Viper Question

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no 2007 production, they were doing the new engine and trans, etc.

I suspect the new Viper will have govt mandated nannies, and that's so truly unfortunate. You know that the govt has almost single handedly destroyed the auto industry with regulation and stupidity. Is everything the govt does wrong ? No, but a large portion yes. Is nanny wrong, HELL YES !

And BTW, speaking of F1 and nanny, they turned RECORD lap times at most of the tracks this year without nanny tech. Some of the tracks were reconfigured or new so it's hard to tell what they were doing there but this coming year will tell.

--FQB

My response was as serious as the OP question. Sorry for the confusion.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why are you guy's beening so cruel to me i just asked a simple question
about my favorite car ever
IF you spent some time reading the forum here you would know the answer to your questions.

Your troll like question has been beaten to death on this forum.

"Search" is your friend

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF you spent some time reading the forum here you would know the answer to your questions.

Your troll like question has been beaten to death on this forum.

"Search" is your friend

this .........

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
why are you guy's beening so cruel to me i just asked a simple question
about my favorite car ever

We aren't trying to be intentionally cruel, this is just a sore subject for some. We like the car the way it is, just totally raw and unrefined. We prefer to have total control of the vehicle and how it acts. It would **** to have a computer spoil your fun while you're drifting across 4 lanes of traffic in a turn at 50 plus mph. So, take it all in stride, everyone here is just trying to be helpful in our own annoying ways. It really is the greatest car and car club on the planet!:drive:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The real answer is. When Dodge tried to add the traction control system in 2007 they wasted a whole model year during development. That is why 2007 has the least amount of production. It wasn't put on the 2008-2010 cars but will be on the next generation.

:lmao: :rolaugh: :confused: :lmao: :rolleyes:

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

You think I am powerful enough to 'force' Dodge to do anyhting at all....Hmmm. Focus your energy elsewhere as a few individuals arent going to change the entire industry, one way or the other.

I am simply leaving it up the factory to figure out how to move forward.

..and if you dont like what Dodge will offer us with their future models, well, sounds like a personal problem. I am certainly not going to loose and sleep over it.

Matt

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has required that all passenger vehicles be equipped with ESC by 2012. The Gen V Viper will be a 2013 model year vehicle. It will have ESC. To the extent the law permits a manufacturer to allow it to be turned off, Dodge will allow it to be turned off. For those who think that it is a simple task to recalibrate the ECM to eliminate ESC, be advised that it is wired into and mixed with the program for the ABS system so it is not a simple or easy job. But, perhaps MOPAR will come out with an OFFROAD ECM soon after release of the Gen V which allows the ESC to be completely turned off. We will just have to wait and see.

I have the Racelogic System. It can be completely turned off and, when it is on, it can be set from 0 to 25%. As Mark said, it is more of a performance enhancer than a safety device. I generally keep it turned off but I wanted to see what it was like so I had Mark put it in back in January 2008.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

You think I am powerful enough to 'force' Dodge to do anyhting at all....Hmmm. Focus your energy elsewhere as a few individuals arent going to change the entire industry, one way or the other.

I am simply leaving it up the factory to figure out how to move forward.

..and if you dont like what Dodge will offer us with their future models, well, sounds like a personal problem. I am certainly not going to loose and sleep over it.

Matt

Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. I wrote "people like you". Let me know if you need me to explain that for you.

"Sounds like a personal problem" really, how old are you?

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your reading comprehension skills are lacking. I wrote "people like you". Let me know if you need me to explain that for you.

"Sounds like a personal problem" really, how old are you?

Chuck,

I am sure my driving skills are 'lacking' as well. No, you dont need to explain it to me Chuck....I got it. You want to belittle me...nice try. 'People like me' realize that Dodge will do what they have to do. I think they are quite capable of creating another legendary generation Viper. With or without 'nannies'.

'People like you' can object all you want to what is inevitable. The cars of the future, whether you agree with it or not, will have more or less of the equipment that you loathe.

This subject seems to have been completely beaten to death.

'How old am I ?...well now I have to admit that you did loose me. Here, let me try to explain it in a different way. If you dont like the product that Dodge will offer in their line up in the future, well then it is a 'personal opinion' of yours and one that may not be shared by all other buyers. Dodge will most likley still move forward with their new Viper and I am sure they will sell quite a few regardless of equipment.

Matt

Last edited:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'People like you' can object all you want to what is inevitable. The cars of the future, whether you agree with it or not, will have more or less of the equipment that you loathe.

Because the government is forcing it, not because Dodge wants to include it. Doesn't that bother you? Even just a little bit?

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because the government is forcing it, not because Dodge wants to include it. Doesn't that bother you? Even just a little bit?

Chuck,

You are right....it does bother me. Even more than just a bit. However, I learned long ago, for my own sanity, not to let what the government does get to me. If I let all the stupid stuff they that do a daily basis bother me, I will walk around a very angry man. So for my own protection, I try to not get to worked up about the stuff I cant do anything about.

I really do agree with you in regards to leaving the car alone and 'raw' for the most part. I hope that Dodge somehow makes what they have to do, blend in to what they have worked so hard at creating over the last 20 years.

If they completely fail, than I think, as has been said before on the forum, that our current cars will get even more attention as the last of a breed.

Matt

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

You are right....it does bother me. Even more than just a bit. However, I learned long ago, for my own sanity, not to let what the government does get to me.

But you should let it get to you and you should do something about it. Even if it's just taking shots on an internet forum, it's a start. Look at how many people lay down and take it just like you're doing, it aint good man. Jefferson, Hamilton, Franklin, Washingtion those guys would have never laid down for this oppressive government crap. The wheels of change turn slowly but they don't turn at all if you don't start and aren't willing to take a little heat.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But you should let it get to you and you should do something about it. Even if it's just taking shots on an internet forum, it's a start. Look at how many people lay down and take it just like you're doing, it aint good man. Jefferson, Hamilton, Franklin, Washingtion those guys would have never laid down for this oppressive government crap. The wheels of change turn slowly but they don't turn at all if you don't start and aren't willing to take a little heat.

Chuck,

I wouldnt say that I 'lay down'. I pick my fights and this one isnt worth fighting for me. If you let everything get to you then you become a person that is bitter all day long. Thats not me. I focus on the things that are more important to me. I run my own business and have plenty to keep me busy as far as 'big brother' wanting to get involved and screwing things up.

I have been sold on the Viper concept since they day they brought it to the market and I am really curious what the new one will be like. There is even part of me that want it to be different so that the current generation becomes even more of a legend.

I dont think that anybody that owns and drives a Viper fits in to the category of 'sheep' just following along. By owning a Viper you have already made a stand and that you dont conform to what makes sense to most.

Matt

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was impressed with ESC on my former F360, admire it on my CL550 (especially this winter)...and I'm going to absolutely love it on my 2013 Viper.

As for our founding fathers (mentioned above), they chose their battles carefully. I'm sure they would have no problem with gov't mandated seatbelts...but the muskets would be in hand over ObamaCare :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was impressed with ESC on my former F360, admire it on my CL550 (especially this winter)...and I'm going to absolutely love it on my 2013 Viper.

As for our founding fathers (mentioned above), they chose their battles carefully. I'm sure they would have no problem with gov't mandated seatbelts...but the muskets would be in hand over ObamaCare :)

So you bounced from a Ferrari to a Mercedes to a Viper. What's next, Porsche or BMW?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo