Viper mag back to the same old bullship

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasted cover and wasted pages on car vs jet plane.Wasted pages on hot rod mag cars.Wasted pages on many non Viper car articles and pictures.Wasted page on offensive ricer drifting while the Corvette motors off to legitamate world titles like the Viper used to while the SRT-10 drifts on in grand ricer style. GTS Bruce

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was thinking that someone should start a Viper mag that comes out more often. Kinda like the mags you always see for the vettes and stangs. However, the more I thought about it there is just not enough new info to keep it going, IMO. I guess thats what the VCA Viper mag is going through. I would think that with only 4 issues a year they could have a great mag. Just what I was thinking.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...What a difference of opinion.

I thought this issues was one of the best issues ever. Fantastic, world class photography and writing. Great coverage of what the VCA was doing with fantastic looking raffle car, what the club members were doing with their individual cars, wonderful information that DC was supporting the early owners by offering remanufactured Gen 1 motors, and that more remanufactured parts will be available from the factory to support our cars as they get older, and parts get scarce.

Zone rendezvous coverage for past and future dates, Articles on Comp Coupe racing, new light weight wheels, new special editions in both white/blue and Copperhead.
Announcements that all future Viper purchasers will receive a full day of high performance driving with professional instructors for drag racing and road courses.
Technical information, right from SVT, information about our security systems, ViperDays and VRL reports, new drifting car based on production car as opposed to Comp Coupe, Support for our military engaged overseas, some charity events, featuring Vipers, some news about active regional ViperClubs, and a host of Viper specific advertising so we have a proper place for our Viper budgets.
I understand that the factory is not currently compainging the Viper Convertable on world venues. Think that will change with the introduction of the new Coupe. I would expect Viper Magazine to cover those events when they happen in the same magnificant style.

The cherry on the top was an Ambassador coupon that could be worth hundreds of dollars on the purchase of one of Dodges regular cars.

Viperviking

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well..could be that the interest is not on top in the US, but here in Europe the dream of "the best American muscle car ever built", is still living and going strong..just to be out driving and actually having people make a "u" turn to follow you for miles, being sorounded by a hord of anthusiasts every time you make a stop at gas stations or shoppingplaces, watching peoples eyes getting wide open like the "Grand Canyon" when you meet them in oncoming trafic, having people call you from many countries to atend different carshows and actually getting paid for all expenses + a chunk of pocketmoney..that's what I call the dream still living on with lots of interest.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting so sick of all this complaining.
The magazine is crap...
The SRT looks like a Honda...

Then buy a Vette !

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to also add.....then if you don't like it write an article or send some photo's, it is after all our magazine.

The Uk has less than 20 members yet we have sent and had published loads of photo's.

Its up to all of us to make it a better magazine.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasted cover and wasted pages on car vs jet plane.Wasted pages on hot rod mag cars.Wasted pages on many non Viper car articles and pictures.Wasted page on offensive ricer drifting while the Corvette motors off to legitamate world titles like the Viper used to while the SRT-10 drifts on in grand ricer style. GTS Bruce
And don't forget Herb Helbig answering all the tech questions with a "take it to your dealer".

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And don't forget Herb Helbig answering all the tech questions with a "take it to your dealer".
Man, both of you guys hit it right on the money.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd just like to receive the damn magazine.

Paid my dues... no friggin' magazine.

Made calls..... yeah, yeah, yeah.... bite me.

No magazine.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Reminds me of that MTV show "LoveLine" with Adam whatshisface and Dr. Drew. Drew answer to every caller was either "stop sleeping around," or "go see your doctor."

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd just like to receive the damn magazine.

Paid my dues... no friggin' magazine.

Made calls..... yeah, yeah, yeah.... bite me.

No magazine.

Ditto.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Bruce should just make up a form in Word and cut and paste in in when the magazine comes out, you can always count on the same kind of comments, here's his last post on the mag. I had a chance to hoist a few with the editor in January, the mag is ultimately only going to be as good as it's contributors. He is avidly pursuing material fom US. Go to an event, take pictures and email a description of the event, he will even write the article. Racing would be perfect. His email is in the front of the magazine.

LINK!

GTS234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, what issue is out now?? The last one I got was the Spring 2005 issue (the "coupe de grace" issue with the new coupe on the cover).

The reason I ask is that I've not received the last 5 or 6 issues when they were released. Every time, I think to my self "Well it's time (or past time) to be getting a Viper magazine". I call and ask, and they say that the current issue has been gone. I tell them that I didn't get one, again!! In a few days, I wind up getting the magazine; late, but at least I get it. But I haven't gotten one without calling in the last year and a half.

For the $100 a year, at least we should get the magazine without having beg for it!! :mad:

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I didn't say the mag was all BS,just half filled with BS.After an initial post,telephone calls and e-mails to VCA it got better for a couple of issues.Now its back to half BS again.I say cut the mag in half and post twice as often leaving out the non Viper and ricer BS.Or cut the mag in half and save some postage.The Gen 1 and 2 cars are alive and well.Gen 3?Well all we can hope for is a Viper rebirth in Gen IV unless Gen III has sunk the marque.If I were buying new now no question it would be Z06.Buying used a classic gen 1 or 2. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also who pays for the mag anyways?I would say advertisers first,then subscribers 2'nd.Who knows?If DC and SRT are so keen in getting their messages out let them buy an ad page.Of course under no circumstances must any RICER drifting article be accepted. GTS Bruce

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ricers ****. That's not a sport. Anyone can take a viper, run it up to 70mph, throw it into a slide, throttle steer for 200 feet, pass another car without crashing, change directions and slide it back the other way...jeez, anyone can do that...right Bruce? Sam is a phenominal driver and deserves recognition.

Paul hit the nail on the head. If you want to see an article about "XYZ", then write one and send it to Mark. He is very open to articles sent in by US. This is OUR (The VCA's) magazine, if you want to see something, then write about it, or suggest it.

DN

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper magazine is nothing but Dodge marketing hype. I think it's worthless. The Herb Helbig advice section is a joke.

Jim

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bashing Viper Magazine,you guys are gonna be nixed from the free gift list,and have nothing to live for!

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drifting a sport?I do it all the time in my PU truck on knobby tires especialy during the winter months.Sam may have great hand,eye coordination and great car feel.If he's making money drifting thats great too.Too bad he can't get a ride in a legitement series where the top closed wheel drivers are.Boris Said might almost be good enough to make it in NASCAR.Ron Fellows is not. GTS Bruce

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drifting a sport?I do it all the time in my PU truck on knobby tires especialy during the winter months.Sam may have great hand,eye coordination and great car feel.If he's making money drifting thats great too.Too bad he can't get a ride in a legitement series where the top closed wheel drivers are.Boris Said might almost be good enough to make it in NASCAR.Ron Fellows is not. GTS Bruce

Ummmm, did you autually READ the magazine? Or did you just shred it and flush it after SKIMMING it and finding ONE page on drifting with Sam. If you would just turn ONE page back from the ONE page devoted to drifting, which I don't get either, you will find the results from Thunderhill Viper Days.....OOPS.... Sam Hubinette, first in the Saturday race.....OOPS..... Sam Hubinette first in the Sunday race too. Is ViperDays a legit series? And what the heck, I would never travel to go to a drifting event but if a car owner, driver and and Mopar sponsorship can kick some ricer a$$ in an event ricers invented I think I like reading about that too. :headbang:

vipermag

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to thank everyone who took the time to comment on the latest issue of the magazine. I appreciate all the feedback, positive or negative. There's always a lot to be learned either way.

That being said, I would also like to add my voice to those who suggested that more people take an active role in sending ideas to VM. Since we've changed the format to include the Lifestyle section, we need a lot more cruising/racing/human interest stories photos and stories. If you have something you'd like to see in the magazine, send it along--chances are I'll have room for it.

Also, I know some people have had trouble with their subscriptions from time to time. Please, if you're not receiving the magazine and can't seem to get a satisfactory answer, e-mail me directly at [email protected]. I promise to do my best to straighten it out.

Thanks again to everyone who reads the magazine and please send along any ideas or suggestions you might have for improving it. I try to check the VCA Web site regularly for ideas, but it's always good to hear from Viper owners directly.

Mark Giannotta
Editor-in-Chief
VIPER Magazine

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, I enjoy the magazine all the time. I do agree though, that ALL the articles should be VIPER related. If I want info on a Dodge Magnum or 300 ...I can get it off the internet or from a dealer. Overall the magazine is really good. I think the people who are complaining should contribute their storys or events, cruises, pics, performance, etc to make it a better magazine.

Dave :usa:

GTS234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well... when I saw the cover, I thought to myself.... Viper vs F16 again?

Well, I take it from that comment that the latest issue I have is not the issue that is currently out. What issue is out now, Spring or Summer? The last one I got was Spring with the new coupe on the cover. :confused:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well... when I saw the cover, I thought to myself.... Viper vs F16 again?

I agree, that crap is old. Just a cool photo op, but who really cares?
How about a little less emphasis on the SRT/10 and a little more on the older RT/10 and GTS models. They are going to be (or are already) the collectable classics. The SRT/10 will not.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang