Viper Question

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question About traction control ??

Is Traction Control Something A Tuner company can add to the viper ?

or is Dodge the only one that's allowed to add Traction Control ??

Which Is Why i dont get why a tuner like hennessy never added TC to any of the vipers he tuned.

:)

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is at least one aftermarket TC system that I know of. That's why I suggested you call Mark at Woodhouse, he has all the details.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TC is a nanny that many Viper owners dont even want. Most want to control the car themselves and it does take more skill without it. It adds weight and costs too. Hennessey and most other tuners want to deal strictly with performance mods, aero and suspension set ups.

Reaction score
The Race logic TC adds about 2.5 lbs. to the car and does not work like a invasive factory TC does. It will only limit wheel spin between 0-25% and does not use the brakes to do this. It will not save you like a factory system is designed to just optimize whatever traction is available on the surface you are driving. In the end it increases performance not really safety.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question About traction control ??

Is Traction Control Something A Tuner company can add to the viper ?

or is Dodge the only one that's allowed to add Traction Control ??

Which Is Why i dont get why a tuner like hennessy never added TC to any of the vipers he tuned.

:)

Buy a vette.

:usa:

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The worlds best TC and car handling system is the grey matter between the ears coupled to the bio-mechanical human unit.

Simply put, a Viper needs no nanny tech BS, simply a good driver. If you're so lame as to need nanny to stay on the road, a Viper surely isn't the car for you. Buy a vette or a porsche and be done with it.

--FQB

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dont open wheel cars have tc== maybe they need to learn how to drive also:confused: hell il take tc if you give it to me,i just want to b able to shut if off.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The worlds best TC and car handling system is the grey matter between the ears coupled to the bio-mechanical human unit.

Simply put, a Viper needs no nanny tech BS, simply a good driver. If you're so lame as to need nanny to stay on the road, a Viper surely isn't the car for you. Buy a vette or a porsche and be done with it.

--FQB

What he said. :drive: YOU are the vipers traction control! There isn't anything that the electronic nanny can do for you that your left and right foot can't accomplish just as well. Go buy a vette.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm thinking lance.....:eater:

j/k

interesting question though, but to most here, kinda like:

You must be registered for see images attach

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here goes the 'nanny' bs again.

Its 2011 !!! Make the Viper the best it can possibly be. If this means adding some electronic aids...then do it. Whatever it takes to make the Viper leave the others in the dust. Blow the competition away. This car needs to be on top of the food chain, not somewhere down the line because the other manufacturers have 'outsmarted' it. Sure, do allow the driver to adjust or turn certain features off if they choose to.

I certainly hope that Dodge wont compromise the possible level of performance for the Viper just to satisfy those that have a ego that cant handle the fact that the car can be made to work better with some electronic aids.

Its called evolution. Just like better tires, brakes and suspension.

Hey...for those that want the challenge. Get that Hemi Cuda or Boss 429 out there and run it hard. Plenty of horse power and great looks....not much else (and no sound systems to tick you off). For those that want to be stuck in the past, there will always be plenty of options.

I for one trust Dodge completely to offer yet another outstanding generation with the Viper they are about to show us.

Matt

Last edited:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>There isn't anything that the electronic nanny can do for you that your left and right foot can't accomplish just as well<<<
:eater:
Not right...ESP can brake every single wheel - you cant! .........no, I am not in favour of ESP and hate it in my 2010 SRT-8. :D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's so fun to read threads like this. The testosterone really comes out. :eater:

Me tough man, me have Viper. You ***** man, you get Vette. Oh Oh Oh, Ar Ar Ar, Oh Oh Oh...

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's so fun to read threads like this. The testosterone really comes out. :eater:

Me tough man, me have Viper. You ***** man, you get Vette. Oh Oh Oh, Ar Ar Ar, Oh Oh Oh...

Not at all. IMNSHO I truly hate nanny. I have it in my 09 Challenger srt8 6spd, it blows. Can't even 100% turn it off. I grew up and learned to drive long before any form of nanny. I actually learned how to control a car in less than optimal conditions and I went to several driving schools.

The Viper is such a relief, it's just a pure hotrod. No crap, no nanny, just a car that does exactly what you tell it when you tell it to without question or hesitation.

Nanny doesn't make a car better, it only *tries* to make an idiot less dangerous. NO computer can out drive a competent human.

--FQB

OP
OP
C

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why are you guy's beening so cruel to me i just asked a simple question
about my favorite car ever

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its 2011 !!! Make the Viper the best it can possibly be. If this means adding some electronic aids...then do it. Whatever it takes to make the Viper leave the others in the dust. Blow the competition away. This car needs to be on top of the food chain, not somewhere down the line because the other manufacturers have 'outsmarted' it.

Please elaborate specifically on where you think the Viper is lacking when compared to other sportscars. The current Viper is setting records on every track it touches.
It leaves others in the dust,
blows the competition away,
is on top of the food chain.
Clearly the vettes/Ferraris/lambos/ect... can not outsmart the Viper with all of their gadgets that take control away from the primary operator of a vehicle. The Driver.

Sure, do allow the driver to adjust or turn certain features off if they choose to.

Agree'd

I certainly hope that Dodge wont compromise the possible level of performance for the Viper just to satisfy those that have a ego that cant handle the fact that the car can be made to work better with some electronic aids.

The Viper was built for a niche market. If you dont fit in that niche then there are several other sportscars that can fulfill your desires.

Its called evolution. Just like better tires, brakes and suspension.

Better Tires/Brakes/Suspension allow a vehicle to more directly translate a drivers inputs to the road. This gives the driver greater control. Its when you have sh!ty tires and a loose suspension that your inputs get botched up and the vehicle misscommunicates with you and the road.
Traction control, Stability control, and other safety gadgets take control away from the Driver by taking his inputs and changing them to something that the driver did not intend to do.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please elaborate specifically on where you think the Viper is lacking when compared to other sportscars. The current Viper is setting records on every track it touches.
It leaves others in the dust,
blows the competition away,
is on top of the food chain.
Clearly the vettes/Ferraris/lambos/ect... can not outsmart the Viper with all of their gadgets that take control away from the primary operator of a vehicle. The Driver.

Agree'd

The Viper was built for a niche market. If you dont fit in that niche then there are several other sportscars that can fulfill your desires.

Better Tires/Brakes/Suspension allow a vehicle to more directly translate a drivers inputs to the road. This gives the driver greater control. Its when you have sh!ty tires and a loose suspension that your inputs get botched up and the vehicle misscommunicates with you and the road.
Traction control, Stability control, and other safety gadgets take control away from the Driver by taking his inputs and changing them to something that the driver did not intend to do.

Do you really think that the other manufacturer that are in this 'niche' (there is more than 1 car in this group or else why do we even compare it to others)are just sitting idle and waiting to see what Dodge has up their sleeve when the new Viper is introduced. The stakes are being raised every year and there are even new players showing up. What I am saying is that I hope that Dodge does all that they can to ensure that the car is on top still when re introduced again. If this then means introducing systems that are proven to work....then so be it. Make it as good as possible.

If conditions were always perfect....and your car was always perfect in every way with fresh, correctly inflated, just the right temp, high performance tires, finely adjusted suspension just right for the road ahead....the roads you travel are of course perfectly paved and all other drivers where driving as well as you....on top of their game. Never tired, Never distracted...well, then I guess it would all be great driving for anyone pushing their high performance cars.

Reality is that most of the time, unless in a controlled environment, different conditions are thrown at us constantly, and while I am sure there are some very good drivers on this forum, many in reality are human and could probably benefit from some electronic performance systems. It would make them better (read safer) drivers and what do you know....may even save their lives someday. Do you think its possible that some of the Viper crashes in the last several years could have been avoided ? (I am not defending stupid driving and think many where caused by simply that)

I also do know that, as you mentioned, F1 cars and Indy cars arent able to have any TC and similar aids any longer. Isnt it true that laps times slowed down several seconds once those new rules got implemented ? Drivers just werent able to drive as efficiently.

I personally dont think it has to be Black or White...there are ways to change cars for the better that will benefit all of us. Some stuff we probably wouldnt even know about unless we were told. If the new Viper comes out with a whole bunch on 'nannies'....well then those that cant deal with that will have to make some choices to either accept it or look for a left over 2010 on a dealer lot.

....and Yes. I love my Viper in its beautiful, raw and unsofisticated way.

oh...and guess what (you gonna love this)... I have a digital Race Logic TC installed...but its turned off as we speak.

Matt

Last edited:

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real answer is. When Dodge tried to add the traction control system in 2007 they wasted a whole model year during development. That is why 2007 has the least amount of production. It wasn't put on the 2008-2010 cars but will be on the next generation.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real answer is. When Dodge tried to add the traction control system in 2007 they wasted a whole model year during development. That is why 2007 has the least amount of production. It wasn't put on the 2008-2010 cars but will be on the next generation.

There was no 2007 production, they were doing the new engine and trans, etc.

I suspect the new Viper will have govt mandated nannies, and that's so truly unfortunate. You know that the govt has almost single handedly destroyed the auto industry with regulation and stupidity. Is everything the govt does wrong ? No, but a large portion yes. Is nanny wrong, HELL YES !

And BTW, speaking of F1 and nanny, they turned RECORD lap times at most of the tracks this year without nanny tech. Some of the tracks were reconfigured or new so it's hard to tell what they were doing there but this coming year will tell.

--FQB

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no 2007 production, they were doing the new engine and trans, etc.

This explanation makes much more sense than RayW's

Ray, where are you getting your info??? I'm curious as i didnt think that TC would be attempted implemented on a production Viper until it was mandated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te