Viper problems

mchafin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a couple of question concerning my new Viper.. The first is the passenger side door. For some reason you can not open the door from the outside. You can push the button and nothing happens. But then I can come back an hour or two later and the door will be popped open?? Sorta scary.. The other problem is the heater. Even after interstate driving for 30 minutes I have no heat what so ever?? Have any of you guys had any of these problems??

Thanks!!

Mike

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the door you will need to remove the trim and test/inspect the solenoid.

Heater.
Have to be the water valve.
It is located on the passenger side by the windshield wiper motor,look there and you will find a valve with a cable going to it,when you move the dial from cold to hot,the cable move the arm and open the valve,see if it move and if the arm is not loose on the valve.

Luc.00GTS

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are in the car and the locks are on you can get out on the drivers side but the passenger side will remain locked until the key is off. However even in that case the door should not be open later.

No offense but if you are a new owner perhaps you are not setting the controls correctly. For the heater to work the distribution knob must be on the right of center. In other words if you have it on the first stop to the left no heat will come through. It has to be on the first or other stops to the right.

Hope that helps.

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the heater, you can only have heat when it is on your feet or defrost, not coming out the front vents. I thought mine was broke (1997) but was reading somewhere else that said that was normal

OP
OP
M

mchafin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay now I feel like an idiot.. The heater works fine when I put it on the two settings right of center.. Now if I could just get the durn passengers door to open from the outside.. Thanks for all the help.

Mike

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
slaughterj....RLMAO...so is that the technical name for that vent?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS Dean,

I always thought that hole was a storage area for my 'package' when I drive - fits great!

Then again, I guess you little guys wouldn't have the same problem....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the others have mentioned, if you have the dial in the two right of center positions, you will get heat, but that heat will not come out of the regular front vents or the crotch blow-hole.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was a crotch freeze hole. I've always said they need to install a mid-60's style spherical vent register that can swivel any direction, including OFF.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang