Viper pricing in 2011

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would seem that the used market for Vipers should rise to a demand created by the stopping of production for the time being. If used becomes the only Viper market , why than would prices not start going up? If a 1000 used Vipers were bought in 2011 from dealers and private parties would that not increase the value of a used one. I am not sure how many used Vipers are bought every year, only how many new ones were produced. I would think from 5%-20% on the used market soon....any thoughts. If you want to buy it should turn to a sellers market!:headbang:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're dreaming if you think prices are going to rise any time soon. There are a few hundred new ones sitting at dealerships with discounts as high as $15k which are not selling. Until that overhang disappears the market will not firm up.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Vipers have become available in so many different colors and equipage that the ability to find numerous ones that you wish to purchase and pit the owners against each other to get the price down is fast going away.

Sellers know they now have unique vehicles, and can hold firmer to their prices.

Dealers also know that once they sell off their existing stock, that it may be months/years until they can replace their stock.

Think this year will see excellent condition, popular models, with preferred options firming up, while unpopular colors, not in prime condition will see their values soften.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The used Viper prices just took a major hit today as Tomball has finally decided to clear out his unsold 2009 inventory at huuuge discount- we're talking about brand spanking new ACRs at $87k. It was only a matter of time before he decided to recoup his investment. At $20k off on new ones, it's going to be tough for used ACR owners to get anywhere near their current asking prices. Hate to say I told you so, but....

Dodge should also be on the hook and bring back the 0% financing to help the handful of dealers that got stuck with "old" inventory post bankruptcy. Dodge really screwed over those dealers by making them take dozens of Vipers in the middle of winter 2009/2010:mad:

texas_venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious as to why this is in the new owner forum??? These threads should be under general Viper discussions... and I am sure there are already some there.

Good luck on the prices going up... not going to happen.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It allready happened. as far as gen 3's. only a year ago you could see 40 gen 3s for sale on ebay. they would all be from the lowest low of 36k for a 40k mile 03 to the highest high of 47k for 5k mile 06 coupe.

now you are lucky to find 15 gen3s for sale and even the 2003 with 40k miles will be at 39k.

i know a guy who recently just got 50k for his 2003 viper with over 30k miles

its already happening as far as im concerned

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude