Viper on "Ultimate Factories" Thursday, Feb. 17

OP
OP
Marv S

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Cool transition into the interview clips with one of the VCA Region Presidents at VOI11. :2tu:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Thanks to RacerZxXx for uploading the show :2tu:

Part 1

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYln5pv4X4[/media]
Part 2

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_x2zg2UUjI&feature=related[/media]
Part 3

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTPrxnyHAcw&feature=related[/media]
Part 4

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrnfotPPh0&feature=related[/media]

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved it! Nat Geo did us justice!

How incredible to have our favorite Car, the actual Builders, our CEO, the Engineers who keep us safe, the VCA & passionate Owners immortalized together in a documentary.

Where else could you get that combination?

Only Dodge will.

Come for the car, stay for the friends.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did'nt realize that "hand made" included the use of forearms to set the roof on the coupes :)

But in all seriousness thank you connor ave. workers for building such an amazing machine, and like the video mentions that owning a car like this is something special because 100yrs down the road people will still be looking at it (or something to those words).

More importantly we are all part of viper history by being owners and enthusiast.

Thank you all again.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
please upload them mirrored - the vids get blocked ...

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it was a wonderful show I was able to record it on Dvd -_-
I cryd at the end With the music and that guy walking up to the SRT Coupe _-_

10/10

it was nice to finally see how my baby is made
I respect the viper and the people that make it even more Now -_-

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cryd at the end With the music and that guy walking up to the SRT Coupe _-_
That guy is Herb Helbig, The GrailKeeper
[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3889376282245384433#[/media]

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Moderators, please delete my "Ultimate Factories" thread. I am going to make my comment here. Thanks.

Anyway, I just watched the Ultimate Factories show on the Connor Viper Plant. It was fun, but...

On the positive, side it showed a lot of good people building the car and it also put the Viper in a spotlight as a great American car. However, showed only the assembly plant. I would like to see how the many parts are built and where they came from--at least the major components. For instance, I would love to see how the chasis is built--welded together--designed, etc. I think it was a good show about assembly, but it lacked detail about pre-assembly... Those people build the foundation of the car and should have credit!

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
However, showed only the assembly plant. I would like to see how the many parts are built and where they came from--at least the major components. For instance, I would love to see how the chasis is built--welded together--designed, etc. I think it was a good show about assembly, but it lacked detail about pre-assembly... Those people build the foundation of the car and should have credit!
I'm with ya on that, BUT....
With the attention span of the general public today, you expect them to watch a 9-hour show?
I know I would sit there glued to the TV like it's the security camera of the pool at the ******* Mansion, but few would. I'd love to see Ralph, D!ck and the SRT folks saying "Yes" and "No" as they work with the CAD people.
Then watch as Ralph puts one of the company attorneys in a headlock and demands they change the law(s) so the Viper can rule the road for years to come.
(no offense to Bobpantax or patentlaw....heh heh)

After all that action, throw in some horror: crash tests! All of us would cringe like seeing a Ming-era vase fall off a stand in a museum as a Viper gets subjected to....well, a wall.

Show the re-tooling process of CAAP as the next generation comes about, and the details involved.
I'd *LOVE* to see all that stuff and would gladly sit there with a 60 oz. Rockstar and a bigazz bag of cheezy-poofs for the entire thing.

BUT....Lawrence Of Arabia was 3.5 hours long and I don't know of a single teen/twenty-something that would last through it. :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How cool was this proto gen 1!!

'Twas at the VOI 11 dinners too along with a couple of others!
Jimmy and I met the guy with the red shirt, glasses and black cap that got interviewed in front of the group of Vipers on day 3 of our roadtrip.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>the guy with the red shirt, glasses and black cap that got interviewed in front of the group of Vipers on day 3 of our roadtrip.<<<

Steve(911) is famous now!

Last edited:

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Loved it! Nat Geo did us justice!

How incredible to have our favorite Car, the actual Builders, our CEO, the Engineers who keep us safe, the VCA & passionate Owners immortalized together in a documentary.

Where else could you get that combination?

Only Dodge will.

Come for the car, stay for the friends.

:2tu:

Kala,,,,,Thanks also for the YouTube links you posted,,,enjoyed it!

:drive: :headbang:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which steve is this, what's his board name?

Don't know if he is on the boards, but these were taken right after we noticed a cool combo in the rearview mirror:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which steve is this, what's his board name?

That would be me. I had just parked my car from the track event portion and the film crew walked up to me and wanted to talk. I thought I would have ended up on the cutting room floor but I didn't.:D

Those pics that were posted yesterday are of me, my wife, my truck and one or our cars on the way out to VOI 11.:2tu:

Steve A.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually missed the thread before, just watched it now, awesome find. thanks

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it airs again at 1 CT on the National Geographic channel today.

Bruce

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang