinued the contest. Additionally, its a shame GM didn't make the Z more aggressive looking. Its quite plain and very similar to the standard C6 when you see it live.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was probably a C6 with Z06 badging.

It had to of been b/c there is no way on earth that a big v10 can beat the beefed up v8. I know that those vettes have sooooo much extra hp and espically tq.

***???

vd.. :mad:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Kill!! Even with a bad launch from 30 the stock Viper still came from behind strong. Must be something other than just driving skill. :headbang: