Viper meets curb...almost....

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
From this mornings DFW Cars and Coffee...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7flAN9iFKBE[/media]

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg:

pivoted around the engine

lucky car, lucky spectators

:dunno: what's that smell coming from the driver's seat :crazy2:

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the owner on this forum? I want to know what type of tires he had, what went wrong, etc.

From the picture it seems like its a vert to coupe conversion.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the owner on this forum? I want to know what type of tires he had, what went wrong, etc.

Thats looks like a removable Autoform top (or maybe a Jeff Lemke top) vs. a full blown "conversion". I'm betting on Runcraps tires and trying to show off is what got him in trouble.

OP
OP
K

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not sure. He has a bunch of Autoform goodies and a Paxton. I think he still runs the stock runflats.

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like he has an aftermarket hard top on. Definitely a vert and definitely does not know how to drive the car. He got lucky and maybe fooled a couple in the crowd that he meant to do that. I bet he drove home really really slow.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The owner is on the N Tx. VCA Mailing list. He has stock run-flats on polished sidewinders with a hardtop and Paxton S/C. Just got a little overzealous like many of us do when wanting to show off in front of a large crowd. A few people have lost it when leaving that place.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there too, but missed that action. :omg: I know the guy who owns that car. He is one of the nicest, unassuming guys you'll meet. That is a lot of car as was mentioned, and it just got away from him. He's not the first, won't be the last. Just glad no damage.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there too, but missed that action. :omg: I know the guy who owns that car. He is one of the nicest, unassuming guys you'll meet. That is a lot of car as was mentioned, and it just got away from him. He's not the first, won't be the last. Just glad no damage.

EXACTLY!!

I was told there was a graphite/black ACR at the meet. I was actually pretty surprised to hear that. :2tu:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no one here has lost there viper for a bit?these cars are unpredictible,tires cold and etc,give him a break.glad no one was hurt.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And the car looks lowered too much! Not good for handling.
Money for good tires should have HIGH PRIORITY. Nothing else matters more on our cars.

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of us have lost control of these cars at some point in time, especially with the runcraps. Removing them was by far my best mod. Glad nobody got hurt.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the car has a Paxton, belangers, fuel system upgrade, and Motons. I don't think it has run-flats, but not 100% sure. The front lip of the chin spoiler sets probably less than 2 inches from the ground. It definitely is set up to put out some HP, and as we all know driving these cars can be unpredictable - takes careful use of the right foot.

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd think the rear diff has a lot to do with these cars. Runflats or not, if the diff is hooking up weird or banging in all at once, you're potentially going to upset the chassis.

Glad nobody was hurt.

Cheers,
George

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold run flats with a ton of power and maybe a little too much enthusiasm, can be a dangerous combination. :nono:

I was at that event (great event)and met the guy, seemed nice enough. Sure am glad he didn't mess up his ride.

I took off from the same spot in my Gen IV, with no problems, behind a guy in a blue/white stripes GTS with a barbed wire stripe down the side. Now that was one fast car, sounded great, like a trans am car!:headbang:

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cold run flats with a ton of power and maybe a little too much enthusiasm, can be a dangerous combination. :nono:

I was at that event (great event)and met the guy, seemed nice enough. Sure am glad he didn't mess up his ride.

I took off from the same spot in my Gen IV, with no problems, behind a guy in a blue/white stripes GTS with a barbed wire stripe down the side. Now that was one fast car, sounded great, like a trans am car!:headbang:

Is that David from MoonShadow's? I think he's in the N.Tx VCA as well.