Viper Pick-up?

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a call today from a friend who was wondering if I planned
on purchasing one of the new Dodge Rams with the Viper motor.
I told him I didn't think there was anything like that comming
out. He said he heard about it on the radio today in Bakersfield.
They said it had the Viper motor, center caps, and assorted other
Viper do-dads. I find it VERY hard to believe that, IF true, I wouldn't have heard about here first. Any truth to any of this, or did some clown find his way to the microphone?

Reaction score
They played around with this idea a few years back but I have not heard anything else about it. Maybe someone like Joe or Jon B has some insight on this topic.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I've never heard of this package...although the Ram has been available with a V10 for a long time!

Wasn't there someone that added some Viper related goodies to his custom V10 truck? Maybe that's what the person was talking about.

Dodge also had a show car called a sidewinder that was a lowered V-10 Ram.

You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
I know the Tn VCA President (Eric Johnson) put a Viper crate motor in his 97' 1/2 Ton Ram, it bolted right up to a 98' Cummins Automatic Tranny. It's one sweet ride alone with a ton of other Viper goodies on it. I'll find the pictures of it and post them.

But on the other hand, Joe Dodge did make a Ram concept that had the Viper GTS wheels on it, mirrors, motor and tranny. It looked exactly like the 96' Ram Indy Pace Truck but was called the Dodge Ram VTS. Remember now?

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred, did you have Maurice call Frank Vaughn? If not let me know and I will ask an Illinois member who speaks to him occasionally.

BTW. Last time I spoke to Frank he was moving over to one of the truck factories.